• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Unrevoked Team: Recovery Reflash Tool

Search This thread

autoprime

Recognized Dev / Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 23, 2010
worked flawlessly on my mac first time. ran nandroid. installed custom rom. love it.

ive noticed a custom rom or two requires full nand unlock.. even after boot. would this method allow for use of that kind of rom.. or would we need to do the original full root method(part 1 + 2)? ex...forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=700448

if original root mthod is indeed required for customs roms such as the above mentioned.. could we just pick up at original root method part two? or would we have to still start form the beginning? i personally dont care about being able to have full R/W access while in android.. but if im going to miss out on some roms i might consider doing the "full root" method.

id prefer not to tho.. as i LOVE everything unrevoked is doing. thanks for all the hard work.

MrDSL

Nov 17, 2006
If its not full root then what's the point? It seems to me that it just makes things more confusing because users think they are rooted when in fact they are not..

Sent from my EVO via Tapatalk

joeykrim

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 9, 2009
If its not full root then what's the point? It seems to me that it just makes things more confusing because users think they are rooted when in fact they are not..

Sent from my EVO via Tapatalk
depends how you define full root.

the user has full root (superuser access) to the whole phone, but does not have write access to /system due to NAND protection.

the release in this thread, they've used some kind of exploit/method to bypass NAND protection temporarily to allow write access to the /recovery partition.

zikronix

Feb 7, 2009
Funny though, about three weeks ago, i used the unrevoked to kick off rooting the wifes phone while i was driving down the road, I used it to get what i needed to flash to finish up with toasts method. LOL...

MagnusRagnarok

Retired Recognized Developer
Dec 31, 2009
CYBERTRON
i didnt think the two toast root steps were hard to begin with. Especially for all the benefits. But good job unrevoked team for the contribution, for those that cannot or choose not to r00t the other way. Choices are what this place is all about:D