• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Unofficial] ViperOS - Galaxy Note 4 (Snapdragon) [TRLTE][TBLTE][TRLTEDuos]

Search This thread

3v3rdim

Jun 18, 2018
Suva
I just flashed this rom it's great thank you for your hard work
I'm asking is there any way to customize this more for example ....(the phone, contacts, notifications)....is there any way to change these colors ?
Thank you again .

My go to would be either substratum or swift installer...

Hello, first of all, thanks to our developers for these awesome ROMS,I have come from RR,Lineage, and Havoc ROMs (currently on Havoc), all tested and all good. I was wondering if this ROM has been benchmarked with antutu and is it gaming friendly?

Keep checking in.
Working on some kernel updates for the GPU

Reactions: MEMOREX2

3v3rdim

Jun 18, 2018
Suva
Thank U for your hard work.... I'm loving this rom I've been customizing it to me & I truly have a lot to customizing to do
I'm loving it do far can you plz enable quick unlock & header's customization.
Thks

Sorry @srdryl all thanks goes to @mobspyguy
His the dev responsible for this rom (RR Pie)
I'm a tester and fan of this rom like the rest of others as well.... Any new feature requests goes straight to @mobspyguy....
Thanks

Valfore

Sep 8, 2010
Hi all, sorry if this has already been asked, but i'm having an issue where when i swipe up for the app drawer and it also opens recent apps, this is from a fresh install, is there a setting i can change to stop it from opening the recent apps on swipe up? using a N910F

EDIT: nevermind i got it sorted :)

Last edited:
Reactions: tripLr

woodman78

Mar 3, 2015
I flashed the ROM. Great Rom. I flashed AddonSu to get root access for apps. In developer options, I can toggle root for ADB and Apps but when I go into an app requiring Root Access it doesn't work. I have been running Lineage for a long time. What am I doing wrong?

srdryl

Nov 10, 2011
? Thank U again for your work .... I've been running this rom for a few wks .Yes I like R.R. but I'm liking this one more the battery life is terrific way better than R.R. the style is similar to TouchWiz
The only thing I would ask is if you could enable quick unlock & custom headers.....Thks??

MN1352K0

Dec 16, 2011
n910F + latest ViperOS

I have two problems after installing ViperSO. Everything works fine and fast. The device's battery life has extended over the Stock OS. Visually, the system is very nice. The problem is Spen, which doesn't wake the device after pulling it out. I don't know where to set it. The second problem, more serious with SELinux. After starting the operating system, I immediately receive two messages from the Trust application:
1. Android System:
Trust - System security - This build was signed with public keys
2. Android System:
Trust - System security - SELinux is not enforcing, your security has been weakened

I know that the message display can be turned off but the question is how to enable SELinux to work because it is set to Disable and its impossible to Enable it :eek:.

Reactions: Da_Mak

Da_Mak

Feb 7, 2012
Sainte-Clotilde
I have two problems after installing ViperSO. Everything works fine and fast. The device's battery life has extended over the Stock OS. Visually, the system is very nice. The problem is Spen, which doesn't wake the device after pulling it out. I don't know where to set it. The second problem, more serious with SELinux. After starting the operating system, I immediately receive two messages from the Trust application:

1. Android System:

Trust - System security - This build was signed with public keys

2. Android System:

Trust - System security - SELinux is not enforcing, your security has been weakened

I know that the message display can be turned off but the question is how to enable SELinux to work because it is set to Disable and its impossible to Enable it :eek:.
I had the same problem with Lineage before going back to stock. I'm interested in the answer.
Other problem I've got : some appli available in stock version (Waze for example) wasn't with Lineage. Does this ROM have the same comportement?

logosA

Recognized Contributor
Nov 17, 2013
Heraklion Crete
get ready, @ripee have made it
:)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200207-065702_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20200207-065702_Settings.png
    163.4 KB · Views: 252
Reactions: twfs

parahumanoid

Jan 7, 2011
Please advise:
I don't get it. There are two files - 24MB and about a 500MB one in the TRLTEDuos google drive share.
What's the purpose of each?
Thank you for bearing with my silly questions.
-----------------------------
Edit: installed via twrp with a 500+mb file. Still don't know what the smaller one is for.
Used trlteduos on a sm-n9109w version. Apparently, the ROM is unaware of the secondary SIM and the phone app forces the screen dark until the call end: at that point a long power key press knocks it out of that stupor. If someone with this model has more appropriate behavior, please let's compare notes.
Thanks to all, and firstly Team Venom.

Last edited:
Reactions: tripLr
Please advise:
I don't get it. There are two files - 24MB and about a 500MB one in the TRLTEDuos google drive share.
What's the purpose of each?
Thank you for bearing with my silly questions.
-----------------------------
Edit: installed via twrp with a 500+mb file. Still don't know what the smaller one is for.
Used trlteduos on a sm-n9109w version. Apparently, the ROM is unaware of the secondary SIM and the phone app forces the screen dark until the call end: at that point a long power key press knocks it out of that stupor. If someone with this model has more appropriate behavior, please let's compare notes.
Thanks to all, and firstly Team Venom.

Img is kernel.
I have not got viper to compile in a while.

Duos issues are on all the ROMs, but we need logs

Reactions: parahumanoid
Announcement:
I will no longer be trying to building this rom .

Due to Q being up.
Only if bugfixes to Q are backported to Pie, I may run a build. But most likely we will be building new ROMs based on Q from @ripee's work bringing up our beloved note 4.

Stay tuned

The lineage-17.1 thread is up!

[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][10] LineageOS 17.1 [tblte][trlte][trlteduos]

If you don't mind not having a working fingerprint sensor, or audio through the headphone jack, then Q is stable enough for daily use. As always when coming from an older rom version, it is highly recommended not to waste your time dirty flashing and just clean flash.

Q is still a work in progress, so I will still be releasing Pie builds, though maybe not as often. As in years past, once the Q bugs have been fixed up to the current Pie level, I will post about when my last Pie build will be. I will upload it to the Downloads tab located at the top of each page of this thread, and link it in the OP.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    https%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2F6hjdrBL.png

This is ViperOS

Disclaimer:
    We are not responsible for anything that may happen to your phone as a result of installing custom roms and/or kernels. you do so at your own risk and take the responsibility upon yourself.

"This is a user friendly thread. All feature requests will be heard and considered. I am not against anything that doesn't stray too far away from the original idea of the ROM! Helping one another is also encouraged! Please be respectful and you will always be treated the same way, we are all here for a good experience."

About:
    We are a Brazilian team, ViperOS aims to bring stability and useful features. If you are looking for a stable ROM with true tested features, minimal bugs and no Lineage bloatwares, then this is the place to be.

Features:

Statusbar
    QS settings
    Clock statusbar settings
    Battery style
    Carrier label
    Network traffic
    VoLTE icon toggle
    4G/LTE icon toggle
    Rounded corner settings
    QS for Reboot/Recovery
    QS Screenshot full and partial

Recents
    Style recents AOSP and QuickStep
    Button clear and Membar for recents AOSP

Lockscreen
    Face auto unlock
    Fingerprint authentication vibration
    WheaterClient
    Battery info Charging
    Ambient music ticker

System
    Color engine
    theme QS style
    Styles switch
    Styles clock lockscreen
    Buttons and navbar settings
    LED battery Charging
    LED notifications colors
    Power Menu advanced
    Fonts packages
    Pulse Navbar
    VPapers new

Many other customizations, install and take a look

Download:

ROM:
    TBLTE
    TRLTE
    TRLTEDuos

TWRP:
    XDA Thread

GApps:
    OpenGApps

Installation:
    Flash via TWRP

Credits & Thanks:

All ViperOS Team
    LineageOS team
    And all other open source Devs/Teams I may have missed!

Donations are always welcome. Please proceed to ViperOS webpage to donate directly to them. Alternatively, you can support the maintainers of this build along with the majority of the other ROMs for the Note 4 at Paypal.com

Other links

XDA:DevDB Information
    [Unofficial] ViperOS, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 4

Contributors
    Shizzle2889, ripee, tripLr, cvxda
    ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    Based On: ViperOS

Version Information

Created 2019-05-29
    Last Updated 2019-10-23
    So lets take a look to this , New, Beautiful rom that came for our Note 4.
    I used the latest TWRP 3.3.1 to flash rom, Gapps (ARM 9, Pico) and magisk 19.2.
    Booted in recovery
    factory reset
    wipe cashe , dalvik, system, data, formated data, too
    Rebooted recovery
    Flashed rom, Gapps
    wipe cashe and dalvik
    flash Magisk 19.2.
    Wipe cashe and dalvik.
    Rebooted System
    Rom booted in 2 minutes.
    No hick ups, no bootloops.
    Thank you @Shizzle2889, @ripee, @tripLr, @cvxda
    for making also this possible for us
    :good::):good:
    Also rebooting, no problem at all.
    This is a nice, fast rom with lots of customization in it.
    I think it will be a nice add to Note 4 roms family :)
    new builds compiled, will upload shortly

UPDATE, there is boot stuck on animation for trlte on my recent upload.

checking adb logcat tomorrow.
    sorry everyone, will work on it
    Sorry folks. Server is back up but viper not building. Tried twice. Will be back
    Announcement:
    I will no longer be trying to building this rom .

Due to Q being up.
    Only if bugfixes to Q are backported to Pie, I may run a build. But most likely we will be building new ROMs based on Q from @ripee's work bringing up our beloved note 4.

Stay tuned

The lineage-17.1 thread is up!

[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][10] LineageOS 17.1 [tblte][trlte][trlteduos]

If you don't mind not having a working fingerprint sensor, or audio through the headphone jack, then Q is stable enough for daily use. As always when coming from an older rom version, it is highly recommended not to waste your time dirty flashing and just clean flash.

Q is still a work in progress, so I will still be releasing Pie builds, though maybe not as often. As in years past, once the Q bugs have been fixed up to the current Pie level, I will post about when my last Pie build will be. I will upload it to the Downloads tab located at the top of each page of this thread, and link it in the OP.