[UNOFFICIAL][TWRP][Recovery] TWRP 3.3.1-0

Search This thread

civenci

Jul 12, 2020
I tried for an hour to get the button combo right and couldn't figure it out. Im coming from Samsung and varients and Lg is a new world to me. Whats the bu

Was alittle trickie with the factory reset screen but i figured it out, thank you very much
Can you tell how you did it? I managed to install twrp and all but can't get back to recovery with working touchscreen. Combo takes me to factory reset, what should I do after that? Don't want to reset my device again since a want to make backup rom.

#Rooty_Mikes#

Feb 17, 2021
Georgia, USA
LG G8X ThinQ
Can you tell how you did it? I managed to install twrp and all but can't get back to recovery with working touchscreen. Combo takes me to factory reset, what should I do after that? Don't want to reset my device again since a want to make backup rom.
vol down + power and when the screen resets and goes black start pumping the power button repeatedly + vol down till the white screen appears and ask you do you want to do a factory reset, select "Yes" and might prompt you two more times just keep selecting "Yes" . Guess its a backdoor method to TWRP.... works fine for me. Keep in mind if you use a reboot-recovery app or anything that uses reboot recovery via adb script you WILL NOT have touch screen abilities and will have to use a mouse, so i would suggest the button method every time.

Reactions: civenci

civenci

Jul 12, 2020
vol down + power and when the screen resets and goes black start pumping the power button repeatedly + vol down till the white screen appears and ask you do you want to do a factory reset, select "Yes" and might prompt you two more times just keep selecting "Yes" . Guess its a backdoor method to TWRP.... works fine for me. Keep in mind if you use a reboot-recovery app or anything that uses reboot recovery via adb script you WILL NOT have touch screen abilities and will have to use a mouse, so i would suggest the button method every time.
Thank you. 😊

civenci

Jul 12, 2020
I have a really weird question. Does the Restore feature work?

I tested restoring a backup I made but after restoring my device bricked. Then I tried with different backups (Clean Stock/Stock with personal data) and different partition combinations but i get the same result no matter what; it bricks.

What is the cause for this? is it related to the device not being officially supported by TWRP or is it because you must toggle or flash something before/after restoring the backup? Is it related to Disable Dm-Verity?

I'm not asking how to bring back the device, but I wanna be able to do so using TWRP you know? getting back my apps and configs without much trouble.

Any idea? please.

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone