Unofficial TWRP 3.4.2b Recovery for Redmi 9 (lancelot/Indian Prime) - Miui 11.

Search This thread

Meggyi

Dec 10, 2013
Hungary, Szekszard
Source: https://unofficialtwrp.com/xiaomi-redmi-9-root-twrp-3-4-1/ The author wrote this: all issues fixed!
Thanks to the developer for the energy and time. Developer: wzsx150.

This is a working unofficial TWRP recovery for Redmi 9 for Miui 11. Tested on android 10, Miui Global 11.0.6 rom.
Miui 12 is work? I do not know. Everyone doesn't know. It probably won't work.

Original file: https://www.mediafire.com/file/auj2wh2lh8lzp47/3.4.2+Redmi+9+CN+EN.rar/file I modified this a bit.

What is required for installation:

Twrp img (blue) (recovery.img): Download
vbmeta_redmi9.img Download

1: Unlock bootloader
2: installed adb & fastboot drivers Download
3: Optional: Mtk usb driver Download
3a: Let the phone battery be charged to more than 50% !!!

(4: Everyone is at their own risk)
(5: Backup all data, recommended. Save idea 1, Save idea 2

6: Turn off the phone
7: Then press the volume down button + power on button to enter fastboot succes fastboot screen
8: Now connect your phone to your computer (windows emits a connection sound)
9: Open one a cmd/command line, where you downloaded the files cmd
10: Issue the two commands one after the other

fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
fastboot flash vbmeta vbmeta_redmi9.img

11: You ready. Restart the phone in recovery mode

fastboot reboot recovery

12: If you did everything right, this picture will welcome you
12.a: If recovery asks you for a security pattern, enter what you use on your phone.

18_04_14,96upper.png

17_34_29,96upper.png

12: If you messed up something, don't worry. Someone here will help. (It can usually be restored with Adb or fastboot, which is broken)

13: A few pictures of the program

17_35_25,17upper.png
17_35_44,68upper.png
17_36_06,28upper.png
17_38_24,06upper.png
17_38_46,37upper.png

14: Four colors are available: blue, red, brown, purple.

18_27_42,84upper.png
19_12_27,09upper.png
19_35_19,33upper.png

Blue TWRP Recovery: Download
Red TWRP Recovery: Download
Braun TWRP Recovery: Download
Purple TWRP Recovery: Download

For now, only Chinese and English language are available! The other languages are being prepared. Soon. As there will be time for it.

It doesn't hurt to have these:

Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008 Driver 64-bit [Windows] Qualcomm driver
MediaTek MT65xx Preloader VCOM USB Driver [32-bit & 64-bit] Mediatek Vcom driver
[OFFICIAL][TOOL][WINDOWS] ADB, Fastboot and Drivers - 15 seconds ADB Installer v1.4.3 Adb & fastboot drivers
MTK usb driver Download
SDK Platform tools Download
Google usb driver Download

Thanks for watching. If you liked my job, you can invite me for a beer.
Paypal: meggyinator@gmail.com
Crypto: 3FJuZGaw98oefj45AiypytaJzyATuRn7dE

Meggyi

Dec 10, 2013
Hungary, Szekszard
short question,what have you modified and how did you testet which things,we have no custom rom,what about backup and restore,did you testet,what about flashing zips in general and are all partitions rw?Thanx!!!!
Hello. Well ... there weren't many tests available yet.

What I modified:

1: Skins / colors
2: Spelling mistakes
3: Syntax errors 2-3 pieces

What I was able to test in recovery:

1: Install zip / img: works
2: Backup and restore partition / data: works
3: Mount partitions: works
4: Wipe / advanced wipe: works
5: Reboot "all: works
6: Terminal: works
7: ADB Sideload: works
8: File manager: works
9: Settings "all works, except multilanguage.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Other. For everyone. It also became a fifth skin. Orange / black. Download

9_54_58,72upper.png

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​
It's different again. For everyone. I noticed a mistake yet. I haven’t used recovery in a long time, so I didn’t notice the error. After a while, twrp recovery disappears. And the original recovery will be again. I don't understand why .... If you twrp recovery in flash fastboot mode again, you have twrp again. For a while.

-CALIBAN666-

What I modified:

View attachment 5164259

It's different again. For everyone. I noticed a mistake yet. I haven’t used recovery in a long time, so I didn’t notice the error. After a while, twrp recovery disappears. And the original recovery will be again. I don't understand why .... If you twrp recovery in flash fastboot mode again, you have twrp again. For a while.
Ok,big thanx for info.Cheers!!!

Shas45558

Dec 9, 2018
Good job....I flash custom kernal...and it successful...but can this twrp able to go fastbootd as you mentioned and flash gsi like stock recovery?

Reactions: -CALIBAN666-

zhihuiyuze

Aug 16, 2020
huize.asia
Thank you very much, but my Redmi 9 China version cannot boot after flashing into twrp.

On Redmi 9 China version, I sorted out this version to be available.It seems that it can only be used for MIUI11

Google Drive Education Edition cannot share files (so use Telegram

There is another problem. It seems that if I use your modified version, /cust fails.

Last edited:

iReebu

Jan 6, 2020
Redmi 9
I have the Redmi 9 (lancelot) with MIUI 11 installed. My bootloader is unlocked, I've the adb & fastboot drivers installed. I would really like to install that TWRP. While I'm flashing both files, cmd gives no errors, everything is fine. But at the end, I can not boot into recovery with "fastboot reboot recovery" from the cmd, it gives me an error. If I leave fastboot mode and try to enter TWRP manually by holding the volume and power key, it doesn't work. My device will get stuck inside a bootloop.

I'm able to fix the bootloop with disabling DAA & SLA protection in the MTK mode and flashing back the stock firmware with SP Flashtool. I tried it 3 times, every time the same issue and having to flash back the stock firmware. Do you have any tips to fix that? Or is there another or updated version I could try?

Edit: Nvm, got it working

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Source: https://unofficialtwrp.com/xiaomi-redmi-9-root-twrp-3-4-1/ The author wrote this: all issues fixed!
    Thanks to the developer for the energy and time. Developer: wzsx150.

This is a working unofficial TWRP recovery for Redmi 9 for Miui 11. Tested on android 10, Miui Global 11.0.6 rom.
    Miui 12 is work? I do not know. Everyone doesn't know. It probably won't work.

Original file: https://www.mediafire.com/file/auj2wh2lh8lzp47/3.4.2+Redmi+9+CN+EN.rar/file I modified this a bit.

What is required for installation:

Twrp img (blue) (recovery.img): Download
    vbmeta_redmi9.img Download

1: Unlock bootloader
    2: installed adb & fastboot drivers Download
    3: Optional: Mtk usb driver Download
    3a: Let the phone battery be charged to more than 50% !!!

(4: Everyone is at their own risk)
    (5: Backup all data, recommended. Save idea 1, Save idea 2

6: Turn off the phone
    7: Then press the volume down button + power on button to enter fastboot succes fastboot screen
    8: Now connect your phone to your computer (windows emits a connection sound)
    9: Open one a cmd/command line, where you downloaded the files cmd
    10: Issue the two commands one after the other

fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
    fastboot flash vbmeta vbmeta_redmi9.img

11: You ready. Restart the phone in recovery mode

fastboot reboot recovery

12: If you did everything right, this picture will welcome you
    12.a: If recovery asks you for a security pattern, enter what you use on your phone.

18_04_14,96upper.png

17_34_29,96upper.png

12: If you messed up something, don't worry. Someone here will help. (It can usually be restored with Adb or fastboot, which is broken)

13: A few pictures of the program

17_35_25,17upper.png
    17_35_44,68upper.png
    17_36_06,28upper.png
    17_38_24,06upper.png
    17_38_46,37upper.png

14: Four colors are available: blue, red, brown, purple.

18_27_42,84upper.png
    19_12_27,09upper.png
    19_35_19,33upper.png

Blue TWRP Recovery: Download
    Red TWRP Recovery: Download
    Braun TWRP Recovery: Download
    Purple TWRP Recovery: Download

For now, only Chinese and English language are available! The other languages are being prepared. Soon. As there will be time for it.

It doesn't hurt to have these:

Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008 Driver 64-bit [Windows] Qualcomm driver
    MediaTek MT65xx Preloader VCOM USB Driver [32-bit & 64-bit] Mediatek Vcom driver
    [OFFICIAL][TOOL][WINDOWS] ADB, Fastboot and Drivers - 15 seconds ADB Installer v1.4.3 Adb & fastboot drivers
    MTK usb driver Download
    SDK Platform tools Download
    Google usb driver Download

Thanks for watching. If you liked my job, you can invite me for a beer.
    Paypal: meggyinator@gmail.com
    Crypto: 3FJuZGaw98oefj45AiypytaJzyATuRn7dE
    short question,what have you modified and how did you testet which things,we have no custom rom,what about backup and restore,did you testet,what about flashing zips in general and are all partitions rw?Thanx!!!!

What I modified:

9_54_58,72upper.png

Good job....I flash custom kernal...and it successful...but can this twrp able to go fastbootd as you mentioned and flash gsi like stock recovery?
    I am having similar issues. Flashed Recovery. Everything seems to went fine. But when I go to recovery, I still get to MIUI stock Recovery. Strange.

Anyone has a solution for MIUI 12 yet? How to install TWRP?