• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Unofficial twrp for Elephone u pro v3.2.1.0

Search This thread

Maherabed1986

Nov 21, 2016
Jeddah
https%3A%2F%2Fpicgur.org%2Fimages%2F2017%2F08%2F19%2F8WqRK.jpg

WHAT IS TWRP?
Team Win Recovery Project is a custom recovery for Android devices.
It allows you to back up and restore your data, flash custom ROMs to your device, repair broken file systems, and root your device.

Notice1:
U Pro has A/B partitions. to prevent issues its good to flash it in both slot, because i/we can not know on which partition you are

Notice 2:
This version only working on Eragon roms
Maybe soon I'll manage it to work on stock rom

Notice 3: Sdcard now working

DOWNLOAD
TWRP for 20180227 Base via Qfil Flashtools:
Go here : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JZ59mO07Zc1a9kdA6j7LJvrgc9g2kf5d/view?usp=sharing

TWRP for 20180511 Base and newer:
Go here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RrWuncXsH8GtCTbaEgGpDffRUDK9fMVv/view?usp=sharing

INSTALLATION

if you use the old 20180227 Base you have to use Qfil Flashtools , because fastboot commands dont work in that Build.
we have a good guide of how to use FLashtools already
look here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/android/development/guide-elephone-pro-user-manual-t3775895

if you are on 20180511 Base and newer you can use fastboot commands
required : ADB and fastboot

enable usb debugging in developer settings.

do this:

Code:
adb shell
Code:
reboot bootloader
now we flash it in slot a
Code:
fastboot flash boot_a twrp.img
after that we flash it also in slot b
Code:
fastboot flash boot_b twrp.img
Special thanks to
teamwin for this awesome custom recovery
And @skeleton1911 for his help

Last edited:

mzsquared

Feb 22, 2018
CT
I loaded up all my usual apps and settings and was going to do twrp backup and strange thing happened: the recovery doesn't see my external SD. I can see sd card's files from the phone but it's invisible in twrp. Funny, because someone couldn't flash ROM from sd yesterday and I did, I still have the ROM files there on SD. I tried to pick the sd storage for the backup and that's how I found out it's missing. The trwp was flashed per instruction: fastboot, 'a' & 'b' then I did a total wipe in twrp and flashed the ROM twice - that was it. Probably some conflict between a an b again? It can wait, am not in the hurry, this Rom otherwise looks really good, it boots faster then the stock, nice.

Maherabed1986

Nov 21, 2016
Jeddah
I loaded up all my usual apps and settings and was going to do twrp backup and strange thing happened: the recovery doesn't see my external SD. I can see sd card's files from the phone but it's invisible in twrp. Funny, because someone couldn't flash ROM from sd yesterday and I did, I still have the ROM files there on SD. I tried to pick the sd storage for the backup and that's how I found out it's missing. The trwp was flashed per instruction: fastboot, 'a' & 'b' then I did a total wipe in twrp and flashed the ROM twice - that was it. Probably some conflict between a an b again? It can wait, am not in the hurry, this Rom otherwise looks really good, it boots faster then the stock, nice.
It's fixed now i uploaded the new twrp now everything working very well

mzsquared

Feb 22, 2018
CT
It's fixed now i uploaded the new twrp now everything working very well

sorry for bringing bad news, I flashed that new ver. it shows SDcard(it wasn't there before) and that's it, it won't go 'up level', also in File Manager or Backup storage choices it shows externalSD with 0MB space.

Hey Guys, we have two parallel Upro Universes here, two seperate threads on "Unofficial twrp for Elephone u pro v3.2.1.0", would that be _a and _b? :)

Last edited:

Maherabed1986

Nov 21, 2016
Jeddah
sorry for bringing bad news, I flashed that new ver. it shows SDcard(it wasn't there before) and that's it, it won't go 'up level', also in File Manager or Backup storage choices it shows externalSD with 0MB space.

Hey Guys, we have two parallel Upro Universes here, two seperate threads on "Unofficial twrp for Elephone u pro v3.2.1.0", would that be _a and _b? :)
Can you join us on Telegram group plz
https://t.me/joinchat/GxIBOhKXi5I6bsNWOm6LFg

mzsquared

Feb 22, 2018
CT

reinstalled, reflashed, flashed and reinstalled and still no show for extSD in TWRP. But am all set for now, placed Eragon v.5 and Magisk Mgr on microSD/USB C OTG dongle and installed the ROM(zip) + Magisk(zip) from there via TWRP. Everything's good 'xept that 0 extSD. I was also able to do TWRP nandroid sys backup which went on that OTG dongle, some 3.8GB, that'll save me some time in the future I'd think :laugh: So, with the Springtime weather outside am gonna leave my computer stuff now and go out to ejnoy some of that Spring! See you later!

Reactions: jimibxl

Enrique602012

Mar 13, 2012
Neiva
Hi Skeleton my problem is:
target reported max download size of 536870912 bytes
sending 'boot_b' (55180 KB)...
OKAY [ 1.564s]
writing 'boot_b'...
FAILED (remote: unknown command)
finished. total time: 1.567s
and
PS C:\adb> fastboot flash boot_b twrp.img
OKAY [ 1.564s]
writing 'boot_b'...

Can you help me??

Thanks

Maherabed1986

Nov 21, 2016
Jeddah
OKAY [ 1.564s]
writing 'boot_b'...
and
OKAY [ 1.564s]
writing 'boot_b'...

Can you help me??

Thanks
You are on build 20180227 so the flash commands not available you must use Qfil flashing tools to flash twrp

Reactions: Enrique602012

Maherabed1986

Nov 21, 2016
Jeddah
reinstalled, reflashed, flashed and reinstalled and still no show for extSD in TWRP. But am all set for now, placed Eragon v.5 and Magisk Mgr on microSD/USB C OTG dongle and installed the ROM(zip) + Magisk(zip) from there via TWRP. Everything's good 'xept that 0 extSD. I was also able to do TWRP nandroid sys backup which went on that OTG dongle, some 3.8GB, that'll save me some time in the future I'd think :laugh: So, with the Springtime weather outside am gonna leave my computer stuff now and go out to ejnoy some of that Spring! See you later!
On last build of twrp everything is working perfectly

Enrique602012

Mar 13, 2012
Neiva
The problem is when I try to install TWRP now run V6:

OKAY [ 1.564s]
writing 'boot_b'...
and
OKAY [ 1.564s]
writing 'boot_b'...
finished. total time: 1.567

Thanks again

Enrique602012

Mar 13, 2012
Neiva
Hi Skeleton now I try to install TWRP and first no problem with boot_a and boot_b.
I run V6.
When restart the phone initial appear ! yellow........next appear TWRP and nothing hapen. Each time restart phone appear the same thing. Many times.
I try to install TWRP with QPST and nothing happend
I reinstall V5 by zip file and reinstall V6 by QPST and all ok.
What can I do to install TWRP without problem.

Thanks so much

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    https%3A%2F%2Fpicgur.org%2Fimages%2F2017%2F08%2F19%2F8WqRK.jpg

WHAT IS TWRP?
    Team Win Recovery Project is a custom recovery for Android devices.
    It allows you to back up and restore your data, flash custom ROMs to your device, repair broken file systems, and root your device.

Notice1:
    U Pro has A/B partitions. to prevent issues its good to flash it in both slot, because i/we can not know on which partition you are

Notice 2:
    This version only working on Eragon roms
    Maybe soon I'll manage it to work on stock rom

Notice 3: Sdcard now working

DOWNLOAD
    TWRP for 20180227 Base via Qfil Flashtools:
    Go here : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JZ59mO07Zc1a9kdA6j7LJvrgc9g2kf5d/view?usp=sharing

TWRP for 20180511 Base and newer:
    Go here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RrWuncXsH8GtCTbaEgGpDffRUDK9fMVv/view?usp=sharing

INSTALLATION

if you use the old 20180227 Base you have to use Qfil Flashtools , because fastboot commands dont work in that Build.
    we have a good guide of how to use FLashtools already
    look here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/android/development/guide-elephone-pro-user-manual-t3775895

if you are on 20180511 Base and newer you can use fastboot commands
    required : ADB and fastboot

enable usb debugging in developer settings.

do this:

Code:
    adb shell
    Code:
    reboot bootloader
    now we flash it in slot a
    Code:
    fastboot flash boot_a twrp.img
    after that we flash it also in slot b
    Code:
    fastboot flash boot_b twrp.img
    Special thanks to
    teamwin for this awesome custom recovery
    And @skeleton1911 for his help

OKAY [ 1.564s]
    writing 'boot_b'...
    and
    OKAY [ 1.564s]
    writing 'boot_b'...

Can you help me??

Thanks
    You are on build 20180227 so the flash commands not available you must use Qfil flashing tools to flash twrp
    Thanks but I run now Eragon V6. Each time start the Rom appear yellow !.
    It's because the unlocked bootloader it's normal