[Unofficial] TWRP 3.1.1-0 Moto G5 Plus [potter]

Search This thread

Santhosh M

Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
TWRP 3.1.1-0 Moto G5 plus (potter)

Latest TWRP changelog :

3.1.1-0 full changelog

Working/Bugs :

I have just basically tested and all seems to be working (including decryption of /data). If something is broken lemme know.

Please do read the installation guide note !

IMPORTANT NOTE :
  • At first boot twrp will ask for "Swipe to allow modifications for /system" and if you choose to allow it system partition will get modified. So if you choose to reboot back to OS without performing anything in twrp, the OS won't boot (as verity check is enabled in stock OS/kernel) . To avoid this you have to flash either SuperSU or flash any of the verity disabler zips there in xda

• Force encryption is enabled by default in stock OS and twrp will successfully decrypt /data at first boot if all goes well

If in case decryption doesn't go fine, twrp will popup a dialog box asking for password and that means decryption went wrong and you would need to wipe data once via twrp wipe options and reboot back to twrp for functioning of /data

Installation Guide :

• Make sure you have unlocked bootloader
  • Reboot to bootloader
  • fastboot flash recovery twrp-****.img (if you want permanent flash) or fastboot boot twrp-****.img (if you want temporary
    boot)

Download Link :

twrp_3.1.1-0_potter

Have used prebuilt kernel of existing sdcard fixed twrp released by vache and hence there is no kernel source to provide

XDA:DevDB Information
[Unofficial] TWRP 3.1.1-0 Moto G5 Plus, ROM for the Moto G5 Plus

Contributors
Santhosh M, vache
Source Code: http://using prebuilt stock kernel and hence no kernel source available

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat

Version Information
Stable Release Date: 2017-03-21

Created 2017-03-21
Last Updated 2017-06-22

Last edited:

rayzen6

Feb 5, 2016

Oh yussss :) :) tysm. Let's start the party. :D will be flashing right away when ill receive this device on 25

---------- Post added at 03:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:24 PM ----------

It it working properly? Can i flash Super su by temporary boot? I don't want to brick my device so asked this.. Kindly reply, thanks for the early build

It should be working that's why Dev has posted it. Try and let us know. :)

Ankit_29

Feb 26, 2017
Kolkata
Unofficial TWRP 3.1.0-0 Moto G5 (potter)

Latest TWRP changelog :

New features of 3.1.0 (adb backup, tweaked MTP startup routines and plenty of bug fixes - for full changelog)

Download Link

twrp-3.1.0-0-potter.img

Working/Bugs

I have just basically tested and all seems to be working. If something is broken lemme know.

Installation Guide

IMPORTANT NOTE : Since force encryption is enabled by default in stock OS TWRP will/might ask for decrypt password for /data while you boot for first time.
You would need to wipe data once via twrp wipe options and reboot back to recovery for twrp for functioning of /data

Make sure you have unlocked bootloader
fastboot flash recovery twrp-****.img (if you want permanent flash) or fastboot boot twrp-****.img (if you want temporary
boot)

[Unofficial] TWRP 3.1.0-0 Moto G5 Plus, ROM for the Moto G5 Plus

Contributors
Santhosh M
Source Code:http://using prebuilt stock kernel and hence no kernel source available

Version Information

Created 2017-03-21
Last Updated 2017-03-21
This was the reason I went for this device.
Thank you very much.:good:

virajkin

Aug 28, 2012
Goa
OnePlus 7T
Redmi 9 Power
I tried booting to this recovery by fastboot boot twrp...img, to flash super su, it asked for a password, I selected cancel, so i couldnot see my internal storage folders, so just selected to reboot the system. Now the phone has stuck on ! Your device will boot in 5 seconds,, please help anyone. OP

Last edited:

fAIyaZ

Jul 10, 2015
ankleshwar
I tried booting to this recovery by fastboot boot twrp...img, to flash super su, it asked for a password, I selected cancel, so i couldnot see my internal storage folders, so just selected to reboot the system. Now the phone has stuck on ! Your device will boot in 5 seconds,, please help anyone. OP

Make sure u read whole OP at least once. Try to boot into fastboot. And flash again the twrp. U need to wipe your data with twrp first. Than boot ur device. Than flash latest stable SuperSu zip.

Thanks @Santhosh M for bringing twrp this fast will flash it as soon as my device arives.

virajkin

Aug 28, 2012
Goa
OnePlus 7T
Redmi 9 Power
Make sure u read whole OP at least once. Try to boot into fastboot. And flash again the twrp. U need to wipe your data with twrp first. Than boot ur device. Than flash latest stable SuperSu zip.

Thanks @Santhosh M for bringing twrp this fast will flash it as soon as my device arives.

Booted in TWRP and tried to wipe data, it gives error "failed to mount /data Invalid argument", unable to mount storage

deepakdtg

Mar 20, 2011
Hyderabad

even i got the same error message. guess i'll have to wait for stock firmware to be available now to flash and go back to stock and try again

rayzen6

Feb 5, 2016

Booted in TWRP and tried to wipe data, it gives error "failed to mount /data Invalid argument", unable to mount storage

even i got the same error message. guess i'll have to wait for stock firmware to be available now to flash and go back to stock and try again

Any advice? @Santhosh M

is it like we have to give password and not cancel it? and than wipe data and reboot?

Last edited:

rayzen6

Feb 5, 2016
Without success to download, would have another link to download.

I can't able to upload here without dev's permission.

---------- Post added at 08:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:02 PM ----------

@Santhosh M
Are you going to develop for G5 Plus? I enjoyed your roms for kenzo but you left the development.

Any plans for G5/G5 Plus?

+1
Never had kenzo but I was looking at development from beginning on that device. He was the first who brings custom rom to kenzo.
Squid will support and now santhosh has already started and gave twrp very fast. Future looks very bright to me. :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    TWRP 3.1.1-0 Moto G5 plus (potter)

Latest TWRP changelog :

3.1.1-0 full changelog

Working/Bugs :

I have just basically tested and all seems to be working (including decryption of /data). If something is broken lemme know.

Please do read the installation guide note !

IMPORTANT NOTE :
    • At first boot twrp will ask for "Swipe to allow modifications for /system" and if you choose to allow it system partition will get modified. So if you choose to reboot back to OS without performing anything in twrp, the OS won't boot (as verity check is enabled in stock OS/kernel) . To avoid this you have to flash either SuperSU or flash any of the verity disabler zips there in xda

• Force encryption is enabled by default in stock OS and twrp will successfully decrypt /data at first boot if all goes well

If in case decryption doesn't go fine, twrp will popup a dialog box asking for password and that means decryption went wrong and you would need to wipe data once via twrp wipe options and reboot back to twrp for functioning of /data

Installation Guide :

• Make sure you have unlocked bootloader
    • Reboot to bootloader
    • fastboot flash recovery twrp-****.img (if you want permanent flash) or fastboot boot twrp-****.img (if you want temporary
      boot)

Download Link :

twrp_3.1.1-0_potter

Have used prebuilt kernel of existing sdcard fixed twrp released by vache and hence there is no kernel source to provide

[Unofficial] TWRP 3.1.1-0 Moto G5 Plus, ROM for the Moto G5 Plus

Contributors
    Santhosh M, vache
    Source Code: http://using prebuilt stock kernel and hence no kernel source available

Version Information

Created 2017-03-21
    Last Updated 2017-06-22
    3.1.1-0 release (22/06/2017)

Hi all,

Have released new updated version of TWRP

Changelog :

• Updated to latest twrp code (3.1.1-0)
    • Fixed encrypt/decrypt issue (Now you don't have to wipe /data at the first boot of twrp). TWRP will successfully decrypt your /data the first time you boot into twrp.

Download link is available in the OP.

Regards
    Santhosh
    New TWRP from me

-Updates from source
    -OEM partition backup (to shut up @manos78)
    -It says 3.1.1-0 when booting, will fix next version if I don't forget
    Time for a new twrp image:
    -Updated to latest twrp commits
    -Version numer is 3.1.1-3 now
    -You can now backup the modem/firmware partition (Use with extreme caution, it can break your wifi, mobile data, gps, bluetooth etc.)
    External SD test

Here's a version i made : http://cloud.vache-android.com/Moto/potter/TWRP/twrp-3.1.0-0-n3-potter.img

Changelog:
    • Kernel build from sources
    • Fix for systemless root (thx to @arter97)
    • External SD support (let me know for this)

@Santhosh M: i think it's not needed another TWRP thread, but if you want it can be done and let this one clean.