unrEVOked is Back

Search This thread

flip603

Mar 23, 2010
So what is the difference between this and the simple root process. It seems the new unrevoked will allow you to install custom roms, so if that's all you want, is there a reason to do the simple root?

Also, in the faq- it says it only unlocks nand flash long enough to put the custom recovery (clockwork) on the phone- what are the implications of that? I was confused because it says with clockwork you can still do nandroid backups. So what do you lose out on with NAND still being locked

Last edited:

IceCreaMan

Nov 3, 2007
i just saw their update and looks like the main page has stopped working...i prefer the original app simple root method as that is what i have on my evo now. its easier than flashing, etc etc. and suits what i need.

Bobby_C

Jul 7, 2010
i just saw their update and looks like the main page has stopped working...i prefer the original app simple root method as that is what i have on my evo now. its easier than flashing, etc etc. and suits what i need.

It doesn't seem to work with my phone with the latest software update.

Hrshycro

Jun 10, 2010
It doesn't seem to work with my phone with the latest software update.

I think the root and clockworkmod recovery are both done using the unrevoked3 program, on your computer. No more rooting from your phone's browser.

If you're going to do this, you might as well just do the simple root, just don't update your wimax radio because you'll be ****ed-4g-less.