[UnORom][3.4Kernel] CM-11 Android 4.4.4 [Stable v2.0][29 July][Final]

Search This thread

sjknight413

Dec 1, 2009
Brighton, England

Mile_zdr

Sep 19, 2013
Bitola
Flashed the rom and tried the camera, don't know if it known or not but pictures with flash are colorless, and not autofocus, here is example from pictures with and without flash in med-low ligh room... :)

Attachments

• IMG_20140324_181052.jpg
    IMG_20140324_181052.jpg
    261.3 KB · Views: 494
  • IMG_20140324_181102.jpg
    IMG_20140324_181102.jpg
    258.2 KB · Views: 486

sjknight413

Dec 1, 2009
Brighton, England
Flashed the rom and tried the camera, don't know if it known or not but pictures with flash are colorless, and not autofocus, here is example from pictures with and without flash in med-low ligh room... :)

hmmm how strange...
this also happens with the team sennyc2 builds, i thought this camera was meant to be better?
does it autofocus correctly without flash? as in the cursor turns green once it finds focus? also is the camera generally faster?

shantur

Dec 6, 2010

Have you tried same stuff on any sense rom?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mile_zdr

Sep 19, 2013
Bitola
hmmm how strange...
this also happens with the team sennyc2 builds, i thought this camera was meant to be better?
does it autofocus correctly without flash? as in the cursor turns green once it finds focus? also is the camera generally faster?

No, It doesn't have autofocus at all ,touch to focus works great , and yeah i think the camera is faster and i think in good light pictures are better , also noticed that pictures with flash from a distance (not to close like the apple picture) are good not colorless :)

Reactions: sjknight413

sjknight413

Dec 1, 2009
Brighton, England
No, It doesn't have autofocus at all ,touch to focus works great , and yeah i think the camera is faster and i think in good light pictures are better , also noticed that pictures with flash from a distance (not to close like the apple picture) are good not colorless :)

Ah, doesn't sound all bad then :) thanks for the info!
i'll report with my results once i've flashed tonight.

Mile_zdr

Sep 19, 2013
Bitola
Have you tried same stuff on any sense rom?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you are talking about close pictures with flash (like the apple) i have and the colors are more alive

Edit: other report that i forget to mention is , that sometimes when trying to focus display flickers for very short time (mili second) in something like yellow-orange color..

Last edited:

lovendsuicide

Jul 19, 2011
Porto
Touch to focus turns green but most of the time pictures are out of focus... During the focus period image is clear but when it finishes focusing its blurry...

For close objects with flash on seems that switching focus mode from auto to infinity gets better pictures, example attached.

Also camera seems to be a bit faster but can't make a good comparison because I rarely take photos with my phone.

Sent from my Sensation using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1395688090881.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1395688090881.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 453
  • uploadfromtaptalk1395688108805.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1395688108805.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 453
Great rom!
2 more bugs:
USB OTG seems not working, at least without external power supply (i've connected a keyboard and can't type). Maybe it's just not enabled?

2. HDMI doesn't work (obviously :) ), but this rom does react when connecting hdmi:
Code:
03-24 19:23:14.753 E/qdexternal(166): openFrameBuffer: /dev/graphics/fb-1 is not available
03-24 19:23:14.753 E/qdexternal(166): configure: Failed to open FB: -1
03-24 19:23:14.763 E/BufferQueue(166): [FramebufferSurface] setDefaultBufferSize: dimensions cannot be 0 (w=0, h=0)
03-24 19:23:14.873 E/qdoverlay(166): Failed to call ioctl MSMFB_DISPLAY_COMMIT err=Bad file number
03-24 19:23:14.873 E/qdoverlay(166): static bool overlay::eek:verlay::displayCommit(const int&, uint32_t): commit failed
03-24 19:23:14.873 E/qdhwcomposer(166): hwc_set_external: display commit fail for 1 dpy!
03-24 19:23:14.893 E/qdoverlay(166): Failed to call ioctl MSMFB_DISPLAY_COMMIT err=Bad file number
03-24 19:23:14.893 E/qdoverlay(166): static bool overlay::eek:verlay::displayCommit(const int&, uint32_t): commit failed
03-24 19:23:14.893 E/qdhwcomposer(166): hwc_set_external: display commit fail for 1 dpy!\

So there's no /dev/graphics/fb-1 device. I've created a symlink named fb-1 pointing to fb1 and here's what happens:
Code:
03-24 19:45:57.813 E/qdexternal(166): readResolution: edid_modes file '/sys/devices/virtual/graphics/fb-1/edid_modes' not found
blahblahbah...
As i don't know how to create a link under sysfs i don't know how to continue but all we need is just have /sys/devices/virtual/graphics/fb-1/ directory the same as fb1 one to continue testing. Or how do i create a link in /sys ?

69gm

Jun 27, 2011
Honolulu, Hawaii
I am getting mixed results with camera. Sometimes it focuses fine. Other times it doesn't seem to know what focus is! The indicator turns green and takes a picture...but it's a blurry picture. It thinks "blurry" is in focus! Notice when switching from taking close ups to taking far pictures, everything stays blurry even though the indicator goes green. Something about it's depth of field is funny...

It's "almost" there! Hope someone can make it perfect!

---------- Post added at 10:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 AM ----------

I am getting mixed results with camera. Sometimes it focuses fine. Other times it doesn't seem to know what focus is! The indicator turns green and takes a picture...but it's a blurry picture. It thinks "blurry" is in focus! Notice when switching from taking close ups to taking far pictures, everything stays blurry even though the indicator goes green. Something about it's depth of field is funny...

It's "almost" there! Hope someone can make it perfect!

Oops, also wanted to report that for some reason, on of my shortcuts (specifically Yelp) keeps disappearing from a folder on my dock. All the other ones are fine. Does this ROM not like Yelp? LOL!

sjknight413

Dec 1, 2009
Brighton, England
Just finished flashing and setting up!

- the camera is definitely a lot better than team sennyc2's cm11, not to demean their work in any way though! The focus is a tiny bit hit and miss, but I'm in a poorly lit room so I'm sure in daylight it's just fine. Quality is a lot better too! Better even than 3.0 kernel based Kitkat roms

- the rom itself definitely seems more stable than other KitKat roms, only marginally though

- multitasking seems a bit better than team sennyc2's build too, though the minfrees are the same so I don't know how. Better optimised I guess?

All in all this is brilliant :) if nightlies keep going I will be sticking to this for the foreseeable future. Good job Flemmard and Shantur!

EDIT: Also, now we have a near perfect 3.4 kernel that is based on AOSP and not derived from sense I guess we can start being more optimistic about getting the next major version of android on the sensation? ;)

Last edited:
I got some progress on HDMI. Well, i just hex-edited quickly liboverlay.so to change the line "int Overlay::sDpyFbMap[DPY_MAX] = {0, -1,-1};" to "int Overlay::sDpyFbMap[DPY_MAX] = {0, 1,-1};" to make the device be fb1 by default and not fb-1 (I don't know how to properly fix it, it should be fixable without changing overlay.cpp). And i got hdmi semi-working, it's very buggy, sometimes the phone hangs completely. When i connect it first i can see the upper part of an image and the bottom part is blue. When i reconnect the cable i can see the whole image fine but the screen flickers every second or so so it's not usable. Attaching a patched liboverlay.so in a flashable zip if someone else wants to test and 2 fotos showing what i get.

Also I'm suggesting to Flemmard to add this line into init.pyramid.rc:
chown system system /sys/devices/virtual/graphics/fb1/hpd

Without this it gives more errors in logcat :)

Attachments

• CM11-HDMI.zip
    142.5 KB · Views: 26
  • hdmi1.jpg
    hdmi1.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 289
  • hdmi2.jpg
    hdmi2.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 286

JanSpatschek

Dec 1, 2012
Waidhofen
www.rlbrt.de
Deleted

---------- Post added at 01:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:13 AM ----------

Clean flashed this ROM today through 4ext and got a random reboot EVERY single time the display went dark after screen timeout. Like e.g. the screen went off and 10 seconds later the HTC splash screen showed up again. I will include a last_kmsg: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5xpEXQcSQncTmxGOGJNQk5iSk0/edit?usp=sharing

Last edited:
Reactions: sjknight413

spuri78

Oct 2, 2007
Bris Vegas
Just finished flashing and setting up!

- the camera is definitely a lot better than team sennyc2's cm11, not to demean their work in any way though! The focus is a tiny bit hit and miss, but I'm in a poorly lit room so I'm sure in daylight it's just fine. Quality is a lot better too! Better even than 3.0 kernel based Kitkat roms

- the rom itself definitely seems more stable than other KitKat roms, only marginally though

- multitasking seems a bit better than team sennyc2's build too, though the minfrees are the same so I don't know how. Better optimised I guess?

All in all this is brilliant :) if nightlies keep going I will be sticking to this for the foreseeable future. Good job Flemmard and Shantur!

EDIT: Also, now we have a near perfect 3.4 kernel that is based on AOSP and not derived from sense I guess we can start being more optimistic about getting the next major version of android on the sensation? ;)

What about the audio? Have you set up Viper4Audio with this rom? How is it?

Thanks,
Sam

sjknight413

Dec 1, 2009
Brighton, England
Found a huge issue!
If you try and lock the screen with an alarm set the phone will hard reboot to the HTC splash! Does this every time I lock my phone now, even with no alarm set :(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    UnORoms Project
    Presenting you CyanogenMod - The Flemmard Way

UNOFFICIAL VERSION

About CyanogenMod

zM9lJKE.png

Credits

CyanogenMod - For their source
    @Flemmard : Thanks for awesome device trees and kernel. For fixing Camera using 3.4 drivers
    @u-ra : Helping me fix camera
    @shantur (me) : Fixing bits in Camera
    @bilal_liberty
    @Sultanxda
    @ivanich
    @SebastianFM
    @johnnyslt
    @albinoman887

If I have forgotten anyone, I apologise please pm me and i will correct my mistake

Features

• 3.4 Kernel based on HTC MSM8960 - @Flemmard - You are the man
    • 3.4 Camera Drivers and libs
    • Continuous Autofocs in Photo and Video modes.
    • HDMI working with specific steps http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=51684382&postcount=176
    • Awesome sound
    • In kernel mp-decision
    • Stock Sensation XE CPU frequency 1.5GHz
    • Fast Charge enabled
    • No known freezes or reboots.

... will add more to list as things go on.

DISCLAIMER

Code:
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards or you 
     * getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research 
     * if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM before flashing it! 
     * YOU are choosing to make these modifications.

I am not part of CyanogenMod, I just compiled this rom for Sensation as part of UnoRoms Project. In no way I take the credit for Source

Screenshots

.... Coming Soon ....

Instructions

1. Download and install latest TWRP Recovery from here
    2. Download Latest Release from link below
    2. Download Latest Mini Modular GApps from here
    3. Boot into recovery
    4. Wipe data, cache if coming from other rom
    5. Flash Rom
    6. Flash Gapps
    7. Reboot
    8. Feel good
    9. Hit Thanks

Downloads

ROM
    GAPPS

Source

Donations

If you would like to donate for this Rom please donate to @Flemmard. This is all his brain child.

-= Request =-​

The current nightlies server is non other than my laptop which is working day (for development) and night (for nightlies). It is getting low on space day by day with every new rom that I am trying. Currently nightlies are built in an external drive connected with USB3.
    If you really think this project is a good effort, please consider funding towards a good build server that I could use for nightlies and towards the cost for maintaining the download servers. I do not want to put ads for supporting this project if you guys will chip in a bit.
    Let me know if you have any other suggestions for supporting this project.
    Guys,

New build is building currently. I have updated the OP feature list as well.
    Here is whats new in this release

1. Camera autofocus and touch to focus is fixed.
    2. Audio quality and volume level issues fixed
    3. Fast Charge is enabled
    4. In kernel mp-decision
    5. Freeze after call is fixed
    6. Airplane / Flight mode reboot is fixed.
    7. Bumped up max cpu to 1.5ghz

Known issues
    1. Google hotword detection introduces audio stutter when it stops.
    Guys,

I am not having time these days and I dont see that i will have time in near future.
    Yes, its correct what you think the next line would be,
    I am giving up Android rom development for now and will stop supporting the download server from next month.

That means UnoRoms download and build server will not be available from next month.
    If anyone wants to continue i can point him to the scripts i use for building and generating the changelogs.

It was very nice working for a device which is still capable, i hope i get time in future to fix remaining little issues.

Ciao
    Just as a parting gift, i will fire a new build for all roms tonight. If it builds fine you will get a new build tomorrow.