Unroot and relock bootloader Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2

Search This thread

navtey

Jan 15, 2017
Gorakhpur
Reactions: kayamokid

vishalwsalt

Mar 15, 2019
I have tried to downgrade my zenfone max pro m2 from pie due to screen flashing bug. my phone got hardbricked. no screen no light , doesn't turns on, i have tried to flash stock rom through QFIL. but there are no Programmer emmc and patch0.xml files in any firmware. I have onl used the phone 2 days guyz. itz my new phone. can anyone help me out plzzzz.. .... ...

i'm in india brooo . . . now i got a firmware with the emmc n xml files but it shows sahara error . i tried to put the files in qpst folder but still sahara error showing . . .

kayamokid

Jan 29, 2013
Earth
POCO X4 Pro
finally, I successfully relocked and unroot my device. I just want to clarify, will I get updates and install updates via OTA again? just like when i bought the phone for the first day?

Adi.s

Sep 1, 2017
While installing zip it's showing error 6.
When I compressed in zip format and flashed it. It says invalid zip format.
Whats wrong.......???:eek:
Ur process is not working in latest march update.
I have followed each and every step. Tried different recovery..... Etc.
No solution

Last edited:

kickyvivi

Jul 14, 2016
Trivandrum
While installing zip it's showing error 6.
When I compressed in zip format and flashed it. It says invalid zip format.
Whats wrong.......???:eek:
Ur process is not working in latest march update.
I have followed each and every step. Tried different recovery..... Etc.
No solution
You extracted the zip to a folder, then edited it, then compreseed that FOLDER. DONT COMPRESS THE FOLDER, compress the components of that folder to a zip file and flash it.

Adi.s

Sep 1, 2017
You extracted the zip to a folder, then edited it, then compreseed that FOLDER. DONT COMPRESS THE FOLDER, compress the components of that folder to a zip file and flash it.
I have done that but the problem remain.
It always tell invalid zip format or error 6.
Is there any fastboot rom .plz help me.
:)Update--- ? Developer helped me with the script.
But now I am in red state.
Can I bypass red state but every time I try to lock bootloader it just appears.

Last edited:
I have done that but the problem remain.
It always tell invalid zip format or error 6.
Is there any fastboot rom .plz help me.
:)Update--- ? Developer helped me with the script.
But now I am in red state.
Can I bypass red state but every time I try to lock bootloader it just appears.

You don't have to compress the zip. Drag and drop the updater-script to a convenient folder. Edit it, and save. Then drag back the edited updater-script to the zip file and overwrite. (Make sure you keep a copy of original zip file).

navtey

Jan 15, 2017
Gorakhpur
Tell me the solution for red State. How to lock bootloader.
For red State means you have somehow not restored system properly
Happened because you didn't use TWRP as your recovery , unlock bootloader again flash twrp in recovery flash the firmware and it will be ok when you relock, If that's what were you doing already considering the problems with zip file of firmware it should be edited properly and not corrupted while you werr editing

Reactions: kayamokid

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Disclaimer :
    I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed.
    If you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. Hard. A lot

<Device will be formatted, so keep a backup >

Requirements :
    Unofficially unlocked, Rooted Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2 with TWRP installed
    Windows / Linux

Instructions :

//relocking
    - Download the latest OTA firmware from Asus official website [turn off your VPN and head to asus.com > Products > Phones > Zenfone Max > Zenfone Max Pro (M2) > SUPPORT > Drivers and tools > Bios and Firmware ]
    - Extract the firmware zip and go to > META-INF > com > google > android
    - open updater-script with a note editor preferably notepad++
    - Remove all the lines (assert/abort lines) above the code
    Code:
    ui_print("Target: Android/sdm660_64/sdm660_64:X.X.X/XXXX/XX.20XX.XXXX.XXX-20XXXXXX:user/release-keys");

You should be very carefull that you downloaded the correct(sku) firmware for your device, else doing this might brick your device
    - Save it, rezip the firmware and copy it to sdcard
    - Download and extract "Relock" zip
    - Copy stockrecovery.img to sdcard
    - Go to "adb + asus drivers" folder and install ADB and necessary drivers
    - Flash TWRP, if you are on any other recovery
    - Boot into recovery > install > flash the firmware zip
    - Reboot to recovery, if custom recovery comes again, install > image file > stockrecovery.img > as recovery > flash > Reboot to bootloader
    - Go to "relock" folder, open an elevated command prompt (admin) and enter :

Code:
    fastboot devices
    (device should be listed)
    now execute relock_bl.cmd (windows) or ./relock.sh (linux)

Device will boot up without unlocked bootloader warning.
    To check if bootloader is locked, go to fastboot and enter :
    Code:
    fastboot oem device-info
    Thats it, bootloader relocked!

Credits
    @Sudeep Duhoon
    @legacy07

Downloads:
    Relocker
    TWRP
    relock.sh for linux system. Just put it in relock folder and Rename relock.txt to relock.sh then run(sudo ./relock.sh) through the terminal(sudo chmod -R +777 relock.sh ===> run this before running relock.sh). Say thanks if you want.
    Somebody reply this thread..

Wipe, restore the backup, and flash the stock recovery. But doing this is kinda stupid, as your data will be wiped anyways and have to do a hell lot of updating (if the backup is old) after relock. Also, if your back up was modified in someway, beware of the Red state.
    I've bought this phone 3 months ago... Haven't done anything with it, just going on with official updates. Had slept one night with earphones on and the battery discharged totally... Now getting this warning whenever I restart my phone... What could have gone wrong?

Unlock bootloader flash stock ROM and relock bootloader. If you don't have any idea about this, take it to service centre
    Is that okay? Screen shot attached
    good. go ahead