Unrevoked Team: Recovery Reflash Tool

Search This thread

Shadowmite

Aug 22, 2005
www.shadowmite.com
No, this method we hope will remain underwraps for many more htc devices. But rest assured we will happily explore and implement it on as many devices as we can.

mmastrac

Jun 11, 2010
will the source code be released for this method?
it is great to have multiple methods! thanks!!!

No plans at this time, sorry. We've planned on blogging about the first root method we found for some time (and still use for older phones), just never got around to it.

mmastrac (unrevoked)

RickBaller

Jun 10, 2010
Will this erase everything I have on my phone? Are there instructions anywhere for how to do this?

autoprime

Recognized Dev / Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 23, 2010
worked flawlessly on my mac first time. ran nandroid. installed custom rom. love it.

ive noticed a custom rom or two requires full nand unlock.. even after boot. would this method allow for use of that kind of rom.. or would we need to do the original full root method(part 1 + 2)? ex...xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=700448

if original root mthod is indeed required for customs roms such as the above mentioned.. could we just pick up at original root method part two? or would we have to still start form the beginning? i personally dont care about being able to have full R/W access while in android.. but if im going to miss out on some roms i might consider doing the "full root" method.

id prefer not to tho.. as i LOVE everything unrevoked is doing. thanks for all the hard work.

crucial929

Jul 10, 2008
Covington , ky
worked like a charm

stock evo + unrevoked root + unrevoked recovery + custom rom of your choice .... hell yeah doesn't get any easier

Last edited:

joeykrim

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 9, 2009
does this give you FULL root or just the ability to load custom roms?
appears just the ability to load custom ROMs. don't think this gives write access to /system.
in order to manipulate files for /system, requires their root method with their special shadow directory and mount bind command method.

MrDSL

Nov 17, 2006
If its not full root then what's the point? It seems to me that it just makes things more confusing because users think they are rooted when in fact they are not..

Sent from my EVO via Tapatalk

joeykrim

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 9, 2009
If its not full root then what's the point? It seems to me that it just makes things more confusing because users think they are rooted when in fact they are not..

Sent from my EVO via Tapatalk
depends how you define full root.

the user has full root (superuser access) to the whole phone, but does not have write access to /system due to NAND protection.

the release in this thread, they've used some kind of exploit/method to bypass NAND protection temporarily to allow write access to the /recovery partition.

zikronix

Feb 7, 2009
Funny though, about three weeks ago, i used the unrevoked to kick off rooting the wifes phone while i was driving down the road, I used it to get what i needed to flash to finish up with toasts method. LOL...

crucial929

Jul 10, 2008
Covington , ky
I'm running the Fresh v0.3 which says you need nand unlocked.
I'm new to Android but if I can flash these custom roms I think that's good enough

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

MagnusRagnarok

Retired Recognized Developer
Dec 31, 2009
CYBERTRON
i didnt think the two toast root steps were hard to begin with. Especially for all the benefits. But good job unrevoked team for the contribution, for those that cannot or choose not to r00t the other way. Choices are what this place is all about:D