Development [UNOFFICIAL] Xiaomi Pad 5 nabu OrangeFox/TWRP recovery

Search This thread
!!!!!DISCLAIMER!!!!!! --- below info is provided as is without any warranty, do it on your own risk

!!!!!!WARNING!!!!!!! DO NOT FLASH THIS IMAGE, your tablet do not have recovery partition.

Hi,
I have built a semi-working OrangeFox image that can be booted via fastboot and get adb shell.
The on-screen interface do not work yet, but adb shell gives access to the device to manipulate the storage for example, i was able to resize partitions and add new partitions pushing tools to device.

Best regards,

M

Last edited:

AH-94

Jun 29, 2022
hello dear, please tell me, I put your tablet on OrangFox, but the tablet is not transferred to it, it just returns to Fastboot, I managed to log in once, but I don’t remember how, please tell me why I can’t log into OrangFox?

you cannot install this OrangeFox recovery, on one hand the Pad5 tablet does not have a recovery partition being an A/B device, and on the other hand the provided image is incomplete, you can only boot the image from fastboot mode, keep in mind that you will not be able to see the OrangeFox menu, only adb will work
Code:
fastboot boot xiaomi-nabu-orangefox.img

AH-94

Jun 29, 2022
you cannot install this OrangeFox recovery, on one hand the Pad5 tablet does not have a recovery partition being an A/B device, and on the other hand the provided image is incomplete, you can only boot the image from fastboot mode, keep in mind that you will not be able to see the OrangeFox menu, only adb will work
Code:
fastboot boot xiaomi-nabu-orangefox.img
that's the problem, that after the firmware I have it loaded back into Fastboot instead of OrangFox

I was able to log into it once and that's it, then it didn't work anymore, neither with the buttons nor with the "Fastboot reboot recovery" command
I understand that there is no interface, the problem is that after firmware it does not load into recovery, only in fastboot, that's the problem
I have nabu
it is not very clear what you did and what is the result, please try to describe all steps you did and the result.
If you just try to root your device try this post

AH-94

Jun 29, 2022
не очень понятно что вы делали и каков результат, попробуйте пожалуйста описать все действия которые вы делали и результат.
Если вы просто пытаетесь получить root права на свое устройство, попробуйте этот пост
I flashed your OrangFox, I want to switch to it, it reboots back into Fastboot, once I was able to boot into OrangFox and that's it, I can't root because I need to restore the memory layout, for this I need OrangFox.

I flashed your OrangFox, I want to switch to it, it reboots back into Fastboot, once I was able to boot into OrangFox and that's it, I can't root because I need to restore the memory layout, for this I need OrangFox.
please provide exact commands you did, where you flashed the img?

from your computer while in fastboot on your tablet run the following command
Code:
fastboot getvar current-slot

Then if your device do not boot anymore on actual slot you can try the other slot that has the old OS, switch to the other slot with the following command, replace $SLOTNAME with a or b depending on what the previous command return, if previous command return a you need to use b as $SLOTNAME, otherwise use a
Code:
fastboot set_active $SLOTNAME

then reboot your tablet
Code:
fastboot reboot

AH-94

Jun 29, 2022
пожалуйста, предоставьте точные команды, которые вы сделали, где вы прошивали img?

с вашего компьютера, в то время как в fastboot на вашем планшете выполните следующую команду
Code:
текущий слот fastboot getvar

Затем, если ваше устройство больше не загружается в реальном слоте, вы можете попробовать другой слот со старой ОС, переключиться на другой слот с помощью следующей команды, замените $SLOTNAME на a или b в зависимости от того, что возвращает предыдущая команда, если предыдущая команда возвращает a, вам нужно использовать b как $SLOTNAME, в противном случае используйте a
Code:

затем перезагрузите планшет
[КОД] перезагрузка через быструю загрузку[/КОД]
oh comrade, thanks for helping, I'll try to do as you said, I'll write in the evening what came of it, thanks again

Reactions: serdeliuk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    !!!!!DISCLAIMER!!!!!! --- below info is provided as is without any warranty, do it on your own risk

!!!!!!WARNING!!!!!!! DO NOT FLASH THIS IMAGE, your tablet do not have recovery partition.

Hi,
    I have built a semi-working OrangeFox image that can be booted via fastboot and get adb shell.
    The on-screen interface do not work yet, but adb shell gives access to the device to manipulate the storage for example, i was able to resize partitions and add new partitions pushing tools to device.

Best regards,

M
    That's a good start, please keep us posted on any progress.
    Thank you, i will.
    any update for this project?
    Hi, not yet, i will update the post when i will have anything new.
    пожалуйста, предоставьте точные команды, которые вы сделали, где вы прошивали img?

с вашего компьютера, в то время как в fastboot на вашем планшете выполните следующую команду
    Code:
    текущий слот fastboot getvar

Затем, если ваше устройство больше не загружается в реальном слоте, вы можете попробовать другой слот со старой ОС, переключиться на другой слот с помощью следующей команды, замените $SLOTNAME на a или b в зависимости от того, что возвращает предыдущая команда, если предыдущая команда возвращает a, вам нужно использовать b как $SLOTNAME, в противном случае используйте a
    Code:

затем перезагрузите планшет
    [КОД] перезагрузка через быструю загрузку[/КОД]
    oh comrade, thanks for helping, I'll try to do as you said, I'll write in the evening what came of it, thanks again