Unrooted Stock Rom

slaytanic

Jul 3, 2014
Lansing
**Not Responsible For Your Phone Spontaneously Combusting, Taking Over The World,
Or Your Girlfriend Finding Those Photos You Forgot To Delete**

Not really a "ROM", but I'm currently uploading a stock twrp backup, untouched or rooted, in
case anyone needs an easy way to restore, and went flash happy and forgot a backup. :)

EDIT :Just Uncompress, Put The Twrp Folder On The Root Of Either Your SD Card, Or Internal
Storage, And Restore As You Normally Would A Twrp Backup.

DUMP OF KIW-L24 : RE-UPLOADED WITHOUT EFS BACKUP INCLUDED. RESTORE SYSTEM & BOOT.

Learn something new every day. Thanks everyone. :). Please check out post #7 and Post #6 For in depth instructions.

(Have to re upload) switching google drive accounts. Hang tight.
New Link
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5g1fK3nTnRRZzlLLWVGVWZzaTg

Last edited:

slaytanic

Jul 3, 2014
Lansing
Cool. Thanks for posting. I didn't realize you could restore another devices backup on your phone.
Long as it's the same phone, and model number, i've never seen an issue :). Just Make Sure
Not To Restore The EFS Portion Of The Previously Uploaded File, Or Just Download The Newly
Uploaded One Without EFS Included. Forgot To Remove It Before Uploading Last Time. lol

raj7749

Jan 15, 2012
Palghar
**Not Responsible For Your Phone Spontaneously Combusting, Taking Over The World,

Not really a "ROM", but I'm currently uploading a stock twrp backup, untouched or rooted, in
case anyone needs an easy way to restore, and went flash happy and forgot a backup. :)

EDIT :Just Uncompress, Put The Twrp Folder On The Root Of Either Your SD Card, Or Internal

RE-UPLOADED WITHOUT EFS BACKUP INCLUDED. RESTORE SYSTEM & BOOT.

New Link
Dump created from which model of honor 5x.. mine is KIW-L22

clsA

Aug 28, 2010
Central Florida
Sorry. L24 US Version
Good, These are nice to have.

One note, TWRP creates a directory structure from the serial number of the phone, so you can't just zip up the entire twrp folder
the backup would not be visible on another device with a different serial number.
( I downloaded the file and it's last folder in the path below)
So the path to my TWRP backup is
sdcard1/TWRP/Backups/my serial number/date of backup

So the best way to pack your file is just zip/rar the /date of backup folder
and instruct others where to extract it too
I.E -> sdcard1/TWRP/Backups/your serial number/put backup here

hope this helps.
I'll be starting my own collection of goodies for this phone on my AFH account soon and I'll share the links for all to use
I mirrored your file here >> https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24407100847292996
Stock recovery is here >> KIW-L24 b130

Also worth noting the full factory restore from Honor is here >> Honor%205X_Firmware_KIW-L24_Android%205.1_EMUI%203.1_C567B130_United%20States_Channel-Others

Instructions are in the zip

Last edited:

teh roxxorz

Recognized Contributor
Nov 21, 2010
Cool. Thanks for posting. I didn't realize you could restore another devices backup on your phone.
Long as it's the same phone, and model number, i've never seen an issue :). Just Make Sure
Not To Restore The EFS Portion Of The Previously Uploaded File, Or Just Download The Newly
Uploaded One Without EFS Included. Forgot To Remove It Before Uploading Last Time. lol
I'd like to add to that - when doing that, you should take care to change the device ID on the TWRP folder to match your own.

*swoops back to own forum*

Reactions: slaytanic

gparmar76

Dec 20, 2010
NJ
Can you post a "working " not working " section into the OP? How well does this work? Are there features not working like fingerprint or camera?

Edit - my mistake...I thought this was a AOSP backup.

TNScrambler

Oct 3, 2010
Knoxville
www.efienginesupply.com

DUMP OF KIW-L24 : RE-UPLOADED WITHOUT EFS BACKUP INCLUDED. RESTORE SYSTEM & BOOT.

Learn something new every day. Thanks everyone. :). Please check out post #7 and Post #6 For in depth instructions.

New Link
I created a backup, then deleted the the contents and moved the contents of this backup in its place so that it would recognize it, however when I try to restore it, I get an error stating there were no partitions?
Ok, I was able to get it all sorted out, I just had to calm down, think, and teach myself some new comand line skills hahaha :eek:

I downloaded the stock Firmware, however I wasn't able to install it since I had TWRP and it was blocking it.... so I found this tool, Huawei Update Extractor that can be found here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2433454 Then used this Extractor to expand the firmware and extract the stock Recovery.img out of it. Then flashed that to the phone via fastboot. Now, I was able to run the stock firmware update via the factory EMUI update app. Once that was done I was able too boot the phone back up and I was suprised to find that it didn't wipe the phone, I guess it ran it as a true "upgrade" instead of a nuke and pave.... BONUS! :cool:

Anyhow, then I was able to flash the new TWRP recovery back in place and now I'm currently creating a backup.... which if I had taken the time to do in the first place none of this would have happend. Oh, well... who needs more than 3 hours of sleep..... its not like I work full time and have 5 kids under 5 :silly:

Hope this helps someone who gets flash happy and forgets to make a back up like I did!

Justin

Reactions: bob24260

D3VI0US

Nov 19, 2011
Ok, I was able to get it all sorted out, I just had to calm down, think, and teach myself some new comand line skills hahaha :eek:

I downloaded the stock Firmware, however I wasn't able to install it since I had TWRP and it was blocking it.... so I found this tool, Huawei Update Extractor that can be found here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2433454 Then used this Extractor to expand the firmware and extract the stock Recovery.img out of it. Then flashed that to the phone via fastboot. Now, I was able to run the stock firmware update via the factory EMUI update app. Once that was done I was able too boot the phone back up and I was suprised to find that it didn't wipe the phone, I guess it ran it as a true "upgrade" instead of a nuke and pave.... BONUS! :cool:

Anyhow, then I was able to flash the new TWRP recovery back in place and now I'm currently creating a backup.... which if I had taken the time to do in the first place none of this would have happend. Oh, well... who needs more than 3 hours of sleep..... its not like I work full time and have 5 kids under 5 :silly:

Hope this helps someone who gets flash happy and forgets to make a back up like I did!

Justin
Where can you download the stock firmware ? and can you please the stock recovery.img for the L24
Thank you

TNScrambler

Oct 3, 2010
Knoxville
www.efienginesupply.com
Where can you download the stock firmware ? and can you please the stock recovery.img for the L24
Thank you
As stated above on the link to the stock firmware.... I can post the stock recovery image tonight, its at home on my computer, but it'll probably be faster for you to download that extractor tool and pull it out yourself.... I posted the link to the tool earlier.

Feb 17, 2016
Restored Succesfully

Just FYI, this backup worked for me to restore on a KIW-L21 (European Honor 5X). What I did was to first make a backup, which created the proper folder structure and I then copied these backup files into that folder, replacing what was in there. Restore took about a minute and then phone booted in about 3. Thanks alot for this!

Reactions: bob24260

Arobase40

Nov 22, 2010
Just FYI, this backup worked for me to restore on a KIW-L21 (European Honor 5X). What I did was to first make a backup, which created the proper folder structure and I then copied these backup files into that folder, replacing what was in there. Restore took about a minute and then phone booted in about 3. Thanks alot for this!
I can confirm that it works with KIW-L21 too.

edit: after that my twrp didn't work correctly. Apparently there are some twrps that don't work with some devices.
I reinstalled twrp with this file http://forum.xda-developers.com/honor-5x/development/root-kiw-l24-usa-kiwi-t3305190
After everything was fine.
What difference is there between KIW-L24 and KIW-L21 firmware ?