Unroot and relock bootloader

Search This thread

tperki

Feb 11, 2015
Hartford CT
OnePlus 7 Pro
Hi. I have a OnePlus 7 Pro GM1917 US version. I have unlocked the bootloader and installed TWRP, but am still running OOS 10.3.8. I want to restore everything back to stock, so stock recovery and lock bootloader. There is a lot of info on the web about this, most of it old. I am looking for the easiest way to do this - prefer not to resort to MSM Tool, but will if no other way. Can I just download the latest OOS 10 full from OnePlus and install it from TWRP? If I understand correctly, that should overwrite TWRP and then all I need to do is relock the bootloader from ADB. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks.

@soka

Aug 8, 2014
Glencoe
Hi. I have a OnePlus 7 Pro GM1917 US version. I have unlocked the bootloader and installed TWRP, but am still running OOS 10.3.8. I want to restore everything back to stock, so stock recovery and lock bootloader. There is a lot of info on the web about this, most of it old. I am looking for the easiest way to do this - prefer not to resort to MSM Tool, but will if no other way. Can I just download the latest OOS 10 full from OnePlus and install it from TWRP? If I understand correctly, that should overwrite TWRP and then all I need to do is relock the bootloader from ADB. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks.

Yes, you can. Flash in TWRP. Don't flash anything else. Point is, you need to be fully stock, no root.

Top Liked Posts