Question Unroot and relock bootloader

Search This thread

the_rooter

Aug 3, 2014
Olean
So I unlocked bootloader and rooted my OnePlus 10 pro and boy I been out of the game a bit. Seems much different than how it used to be. Does anyone have a guide or could offer assistance on how to unroot and safely flash and lock bootloader? Thanks for your help.

Reactions: FreeDee

S /\ E E D

Jun 8, 2014
OnePlus 10 Pro
So I unlocked bootloader and rooted my OnePlus 10 pro and boy I been out of the game a bit. Seems much different than how it used to be. Does anyone have a guide or could offer assistance on how to unroot and safely flash and lock bootloader? Thanks for your help.
Remove all magisk modules
If you edited some system files undo changes
In magisk press uninstall => complete
After reboot:

Code:
adb reboot bootloader
fastboot flashing lock

Anyway there is a risk for bootloop
I recommend you to leave it unlock

the_rooter

Aug 3, 2014
Olean
Remove all magisk modules
If you edited some system files undo changes
In magisk press uninstall => complete
After reboot:

Code:
adb reboot bootloader
fastboot flashing lock

Anyway there is a risk for bootloop
I recommend you to leave it unlock
Sorry I should have been a little more specific. I know about the removing the magisk modules and also uninstalling magisk and even the locking bootloader back up, but if I recall since I am using a magisk boot image. Shouldn't though after uninstalling the magisk you need to flash a clean version of rom to get rid of that magisk boot image? That's the part I'm confused about because with my 6t I flashed it with twrp. I know it's fastboot to do so but unsure of the fastboot steps. I appreciate the help though. I just wanna start fresh with a clean rom.

DenisPDA

Jun 20, 2017
Sorry I should have been a little more specific. I know about the removing the magisk modules and also uninstalling magisk and even the locking bootloader back up, but if I recall since I am using a magisk boot image. Shouldn't though after uninstalling the magisk you need to flash a clean version of rom to get rid of that magisk boot image? That's the part I'm confused about because with my 6t I flashed it with twrp. I know it's fastboot to do so but unsure of the fastboot steps. I appreciate the help though. I just wanna start fresh with a clean rom.
Use rollback + wipe data

the_rooter

Aug 3, 2014
Olean

DenisPDA

Jun 20, 2017
Is this a pc software to rollback to previous versions for this phone? Sorry just wanna know what exactly it is and the steps before I run it that's all. Also I am on .16 and this looks like .11..that won't cause any issues? I am just assuming the na means north American version.

the_rooter

Aug 3, 2014
Olean
I confirm that it works tested on my oneplus 10 pro eu
i used the rollback package
then recovery and wipe data
then set up your phone
go back to bootloader again
use fastboot flashing lock
use volume botton go to yes lock bootloader
done
Also confirmed that it worked and going to keep it that way for a bit until more development comes.

leungsk1

Dec 29, 2007
Hong Kong
then set up your phone
done
Hello, mine is an NE2210 (CN hardware). Do you know if the rollback package for EU can be installed so that I can re-lock the bootloader successfully once flashed with EU ROM?

FlyingMachete

Sep 25, 2016
Papeete
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 10 Pro
then set up your phone
done
Everything worked. And locked bootloader
Hi! Sorry to revive an old thread here, but I was willing to use this method in order to unroot and relock my BL. Coming from an OP10Pro Eu myself and being on NE2213_11_C.22 atm. So I just wanted to know at what point were you able to go to recovery and wipe data, did the rollback package process itself ended on recovery where you were able to click format or did you have to force boot to recovery at some point before an automatic relaunch?... If you remember of course! Thanks a lot in advance!

the_rooter

Aug 3, 2014
Olean
Hi! Sorry to revive an old thread here, but I was willing to use this method in order to unroot and relock my BL. Coming from an OP10Pro Eu myself and being on NE2213_11_C.22 atm. So I just wanted to know at what point were you able to go to recovery and wipe data, did the rollback package process itself ended on recovery where you were able to click format or did you have to force boot to recovery at some point before an automatic relaunch?... If you remember of course! Thanks a lot in advance!
Do the roll back and what I do make sure it's all completely back to stock I do another reset. Then lock . I do that for all my devices

Reactions: FlyingMachete

FlyingMachete

Sep 25, 2016
Papeete
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 10 Pro
Do the roll back and what I do make sure it's all completely back to stock I do another reset. Then lock . I do that for all my devices
god damn thanks for the fast response! it worked :)
Hi guys! Each time I select the rollback package from "local install" it comes back with the message "verification failed"... Any idea what could be the cause? I'm on 2213_11_C.22 (stable) Thanks for your help.
Nevermind!! It's a success!! ...after a few shenanigans. ;-)

Last edited:

Cidoca

Jul 28, 2013
Hi guys! Each time I select the rollback package from "local install" it comes back with the message "verification failed"... Any idea what could be the cause? I'm on 2213_11_C.22 (stable) Thanks for your help.
Nevermind!! It's a success!! ...after a few shenanigans. ;-)
Hello my friend. What you do tô work?

Top Liked Posts