• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

General Unpopular Opinion: The 6 Pro is small and light, and fingerprint reader works great

Search This thread

Itaintrite

Feb 10, 2008
New York.
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I don't know what I was expecting after reading all the reviews and user feedbacks regarding the 6 Pro size being too big. I'm "upgrading" from a Note 20 Ultra haha. This phone feels way slicker and lighter.

And as I mentioned in another thread, my thumb's fingerprint is shot. So this optical reader is actually faster and more reliable than the one on my Note 20 Ultra. Imagine that.

Overall, very happy with the phone. Haven't tried the camera yet, but can't be that bad.

biggiestuff

Nov 12, 2009
Google Pixel 4 XL
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I'm coming from a 4xl and the reviews had me worried about the slow fingerprint reader. It's not as bad as the reviews state. It's probably slower but it's not a deal breaker. I'm not pulling my hair out by any means. I read reviews that the screen has to be awake for it to work but it seems to work fine when AOD is activated. I do miss the face ID unlock. I still think it's faster. I prefer in this order. Physical backside fingerprint, power button fingerprint, face ID, OPTICAL FINGERPRINT.

paysen

Nov 3, 2010
I don't care about the fingerprint reader but it is def not small and light. My Oneplus 9 Pro was smaller and the camera bump is less pronounced - I could easily use it with one hand. But I promised my GF to give it to her Birthday so I gotta stick to the P6P now. I would prefer the Pixel 6 size tbh, but somehow companies won't give us top notch hardware in a smaller phone.

The P6P is a great phone as well, just the size is a bit too much for me.

Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

roirraW "edor" ehT

Forum Moderator
Staff member
I too, think the phone feels "magically" lighter than my Samsung Note 10+ 512 GB, even though it's supposed to be heavier. Maybe it's the distribution of components inside?

The P6P's optical in-screen fingerprint reader is working much better for me than the Note 10+'s ultrasonic one, too. I don't know if it's partly the placement of the reader (may be lower than in the Note) but I definitely more often hit it right the first time and with the screen off to start (I keep Always On disabled). I still overall prefer the back fingerprint reader of my Pixel 1, but this isn't bad.

And the software, there's no comparison. This is the main reason I came back to the Pixel from the Note 10 - that and the fact they finally made a 512 GB model. I get prompt notifications of my work (and personal) emails and chats, unlike on my Samsung.

Itaintrite

Feb 10, 2008
New York.
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I too, think the phone feels "magically" lighter than my Samsung Note 10+ 512 GB, even though it's supposed to be heavier. Maybe it's the distribution of components inside?

The P6P's optical in-screen fingerprint reader is working much better for me than the Note 10+'s ultrasonic one, too. I don't know if it's partly the placement of the reader (may be lower than in the Note) but I definitely more often hit it right the first time and with the screen off to start (I keep Always On disabled). I still overall prefer the back fingerprint reader of my Pixel 1, but this isn't bad.

And the software, there's no comparison. This is the main reason I came back to the Pixel from the Note 10 - that and the fact they finally made a 512 GB model. I get prompt notifications of my work (and personal) emails and chats, unlike on my Samsung.
Good to see I'm not the only one haha. The 6P def feels great in my avg size hand.

The fingerprint reader isn't just more reliable, but a little faster than on my Note 20 Ultra. I tried it again this morning.

paysen

Nov 3, 2010
Oh that's true, forgot that in my post. Weight distribution is really good, even moreso considering that camera bump. They really did a good job on that. I have a small and light case on the Pixel 6 Pro and it really helped with that slippery back. If only the power button would've been placed lower, it is a bit too high for my kinda small hands.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I don't know what I was expecting after reading all the reviews and user feedbacks regarding the 6 Pro size being too big. I'm "upgrading" from a Note 20 Ultra haha. This phone feels way slicker and lighter.

And as I mentioned in another thread, my thumb's fingerprint is shot. So this optical reader is actually faster and more reliable than the one on my Note 20 Ultra. Imagine that.

Overall, very happy with the phone. Haven't tried the camera yet, but can't be that bad.
    I'm coming from a 4xl and the reviews had me worried about the slow fingerprint reader. It's not as bad as the reviews state. It's probably slower but it's not a deal breaker. I'm not pulling my hair out by any means. I read reviews that the screen has to be awake for it to work but it seems to work fine when AOD is activated. I do miss the face ID unlock. I still think it's faster. I prefer in this order. Physical backside fingerprint, power button fingerprint, face ID, OPTICAL FINGERPRINT.
    I don't care about the fingerprint reader but it is def not small and light. My Oneplus 9 Pro was smaller and the camera bump is less pronounced - I could easily use it with one hand. But I promised my GF to give it to her Birthday so I gotta stick to the P6P now. I would prefer the Pixel 6 size tbh, but somehow companies won't give us top notch hardware in a smaller phone.

The P6P is a great phone as well, just the size is a bit too much for me.

Good to see I'm not the only one haha. The 6P def feels great in my avg size hand.

The fingerprint reader isn't just more reliable, but a little faster than on my Note 20 Ultra. I tried it again this morning.