• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Unroot without tripping flash counter

Search This thread

reaganSMASH

Aug 6, 2012
Colorado
My brother wants me to unroot his s3 for warranty exchange, can I do this without tripping flash counter?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium

Assuming that you rooted the phone without tripping the counter (check the number in download mode of your phone), unrooting w/o tripping is easy. Just flash a Samsung stock rom on the phone. Since it's straight from Samsung Kies and not a custom image, it doesn't bump your counter.

Link to thread with stock images, LG1 is the newest release from Samsung: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1737848

If you did trip your counter when you rooted, there is an App called TriangleAway. It's sold in the Play store for a fee, or you can download the APK from the XDA forum site and push it to your phone for free. If you need that thread, let me know.

Hope this helps. Cheers!

Last edited:
Reactions: android4545

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    My brother wants me to unroot his s3 for warranty exchange, can I do this without tripping flash counter?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium

Assuming that you rooted the phone without tripping the counter (check the number in download mode of your phone), unrooting w/o tripping is easy. Just flash a Samsung stock rom on the phone. Since it's straight from Samsung Kies and not a custom image, it doesn't bump your counter.

Link to thread with stock images, LG1 is the newest release from Samsung: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1737848

If you did trip your counter when you rooted, there is an App called TriangleAway. It's sold in the Play store for a fee, or you can download the APK from the XDA forum site and push it to your phone for free. If you need that thread, let me know.

Hope this helps. Cheers!