[Unofficial] TWRP 3.1.1-0 Moto G5S Plus [sanders]

Search This thread

GeneticEnginer

Oct 13, 2016
TWRP 3.1.1-0 Moto G5S plus (sanders)

Latest TWRP changelog :

3.1.1-0 full changelog

Bugs :

Didn't found any for now, if you find something, you can report to me.

IMPORTANT NOTE :

• At first boot twrp will ask for "Swipe to allow modifications for /system" and if you choose to allow it system partition will get modified. So if you choose to reboot back to OS without performing anything in twrp, the OS won't boot (as verity check is enabled in stock OS/kernel) . To avoid this you have to flash either SuperSU or flash any of the verity disabler zips there in xda

• Force encryption is enabled by default in stock OS and twrp will successfully decrypt /data at first boot if all goes well

• If in case decryption doesn't go fine, twrp will popup a dialog box asking for password and that means decryption went wrong and you would need to wipe data once via twrp wipe options and reboot back to twrp for functioning of /data

Installation Guide :

• Reboot to bootloader
  • fastboot flash recovery twrp-****.img (if you want permanent flash) or fastboot boot twrp-****.img (if you want temporary
  • boot)

Download Link :

twrp-3.1.1-sanders

Ps :

I'm waiting for official kernel sources release for this device (sanders), before compiling custom roms, kernels etc... (I've tried with moto G5 plus sources but camera/flash didnt worked :/ )

Hope you like it!

XDA:DevDB Information
[Unofficial] TWRP 3.1.1-0 Moto G5S Plus, ROM for the Moto G5S Plus

Contributors
GeneticEnginer, Santhosh M, vache
Source Code: http://Stock kernel image/dtb

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat

Version Information

Created 2017-09-08
Last Updated 2017-09-07

Premkrishna

Jun 15, 2017
Chennai
Great...i would be sooooo grateful if someone could just upload the tutorial. Because i was using pixel and it has so many steps included to root.

Thanks in advance.

---------- Post added at 11:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 AM ----------

Great...i would be sooooo grateful if someone could just upload the tutorial. Because i was using pixel and it has so many steps included to root.

Thanks in advance.

Never mind...found it above. Ignore this dumb guy for now. :rolleyes:

shu006

Jul 27, 2013
Kanpur
I flashed SuperSU for root.. but SuperSU is not working fine.. it shows "Root undetected" after sometime. I want to use Magisk now. But it shows error "boot image already patched by other program". Tell me any solution. ☹️

Premkrishna

Jun 15, 2017
Chennai
Was anyone able to root the phone successfully according to the tutorial? I am gonna try this, however would like to know if anyone was able to get it right?

Just so that my confident level increases.!

shu006

Jul 27, 2013
Kanpur
Yes but after flashing SuperSU

?

---------- Post added at 04:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:58 PM ----------

Was anyone able to root the phone successfully according to the tutorial? I am gonna try this, however would like to know if anyone was able to get it right?

Just so that my confident level increases.!

Yes rooted.. Use magisk.. Everything is perfect

Premkrishna

Jun 15, 2017
Chennai
Out of curiosity...

Which is better, MAGISK OR SUPERSU.?

Is one thing superior or inferior to the other in any way..? I have been with Supersu all these years, will magisk be complicated for me to flash? :rolleyes:

Premkrishna

Jun 15, 2017
Chennai
Hurrayyyy rooted!!!

I rooted my device at the first try.! Actually, i flashed SU 2.82, but did not work properly. Then i flashed 2.79 and everything is working pretty fine.

Now i can change fonts.....icons.....themes....layers....etc etc.

Thank you so much developers...:D:D:D

---------- Post added at 11:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 AM ----------

I rooted my device at the first try.! Actually, i flashed SU 2.82, but did not work properly. Then i flashed 2.79 and everything is working pretty fine.

Now i can change fonts.....icons.....themes....layers....etc etc.

Thank you so much developers...:D:D:D

Guys, i installed SU 2.79 and it was working fine for like 5 minutes and then it started telling me that the phone is not rooted or Root un-deducted.

Need help!

---------- Post added at 11:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 AM ----------

Can anyone give me the stock boot image for G5S Plus? I am trying to install Magisk and it is telling me that someother custom app had patched my boot image. So, i have to get back to stock boot image and do the magisk flash.
I initially installed SU and that might have caused this error. HELPPPPP!!!!

---------- Post added at 01:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:48 PM ----------

After unrooting its better to restore stock boot img before flashing magisk

Where can I find a stock boot image, cuz I am on the same boat as him too...

Premkrishna

Jun 15, 2017
Chennai
BRICKED!!!
Probably the first person to successfully brick the MOTO G5S.
I bet you guys wanna know how i did that. I messed up my phone after rooting with SU 2.79. I installed substratum and other customization apps which apparently did not support the stock ROM.
So, i decided to wipe the data and ended up wiping the ROM itself. I am able to get into TWRP.

My only way out is to wait untill @GeneticEnginer , comes up with a ROM to flash. Untill time to say goodbyeee! Seriously guys, i am sad.

---------- Post added at 03:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:59 PM ----------

BRICKED!!!
I bet you guys wanna know how i did that. I messed up my phone after rooting with SU 2.79. I installed substratum and other customization apps which apparently did not support the stock ROM.
So, i decided to wipe the data and ended up wiping the ROM itself. I am able to get into TWRP.

My only way out is to wait untill @GeneticEnginer , comes up with a ROM to flash. Untill time to say goodbyeee! Seriously guys, i am sad.

chirayu19091997

Jan 9, 2016
Mumbai
BRICKED!!!

---------- Post added at 03:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:59 PM ----------

BRICKED!!!

No worries just take twrp backup of anyone who has properly booting device and just restore that backup it will help bring your device back to life or wait till stock rom or developers to build a rom

---------- Post added at 06:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:15 PM ----------

Actually i am learning development i learnt how to sync source codes and build a rom but sadly dont have enough internet speed to download that rom source code else i would have built a rom for our device. I will wait till i get enough money to get high speed internet then i will build something for sure

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    TWRP 3.1.1-0 Moto G5S plus (sanders)

Latest TWRP changelog :

3.1.1-0 full changelog

Bugs :

Didn't found any for now, if you find something, you can report to me.

IMPORTANT NOTE :

• At first boot twrp will ask for "Swipe to allow modifications for /system" and if you choose to allow it system partition will get modified. So if you choose to reboot back to OS without performing anything in twrp, the OS won't boot (as verity check is enabled in stock OS/kernel) . To avoid this you have to flash either SuperSU or flash any of the verity disabler zips there in xda

• Force encryption is enabled by default in stock OS and twrp will successfully decrypt /data at first boot if all goes well

• If in case decryption doesn't go fine, twrp will popup a dialog box asking for password and that means decryption went wrong and you would need to wipe data once via twrp wipe options and reboot back to twrp for functioning of /data

Installation Guide :

• Reboot to bootloader
    • fastboot flash recovery twrp-****.img (if you want permanent flash) or fastboot boot twrp-****.img (if you want temporary
    • boot)

Download Link :

twrp-3.1.1-sanders

Ps :

I'm waiting for official kernel sources release for this device (sanders), before compiling custom roms, kernels etc... (I've tried with moto G5 plus sources but camera/flash didnt worked :/ )

Hope you like it!

XDA:DevDB Information
    [Unofficial] TWRP 3.1.1-0 Moto G5S Plus, ROM for the Moto G5S Plus

Contributors
    GeneticEnginer, Santhosh M, vache
    Source Code: http://Stock kernel image/dtb

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat

Version Information

Created 2017-09-08
    Last Updated 2017-09-07
    Extreme Plus Kernel test build, its working good, also you can use magisk v14, modules are working

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=745425885120765462

Tell me if you liked it

Edit: Compiled with linaromod 4.9 toolchain, bfq iosched v8.10 and set by default, O2 optimization, linux kernel updated to v3.18.71. Ive seen an increased overall performance, if you have any suggestions for what would you like to see on kernel, you can tell me
    Hi here are the steps.

We need to use fastboot method since this is not a twrp back.

Download Moto G5s Plus Stock Firmware
    Install Motorola Driver and ADB Fastboot Driver on your PC.
    Now extract stock firmware in ADB Fastboot folder.
    Now, turn off your device and boot into bootloader by pressing volume down button +power button simultaneously.
    Now, connect your device to your PC via a USB Cable.
    Open a command prompt window and type the following commands:
    fastboot oem fb_mode_set
    fastboot flash partition gpt.bin
    fastboot flash bootloader bootloader.img
    fastboot flash logo logo.bin
    fastboot flash boot boot.img
    fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
    fastboot flash dsp adspso.bin
    fastboot flash oem oem.img
    fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.0
    fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.1
    fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.2
    fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.3
    fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.4
    fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.5
    fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.6
    fastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk.7
    fastboot flash modem NON-HLOS.bin
    fastboot erase modemst1
    fastboot erase modemst2
    fastboot flash fsg fsg.mbn
    fastboot erase cache
    fastboot erase userdata
    fastboot erase customize
    fastboot erase clogo
    fastboot oem fb_mode_clear
    fastboot reboot

So the phone should be booting now.
    is it ported from g5+ or compiled?
    Ported, ive just switched kernel image and dtb
    Can anyone provide twrp backup of boot partition? I really need that ?
    Here, just flash img on boot partition

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=817550096634798326