Unpopular opinion: Android Go?

Search This thread

Opteronvoz

Dec 27, 2009
Hey people!
Since the S6 has quite a limited amount of RAM (for this decade!), would be it more useful to have an Android Go port instead of full-fat AOSP, or even Pixel ports?

I'm no developer and I don't even know much about Android Go so please explain/tell me why this hasn't been done. I'm sure a lot of people have thought of this before but there must be reasons that it's not come into existence, yet.

Thank you sooo much!

A random image from Google Search, just for fun.
Android_Go_Logo.jpg

ArmashOnXDA

Jan 7, 2022
Pune
Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge
Hey people!
Since the S6 has quite a limited amount of RAM (for this decade!), would be it more useful to have an Android Go port instead of full-fat AOSP, or even Pixel ports?

I'm no developer and I don't even know much about Android Go so please explain/tell me why this hasn't been done. I'm sure a lot of people have thought of this before but there must be reasons that it's not come into existence, yet.

Thank you sooo much!

Android_Go_Logo.jpg

I don't really see a point as to why would anyone make an Android Go ROM for the Galaxy S6 Edge. The 7420 is still really capable enough to run modern versions of Android like A12 or A13 given the right optimisation and patches.

In addition to that, Android Go is just NikGapps Go on top of an AOSP build

Reactions: halloo13

Opteronvoz

Dec 27, 2009
I don't really see a point as to why would anyone make an Android Go ROM for the Galaxy S6 Edge. The 7420 is still really capable enough to run modern versions of Android like A12 or A13 given the right optimisation and patches.

I'm sorry but I didn't say anything about processing power though.

halloo13

Mar 12, 2015
They should introduce a similar feature like RAM Plus on One UI for LineageOS Devices. With that, even the S6 would have no RAM issues in the upcoming years

TomTran1408

Aug 30, 2021
Samsung Galaxy S6
Exynos 7420 in general is too strong, still going great these days. It just missing the right optimizations for AOSP roms, I bet it could handle A11 or A12 good. The current LOS 19.1 (A12) is currently in development, it still run ok, but because the HWC is broken so yeah.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey people!

Thank you sooo much!

Android_Go_Logo.jpg