[UNSTABLE][ROM][11.0][UNOFFICIAL]LineageOS 18.1 [26-March-2022]

Search This thread
LineageOS-Dark-Logo.jpg

LineageOS is an open-source Android distribution, is available for several devices, with more being continuously added thanks to the biggest, yet ever growing, Android open-source community.

This release is UNSTABLE

Changelog
  • Camera fix (almost)
  • Import moto sensors

Download: LineageOS-18.1

I moved to different telegram channel. For more updates join
here

Bugs
  • Camera Crashes
  • IMEI null

Source
Almost daily updates will be available till the device is STABLE

By Ghost Reborn!!!

Last edited:

supermanlives

Apr 3, 2022
I know it's early but installed 18.1 20220402-UNOFFICIAL. Tried installing open-gapps-arm64 pico but indicated not correct for device (using twrp 3.2.3-r1-athene-arm64). Tried open-gapps-arm pico. Booted ok but sluggish and rebooted a couple of times. Any suggestions?

Petter24

Mar 23, 2022
I know it's early but installed 18.1 20220402-UNOFFICIAL. Tried installing open-gapps-arm64 pico but indicated not correct for device (using twrp 3.2.3-r1-athene-arm64). Tried open-gapps-arm pico. Booted ok but sluggish and rebooted a couple of times. Any suggestions?
You need to Clean after install the ROM

supermanlives

Apr 3, 2022
You need to Clean after install the ROM
Thanks. I believe I've done that and things remain slow and at some point freezes and reboots. To possibly help further, here is what I've done.
  • in twrp recovery, wipe > format data (and advanced wipe all partitions as well)
  • use adb sideload for lineage-18.1-20220402-UNOFFICIAL-athene.zip, wipe Davlik Cache, wipe Cache
  • use similar adb sideload for open_gapps-arm-11.0-pico-20220215.zip
  • reboot system
Goes through Google setup (sluggish). After going through setup, response continues sluggish overall (settings, etc.). Just doing something like change to dark mode in settings resulted in a freeze then reboot.

I've also installed just the rom without any gapps, rom works well, and is responsive as expected (I'm only using wifi so need for celluar functions).

Not sure if gapps is the cause or gapps with the rom (given it's work in progress).

In any case, happy to test out lineage 18.1 on this device as I'm merely playing around.

Other info:
Running to twrp 3.5.2_9-0 (3.2.3-r1-athene-arm64-rajatgupta-1998) (I was running ArrowOS before trying L18.1).

I run LineageOS on Samsung Note 3, Nexus 7 2013, and Samsung S5 so not new to roms but not claiming being an expert either (dangerous enough to bring newer life to older devices thanks to great devs) :)

Last edited:

chuy19312

Sep 12, 2019
Goes through Google setup (sluggish). After going through setup, response continues sluggish overall (settings, etc.). Just doing something like change to dark mode in settings resulted in a freeze then reboot.

I've also installed just the rom without any gapps, rom works well, and is responsive as expected (I'm only using wifi so need for celluar functions).

Not sure if gapps is the cause or gapps with the rom (given it's work in progress).

In any case, happy to test out lineage 18.1 on this device as I'm merely playing around.

Other info:
Running to twrp 3.5.2_9-0 (3.2.3-r1-athene-arm64-rajatgupta-1998) (I was running ArrowOS before trying L18.1).

I run LineageOS on Samsung Note 3, Nexus 7 2013, and Samsung S5 so not new to roms but not claiming being an expert either (dangerous enough to bring newer life to older devices thanks to great devs) :)
Try with MindTheGapps instead of OpenGApps to check if it works well

Reactions: Petter24

chuy19312

Sep 12, 2019
Thanks but no better. Also tried BitGapps as well. So far, no version of gapps is stable on this release for this device.
I think it's an rom/device problem because i tried android 11 roms on an HTC One M8 and GApps were working perfectly, even on an beta OpenGApps version

Edit: i think for now you can use MicroG as an alternative for GApps to check if it works, use Nanodroid Patcher then Nanodroid MicroG

Edit 2: Use LiteGApps Go version

Last edited:

chuy19312

Sep 12, 2019
Well, it's so sad that there are no news about this rom, especially since one of the important developers did quit because he/she got his/her Telegram account reported

I want to know. Is there someone working on this rom nowadays? i want to know since i can know if i can wait or directly stop waiting and keep on my actual rom

Edit: What happened to the Testing Hub? as far as i know, there was even an android 12 beta.

chuy19312

Sep 12, 2019

Ghost Reborn!!! please come back! We need you! This phone still has some life left in it and many thanks for your awesome work so far!​

Sadly, one of the developers that were working on this rom is out, got his/her Telegram account got reported by an Telegram group and got tired of things like that, the worst thing is that he/she was the one that was working really hard on porting android 11 and even trying to make android 12 work

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    LineageOS-Dark-Logo.jpg

LineageOS is an open-source Android distribution, is available for several devices, with more being continuously added thanks to the biggest, yet ever growing, Android open-source community.

This release is UNSTABLE

Changelog
    • Camera fix (almost)
    • Import moto sensors

Download: LineageOS-18.1

I moved to different telegram channel. For more updates join
    here

Bugs
    • Camera Crashes
    • IMEI null

Source
    Almost daily updates will be available till the device is STABLE

By Ghost Reborn!!!
    Woow, thanks!

But when I go to download, file doesn't exists!
    As i read on the Telegram Athene group, rom was so unstable so it has to be removed, but i think we will get this rom soon

Other info:

Try with MindTheGapps instead of OpenGApps to check if it works well