• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Unroot Android x86 LineageOS

Search This thread

lnguy193

Jul 11, 2015
Hello everyone,
I am trying to (completely) unroot the lineageos version of Android x86. The only thing I need is an old pc can run Android without root since the app I am about to use does not work if the device (android) is modified. I tried several different ways:
  1. DIsable root in settings
  2. Physically remove su binary
  3. Using Gearlock to install custom recovery then able to install Magisk, but could not hide the root (Safetynet) using Magisk
None of them works in order to run the app.
Would some one have experience on this? Thank you in advance.

lnguy193

Jul 11, 2015

Thanks for your reply. I already tried to flash the su removal addon from lineageos but the thing is, it is unable to have TWRP with android x86 for now (as I know), so the only custom recovery is Gearlock but it is failed to flash su removal via Gealock
Android x86 only has two releases of lineageOS which is 13.0 and 14.1. I tried both and same issue.
Thanks again

CXZa

Apr 9, 2013
Space
cxzstuff.blogspot.com
Thanks for your reply. I already tried to flash the su removal addon from lineageos but the thing is, it is unable to have TWRP with android x86 for now (as I know), so the only custom recovery is Gearlock but it is failed to flash su removal via Gealock
Android x86 only has two releases of lineageOS which is 13.0 and 14.1. I tried both and same issue.
Thanks again

Signed zips can be flashed in stock recovery...
Here are the files that it removes...
/system/system/addon.d/51-addonsu.sh
/system/system/bin/su
/system/system/etc/init/superuser.rc
/system/system/xbin/su

Why it has to be lineage? You could get pie, also bliss has it.
https://www.android-x86.org/changelog.html

lnguy193

Jul 11, 2015
Signed zips can be flashed in stock recovery...
Here are the files that it removes...
/system/system/addon.d/51-addonsu.sh
/system/system/bin/su
/system/system/etc/init/superuser.rc
/system/system/xbin/su

Why it has to be lineage? You could get pie, also bliss has it.
https://www.android-x86.org/changelog.html

For some weird reasons the app I will mainly use always work only the lineage version, but crashed on others. I haven't tried pie and bliss yet! I just only removed the 2 su binaries in /bin and /xbin. I will try to reflash or remove the other two files that you recommended. Thanks

sambhunath

Jul 11, 2012
For some weird reasons the app I will mainly use always work only the lineage version, but crashed on others. I haven't tried pie and bliss yet! I just only removed the 2 su binaries in /bin and /xbin. I will try to reflash or remove the other two files that you recommended. Thanks
Yes same here, I am also looking for an unrooted lineage OS(works well), or any other unrooted Android OS.
Can anyone help finding a stable unrooted OS.