Recognized Developer
Jun 4, 2017
Chongqing
TWRP for Xperia 10 II
Code:
/*
*Disclaimer
* Your warranty may be void.
* We're not responsible for bricked devices, dead OTGs or you getting fired because the alarm app failed.
* Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
*/

Download: Github

Bugs:
sideload

How to flash:
Unlock bootloader is necessary!
1. Download the TWRP image file to your PC.
2. Put your device into fastboot by volume up key.
3. Type the following command to flash the recovery:-
Code:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
4. Unplug the USB cable, hold power + volume down.

Might be useful:
If you can't enter twrp, you need to do:
Code:
fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img

Decryption failed in twrp:

This might happen if you just unlocked bootloader.
Solution: Format data, enter twrp again.

Relock bootloader: See this

Contributors: @Sjll

Thanks to
mauronofrio

Source: Github

Date: 2020-11-14

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-11-14-01-06-25.png
    Screenshot_2020-11-14-01-06-25.png
    106.7 KB · Views: 511
  • Screenshot_2020-11-14-01-06-33.png
    Screenshot_2020-11-14-01-06-33.png
    86.1 KB · Views: 501
Last edited:

wheal

Apr 20, 2011
Awesome!

Is it possible to flash Magisk and root Stock Sony Firmware now?
How to get vbmeta.img?

Last edited:
I think yes, you'll just need to disable the verity checks:

Bash:
fastboot flash --disable-verity --disable-verification vbmeta vbmeta.img
fastboot flash --disable-verity --disable-verification vbmeta_system vbmeta_system.img

For the needed images: You may extract them from Sonys .sin files or (I think) as you disable the checks anyways, you could use the .img-s from any other rom for that device.

philshifley

May 20, 2021
Sony Xperia 10 II
Hi guys, i am a newbie here. I have a Sony xperia 10ii and want to root it so that i can install viper4android to improve its music experience. Can someone tell me how to do it step by step coz i havent found a conclusive method yet in the forums? thanks

dreDREb13

Dec 30, 2016
Hi guys, i am a newbie here. I have a Sony xperia 10ii and want to root it so that i can install viper4android to improve its music experience. Can someone tell me how to do it step by step coz i havent found a conclusive method yet in the forums? thanks
Follow this guide to unlock the bootloader. Once the bootloader's unlocked you can follow any guides on this forum to install any of these ROMs or recoveries. If all you want to do is root it, then you'll have to follow a Magisk installation guide and you'll need the firmware for the phone so you can extract the boot.img for Magisk to patch. Use XperiFirm here to download the proper stock firmware for your phone, then follow this Magisk installation guide using the boot.img you extracted from the stock firmware to get it rooted with Magisk.

philshifley

May 20, 2021
Sony Xperia 10 II
Thanks for your response. i unlocked the bootloader, installed the magisk apk in my phone and downloaded the firmware using xperifirm. where is the boot.img file that will be rooted with magisk?cant find it in the firmware folder.
Follow this guide to unlock the bootloader. Once the bootloader's unlocked you can follow any guides on this forum to install any of these ROMs or recoveries. If all you want to do is root it, then you'll have to follow a Magisk installation guide and you'll need the firmware for the phone so you can extract the boot.img for Magisk to patch. Use XperiFirm here to download the proper stock firmware for your phone, then follow this Magisk installation guide using the boot.img you extracted from the stock firmware to get it rooted with Magisk.
f

dreDREb13

Dec 30, 2016
Thanks for your response. i unlocked the bootloader, installed the magisk apk in my phone and downloaded the firmware using xperifirm. where is the boot.img file that will be rooted with magisk?cant find it in the firmware folder.
Hmm that's a good question. Looks like you'll need a few more things.

Use the "boot_X-FLASH-ALL.sin" file you'll find in the firmware folder you downloaded. In my case I would use the Customized UK XQ-AU52 one, but depends on what model you have or are using. If you have trouble knowing what model/region your phone is then use the Emma tool from Sony directly and it'll tell you what firmware you use (this is also useful to keep around should you need to do a full factory reset for any reason).

With that boot.sin file, use UnSIN to convert the file into an .img file and rename to boot.img. That should ideally work.

Please keep in mind that I cannot confirm this to be totally correct! I use LineageOS which provides a boot.img file in the zip already, so have never done this method to root my phone with the stock OS. I would advise looking around forums and doing a few more Google searches for your own sake just to be sure. But so far as I am aware this is the proper method! When all else fails, factory reset and try again.

philshifley

May 20, 2021
Sony Xperia 10 II
Yes my phone is a Sony xperia 10ii XQ-AU52.
I converted the boot_X-FLASH-ALL.sin using the unsin software and managed to run the commands as given in the magisk guide page. After successfully doing so, well the phone got stuck in a bootloop, so i had to use Emma to restore it. so am back where i started again.hehe

dreDREb13

Dec 30, 2016
Yes my phone is a Sony xperia 10ii XQ-AU52.
I converted the boot_X-FLASH-ALL.sin using the unsin software and managed to run the commands as given in the magisk guide page. After successfully doing so, well the phone got stuck in a bootloop, so i had to use Emma to restore it. so am back where i started again.hehe
Ah yes, I was worried that may happen... I had my own issues trying to flash bits and pieces of the firmware versus just flashing the whole thing itself.

Unfortunately that's the best advice I know to give. Only other thing I could say is perhaps try flashing the entire firmware package downloaded via Xperifirm to your device using Newflasher, and THEN do the UnSIN and try again with the boot.img since you'll be certain that the boot files align with one another. Could be an issue that the boot.img for that firmware isn't compatible with the firmware you had already installed on your phone?

KuroXIV

Jun 24, 2021
Hello Dear People i got a Question because i dont wanna break my Phone or something like that i have the Sony Xperia 10 II and it seems like this Version is a little bit Older !(meant TWRP)! It has the Newest Update etc etc Android 11 and its Unlocket Complety (Bootloader) Is this working with this Version here still or is there a better Version to use at the moment i tried a lot on my Phone in the couple of days but sadly a lot of work from me got resetet at the end :(( because i needed to so i would be really Thankfull for the Help :) :>D

dergrey

Dec 31, 2021
感谢楼主!!
最近我安装magisk后,使用“"选择并修补一个文件"时,遇到了下述错误——
Output file is written to
/storage/emulated/0/Download/magisk_patched-22100_o51xN.img
cp: can't preserve ownership of 'busybox': Operation not permitted
cp: can't preserve ownership of 'magisk32': Operation not permitted
cp: can't preserve ownership of 'magisk64': Operation not permitted
cp: can't preserve ownership of 'magiskboot': Operation not permitted
cp: can't preserve ownership of 'magiskinit': Operation not permitted
- All done!

感觉是权限不够,因此想通过twrp来安装magisk,看能不能解决上述问题。
many thanks

dergrey

Dec 31, 2021
i have a question: what's the difference between twrp-20201115-SODP.zip and twrp-20201115-stock.zip?

dergrey

Dec 31, 2021
now i have another question, it seems that twrp doesn't work well:
微信图片_20220101121420.jpg

Is twrp outdate?
i tried to install Magisk-v20.4.zip, but failed which showed like below
微信图片_20220101122123.jpg

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    TWRP for Xperia 10 II
    Code:
    /*
    *Disclaimer
    * Your warranty may be void.
    * We're not responsible for bricked devices, dead OTGs or you getting fired because the alarm app failed.
    * Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
    */

Download: Github

Bugs:
    sideload

How to flash:
    Unlock bootloader is necessary!
    1. Download the TWRP image file to your PC.
    2. Put your device into fastboot by volume up key.
    3. Type the following command to flash the recovery:-
    Code:
    fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
    4. Unplug the USB cable, hold power + volume down.

Might be useful:
    If you can't enter twrp, you need to do:
    Code:
    fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img

Decryption failed in twrp:

This might happen if you just unlocked bootloader.
    Solution: Format data, enter twrp again.

Relock bootloader: See this

Contributors: @Sjll

Thanks to
    mauronofrio

Source: Github

Date: 2020-11-14