[Unofficial] TWRP 3.1.1-0 Moto G5 Plus [potter]

Search This thread

Venkatesh18

Jan 10, 2019
the problem is that I can't reach the TWRP main menu....after choosing recovery mode (from bootloader), the TWRP's logo appears for a few seconds and then the phone restarts in normal mode

----------------

EDIT: at the end I solved by completely wiping the device via fastboot commands ("fastboot erase system -w" and "fastboot erase boot") and by flashing stock Oreo
Hi,

can you able to provide me the details to go back to stock oreo? TIA :)

Wolfcity

Recognized Contributor
Apr 26, 2013
Moto G 2014
Moto G5 Plus
Hi guys,
After installing custom ron build with latest twrp, when i tried to reboot to system from twrp goes into twrp again..
only way to get into the system is to reboot to bootloader then boot to system,
after boot into system, when I reboot the device it goes again into twrp instead booting into system.
Please let me know if any resolutions, looking forward to it :)
or If you guys able to provide me the steps to go back to stock rom, that would be helpful too.

Back to stock:

About of your issue with twrp:
Maybe reflash twrp, reboot to twrp and than to system.

Gene August

Mar 8, 2014
Nexus 7 (2013)
Moto G5 Plus
Is this link the newest new .IMG? Thanks @GtrCraft donation soon bro you on fire
twrp-3.6.0_9-0-potter is avaible now. After flashing the .img file and opening TWRP Recovery, I learned with some help from the How to Geeks that I needed to boot back into the system and re-enter the lockscreen password or pattern; no change required. This enabled TWRP to backup to microSD card, save settings, etc.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    TWRP 3.1.1-0 Moto G5 plus (potter)

Latest TWRP changelog :

3.1.1-0 full changelog

Working/Bugs :

I have just basically tested and all seems to be working (including decryption of /data). If something is broken lemme know.

Please do read the installation guide note !

IMPORTANT NOTE :
    • At first boot twrp will ask for "Swipe to allow modifications for /system" and if you choose to allow it system partition will get modified. So if you choose to reboot back to OS without performing anything in twrp, the OS won't boot (as verity check is enabled in stock OS/kernel) . To avoid this you have to flash either SuperSU or flash any of the verity disabler zips there in xda

• Force encryption is enabled by default in stock OS and twrp will successfully decrypt /data at first boot if all goes well

If in case decryption doesn't go fine, twrp will popup a dialog box asking for password and that means decryption went wrong and you would need to wipe data once via twrp wipe options and reboot back to twrp for functioning of /data

Installation Guide :

• Make sure you have unlocked bootloader
    • Reboot to bootloader
    • fastboot flash recovery twrp-****.img (if you want permanent flash) or fastboot boot twrp-****.img (if you want temporary
      boot)

Download Link :

twrp_3.1.1-0_potter

Have used prebuilt kernel of existing sdcard fixed twrp released by vache and hence there is no kernel source to provide

XDA:DevDB Information
    [Unofficial] TWRP 3.1.1-0 Moto G5 Plus, ROM for the Moto G5 Plus

Contributors
    Santhosh M, vache
    Source Code: http://using prebuilt stock kernel and hence no kernel source available

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat

Version Information
    Stable Release Date: 2017-03-21

Created 2017-03-21
    Last Updated 2017-06-22
    3.1.1-0 release (22/06/2017)

Hi all,

Have released new updated version of TWRP

Changelog :

• Updated to latest twrp code (3.1.1-0)
    • Fixed encrypt/decrypt issue (Now you don't have to wipe /data at the first boot of twrp). TWRP will successfully decrypt your /data the first time you boot into twrp.

Download link is available in the OP.

Regards
    Santhosh
    New TWRP from me

-Updates from source
    -OEM partition backup (to shut up @manos78)
    -It says 3.1.1-0 when booting, will fix next version if I don't forget
    Time for a new twrp image:
    -Updated to latest twrp commits
    -Version numer is 3.1.1-3 now
    -You can now backup the modem/firmware partition (Use with extreme caution, it can break your wifi, mobile data, gps, bluetooth etc.)
    External SD test

Here's a version i made : http://cloud.vache-android.com/Moto/potter/TWRP/twrp-3.1.0-0-n3-potter.img

Changelog:
    • Kernel build from sources
    • Fix for systemless root (thx to @arter97)
    • External SD support (let me know for this)

@Santhosh M: i think it's not needed another TWRP thread, but if you want it can be done and let this one clean.