Shawano
This is what my apns are

Attachments

• 1453441115040.jpg
    1453441115040.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 1,295

luckysmack

Apr 18, 2011
For this to work, do I need the tethering plan? Or could I take off my tethering plan and still use this?

I checked my usage on the app and it says it's still using the hotspot

The usage in your device WILL report your usage to YOU, but either check tmo's website or if you use the my account app (i don't cuz I'm concerned it'll send my data) you can check there and see if your usage is registering on tmo's servers, then you'll have an idea of what they are and aren't detecting. Fyi, tmo has some kind of post usage auditing that's catching tether usage after the fact and kicking out notices to folks they catch, me along them. I literally had to add another line as they bumped my original back to 2gb a month and refused to change it to anything unlimited. But i haven't had any issues since. I clean wiped my device and put the new sim in and it's been perfect since then.

---------- Post added at 10:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 AM ----------

Also, everyone should know, the people at Tmo's risk management department aren't stupid. And their logging and diagnostics are phenomenal. They even had notes in their system about the owner of my old line publicizing the tethering exploit using fiddler4 on the xda forum! They literally matched up the server logs with my posts and were able to surmise which xda user i was, then followed me, and 48hrs after i posted the updated information i was kicked off unlimited...and this is with only averaging about 250gb/mo of data usage smh

Because trust and believe I've never been stupid enough to call up and say, hey guys, I'm rooted and using modified **** and additional systems to beat the **** outta your tether provisioning smh lol

---------- Post added at 10:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:28 AM ----------

The rep literally said to me, so you use the xda developers forum as rx8driver? Because you or someone using your device's connection is using that website as that user and publicly explaining how to circumvent their network's tether provisioning, and since this violates the T&C's of the contract and my amount of data usage (320gb last month) put me in the top 1% of usage volume that they were totally within their rights to restrict me to metered plans only, and the only reason they don't apply it to the whole account instead of just my line is because my wife is the actual primary line, so since it only happened on a sub account they can't, but she said if they could they would smh and, of course, he being right meant i could only be mad and hang up cuz i didn't have any argument left. Smh lol BUSTED smh.....

Jeez, maybe I will start using a vpn.

I thought about it, but the speeds suck, latency is worse, and expense is high given those shortcomings smh certainly there will be a way, but with today's network traffic analysis abilities it's going to be exceedingly difficult to hide 100% of the tethering...

My logic being if i can swap out practically anything i want from the ip header of every packet i can transmit with a 15 year old pc, then tmo certainly has the intellect and resources to pretty much KNOW what's happening over their network...vpn is really the only solution to truly hide it. Thank you encryption! BUT, don't think for a minute that they won't just throttle data on encrypted connections if that route gets abused.

---------- Post added at 11:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 AM ----------

Then just tell people, sure you can use vpn but if you're an intensive user using over 25gb/mo then you'll need a "vpn & tethering plan" for a little extra cash to avoid being throttled.

Last edited:

pcriz

I thought about it, but the speeds suck, latency is worse, and expense is high given those shortcomings smh certainly there will be a way, but with today's network traffic analysis abilities it's going to be exceedingly difficult to hide 100% of the tethering...

My logic being if i can swap out practically anything i want from the ip header of every packet i can transmit with a 15 year old pc, then tmo certainly has the intellect and resources to pretty much KNOW what's happening over their network...vpn is really the only solution to truly hide it. Thank you encryption! BUT, don't think for a minute that they won't just throttle data on encrypted connections if that route gets abused.

---------- Post added at 11:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 AM ----------

Then just tell people, sure you can use vpn but if you're an intensive user using over 25gb/mo then you'll need a "vpn & tethering plan" for a little extra cash to avoid being throttled.

They can't stop us from using a vpn, but they can get you for using too much data. Even now I can tether my work laptop and that doesn't trigger the tether data because they cannot see what the traffic is and with device side provisioning disabled they don't know when tethering is turned on.

They can't stop us from using a vpn, but they can get you for using too much data. Even now I can tether my work laptop and that doesn't trigger the tether data because they cannot see what the traffic is and with device side provisioning disabled they don't know when tethering is turned

You're using vpn on the laptop to connect to your work servers?

---------- Post added at 11:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 AM ----------

I really tried to casually get her to slip into feeding me info on how they're detecting it, but she was good, man! She kept it tight and let nothing slip smh

pcriz

You're using vpn on the laptop to connect to your work servers?

---------- Post added at 11:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 AM ----------

I really tried to casually get her to slip into feeding me info on how they're detecting it, but she was good, man! She kept it tight and let nothing slip smh

Yeah, usually if wifi is crap I will tether when I am on the road, I did an 8 hour day and had a few other computers borrow time (all VPNed to their work networks) with minimal jump in data, likely in the period before the vpns were established.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Reactions: Rx8Driver

ken135

Nov 9, 2008
How can i use this on my n920t but using on metro pcs with unlimited data and no tethering?

AndrewM3

Jun 28, 2013
can anybody confirm that the option posted in the first post is still working just got a note 5 runing dr ketan latest rom on 7.0 nougat please confirm

AndrewM3

Jun 28, 2013
i can confirm that tmobile doesn't even catch me when I use pdanet on desktop and foxfi with usb cable connected un detectable. But I would like to use wifi tether undetected. I also read a thread where they discussed changing TTL to 65 on the pc and tether dun=0 on phone

Reactions: chassy_8o9

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Flash this in recovery, reset apn, make sure both change to ip4. Enjoy unlimited tethering.

I can confirm this counts up data not tethering.

Breaks Volte and WiFi Calling.

If you want those back switch to ip6 by editing last lines in customer.xml file in system/csc

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=60245037

All credit for this mod goes to Fenny in the S6 forums for T-Mobile. The original thread can be found here: http://xdaforums.com/tmobile-galaxy-s6/development/mod-enable-native-tether-t3078551

I have tested this on my own Note 5 and have streamed quite a few videos, at least ~4gb worth on a tethered device. This mod will make it so your data comes out of your normal data, not the tethering plan data.

Fenny said:
    As always I'm here to insist that data is data, here is a tethering mod for the Tmobile S6.

About:*

What this does:*It bypasses the provisioning check, switches your apn to ipv4, (required for tethering) and changes your tethering APN to the normal data APN.
    What it does not do:*It will not hide your browser headers from t-mobile, if they detect that you are using a desktop browser, you will see it deduct from your tethering balance. Use a User Agent Spoofer to work around this.

Prerequisites:*

You should have a computer with adb, and your phone should be rooted and have busybox installed.

Installation instructions:
    Manual via adb:

Download the attached apk, and open a command prompt in the location you have saved it to.

Installing the new Tethering Provision apk:

Code:
    adb push TetheringProvision.apk /sdcard/ 
    adb shell 
    su 
    mount -o remount,rw /system 
    cp /sdcard/TetheringProvision.apk /system/app/TetheringProvision/ 
    chmod 644 /system/app/TetheringProvision/TetheringProvision.apk

(The following command only needs to be run if you are on a stock odexed rom.)

Code:
    rm -R /system/app/TetheringProvision/arm64

After installation you MUST reboot for the new tethering provision apk to be seen.

Setting proper APN settings, (you will need busybox for this part):

Code:
    adb shell
    su 
    mount -o remount,rw /system 
    sed -i 's/pcweb.tmobile/fast.t-mobile/' /system/csc/customer.xml 
    sed -i 's/ipv6/ipv4/' /system/csc/customer.xml
    Once you have configured the above, you MUST reset apn settings (Settings > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names > More > Reset to default )

Again, I take no credit other than testing to make sure this worked with the note. For convenience, I'm attaching the modified tethering app as well that Fenny posted.
    I can tell you that I have VoLTE and WiFi calling working. And I get normal speeds. 30-50Mbps in some areas. All I do is, Replace TetheringProvision.apk with the modded one, go into customer.xml and change all non ims profiles to ipv4 (leave the ims protocols ipv6), go to settings and change the apn by adding dun to default,mms,supl and change it to ipv4. Then I reboot my phone. No reset apns needed. In this state you will still use hotspot allotment. That is because T-mobile is using user-agent strings to decipher device being used. Only way to fix that is to get a vpn and use it on the devices you connect to your hotspot.

On the topic of stealing data, it is not stealing if you pay for unlimited data. I spoke to a rep about this. They agreed that I should be able to use hotspot unlimited. But it is not allowed due to them being worried about congestion. So I responded "What is the difference if I dowload a video or other large file to my phone and transfer it to my other device, or just download it to my other device? I still am gonna use my data." The rep completely understood my point. The rep responded with the news that T-mobile is going to be adding streaming video as a non data useage. So it will not count towards your data. Like the Unradio option. These options they are giving us tell me that they really are not worried about congestion. Making streaming not count data would certainly clog their network if they thought me using my hotspot would. So I think it is just about the pricing for hotspot. How do you charge unlimited data users for hotspot. We don't run out of data. So they limit it. It is about money. Not network congestion.
    http://newsroom.t-mobile.com/issues-insights-blog/stopping-network-abusers.htm

We are all experienced hackers apparently. I made it mom.

Sent fr.om my SM-N920T using XDA Free mobile app
    So two things. The article you linked to is the same 2tb warning article that has been going around for a few hours. Two it is directed at all illegal tethers but how do you tell legal 25gb from illegal if it appears to be from an android device and client provisioning is disabled?

AWESOME. We're on the same page.

Your point on video streaming on a mobile device vs a desktop was on point. However, like you said, re: 25GB+ use, how can they prove it to be illegitimate use?

I'm currently being throttled by T-Mobile because of my 100GB+ Unlimited Data use, until my cycle starts up again. What they do is, in heavy data use areas (aka congested areas), they place my "data use" priority on the bottom of the list. Slowest I've seen in Downtown is 0.01kbps.

This action made me come up with a theory as well. Ever notice when you get the hot new flagship phone from T-Mo, your D/L is super fast? Then so many weeks or months down the line, data speed is about the same as your old phone? I wonder if they target those phones and mark them as the highest priority to keep gen pub happy? Then blame network congestion on a new plethora of customers. If so, bad form.