[Unofficial] TWRP for Xperia 10 II [10.0]

Search This thread

amikot

Aug 13, 2022
Hi,
I'm trying to get TWRP onto my Xperia 10 ii to get it rooted, but It simply doesn't work.
Followed all steps as described by Sjillls, but still when I try to get into TWRP I'm just seeing loop of TWRP splash screen (2s) and black screen (3-4s).
If someone know the solution, please give me a hint :)

Thanks

dogenumberpi

May 18, 2019
Hi,
I'm trying to get TWRP onto my Xperia 10 ii to get it rooted, but It simply doesn't work.
Followed all steps as described by Sjillls, but still when I try to get into TWRP I'm just seeing loop of TWRP splash screen (2s) and black screen (3-4s).
If someone know the solution, please give me a hint :)

Thanks
Are you on Android 12? If so, downgrade to 11... the public TWRP builds don't work for it at all. I'm probably going to work on this since I can't use substratum without Magisk and consequently a custom recovery.

Edit: I got it booting enough to install Magisk. I'll upload the img once decryption is working.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    TWRP for Xperia 10 II
    Code:
    /*
    *Disclaimer
    * Your warranty may be void.
    * We're not responsible for bricked devices, dead OTGs or you getting fired because the alarm app failed.
    * Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
    */

Download: Github

Bugs:
    sideload

How to flash:
    Unlock bootloader is necessary!
    1. Download the TWRP image file to your PC.
    2. Put your device into fastboot by volume up key.
    3. Type the following command to flash the recovery:-
    Code:
    fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
    4. Unplug the USB cable, hold power + volume down.

Might be useful:
    If you can't enter twrp, you need to do:
    Code:
    fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img

Decryption failed in twrp:

This might happen if you just unlocked bootloader.
    Solution: Format data, enter twrp again.

Relock bootloader: See this

Contributors: @Sjll

Thanks to
    mauronofrio

Source: Github

Date: 2020-11-14
    Hi guys, i am a newbie here. I have a Sony xperia 10ii and want to root it so that i can install viper4android to improve its music experience. Can someone tell me how to do it step by step coz i havent found a conclusive method yet in the forums? thanks
    Follow this guide to unlock the bootloader. Once the bootloader's unlocked you can follow any guides on this forum to install any of these ROMs or recoveries. If all you want to do is root it, then you'll have to follow a Magisk installation guide and you'll need the firmware for the phone so you can extract the boot.img for Magisk to patch. Use XperiFirm here to download the proper stock firmware for your phone, then follow this Magisk installation guide using the boot.img you extracted from the stock firmware to get it rooted with Magisk.