• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[UNSUPPORTED] [KERNEL] ON-OR Kernel for STOCK H7 (GCC Linaro 4.9.3) [PLK-L01]

Search This thread

samcro94

Aug 16, 2014
PARIS
sorry, I wasn't really clear.
download the STOCK_B140_BOOT.zip from the first post. extract it, plug the phone in
then run:

Code:
fastboot flash boot boot_140.img
fastboot reboot

as for the battery drain, what are the high users of battery?
mine has been mostly idle (using the G4 as my main), but it's still at 45% after 2 days 11 hrs
Hi, battery drain was with android system
i tried
-illinois
-fiops
-bluactiv

Now back to cubic/cfq/ondemand ,seems ok
Will stay like this for the moment....and try other experiences later !
If you (or someone else) have suggestions........

Reactions: sminki

sminki

Feb 18, 2012
hard shoulders of reality
Hi, battery drain was with android system
i tried
-illinois
-fiops
-bluactiv

Now back to cubic/cfq/ondemand ,seems ok
Will stay like this for the moment....and try other experiences later !
If you (or someone else) have suggestions........

Yeah, that's the stock config :eek:
I'm running:
westwood (popular with other kernel devs)
bfq
ondemand

bluactiv doesn't seem stable at all, and it was the only one that compiled with untouched Huawei source :mad:

Last edited:
Reactions: baderfgt

mamboboy

May 7, 2011
Hi , i tried but device not found in recovery mode
here is the twrp i use, no bootloop
https://www.dropbox.com/s/n50okepdvljglk2/TWRP_Honor7_EN.img?dl=1%22

Can confirm it works with this TWRP.

The first one I had was TWRP 2.8.7.0 ALL 5.0.2 from the Honor 7 Multi-Tool, and I ended up getting stuck in a boot loop.

Tried it again with the above linked TWRP and it booted just fine.

My battery drain was horrific on stock kernel so will report back on how it fairs with this one. :good:

Reactions: Bad2hold and sminki

sminki

Feb 18, 2012
Twrp is very strange on Honor.

Yes, the two TWRP versions floating around this forum and the net that say it's Honor 7 are not actually built for the H7, the English one is for the P8 and the Chinese one is for the MediaPadX2

I don't know what happens with B170 and the MM beta..

This is my current task, to try and sort this mess out :silly:

Reactions: baderfgt

sminki

Feb 18, 2012
workin' on a proper TWRP and tryin' to build a device tree for L01-Version in my little freetime ... it's a lot left feh sure ... maybe someday :) will report when it's time to load on github

same here, compiled one yesterday, boots to recovery twrp splash screen, then it seems to keep restarting recovery, by which i mean the splash appears again, then again, forever :p (init ?)

Last edited:
Reactions: N!KE26 and baderfgt

waliej

Mar 12, 2010
Yes, the two TWRP versions floating around this forum and the net that say it's Honor 7 are not actually built for the H7, the English one is for the P8 and the Chinese one is for the MediaPadX2

I have PLK-AL10 chinease version of HONOR 7.

From chinease forum:
TWRP for 5.0.2:
https://mega.nz/#!UF4CgQSb!E2oK2RRCJL2D0WF1WETho8ivg4KCBXy5FW_NPQdFp3Y

TWRP for 5.1.1 (for me 6.0 beta too):
https://mega.nz/#!YFwnjQKa!9nJOg6Rk-6IKnasWDxwsgWSDii7PO77Sg7d-twEn6Ko

English theme and language (put in TWRP/theme):
https://mega.nz/#!xUwSSZSa!szrB3CtvHINXlEm5dlBBkbjmVepYylGJ1U--dxuVbpc

They might work better (this is TeamKangvip HRT).

Reactions: sminki

sminki

Feb 18, 2012
thanks @waliej
i made one today with the 6 kernel, it works on my B140 (5.0.2), I was going to post it shortly for people to test ;)

it has the right names in the default.prop, which i think is important for using update zips with 'hardware' checks

Last edited:

sminki

Feb 18, 2012
Try it for unlock and root. I have info, that works for Honor 7

As you know, I no longer have the device. But I thought I would add this just in case any one else finds this thread..

We just tried this on a work-mates H7.
It rooted it! Very impressed as previous attempts with KingRoot have failed, but this seemed to work great, and he is now ad-free :D

:good:

inside!out

Aug 10, 2011
Moscow
As you know, I no longer have the device. But I thought I would add this just in case any one else finds this thread..

We just tried this on a work-mates H7.
It rooted it! Very impressed as previous attempts with KingRoot have failed, but this seemed to work great, and he is now ad-free :D

:good:

nice! but we cheked unlock status (Unlocked) but twrp is not flashing, this is soft unlock like DC_unlocker

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Development and support ceased.
    For further explaination, see this post.

Proudly announcing the first custom kernel for the Huawei Honor 7 PLK-L01! :D
    ON-OR H7 Kernel

(yeah, terrible name!)
    attachment.php

Features:
    CPU Governor
    TCP Congestion Algorithms
    • enabled westwood, bic, hybla, vegas, veno, yeah, illinois
    I/O Schedulers
    • added bfq and fiops

Built for use with STOCK ROMS - it's all we have right now :p
    Built with gcc-linaro-4.9-2014.11-x86_64_aarch64-linux-gnu

Instructions:
    you need an unlocked bootloader!
    you need TWRP recovery!
    you need to be running B140*
    you need to know how to get back to a stock boot image, should you need to! - stock B140 boot attached.
    if you don't know what all that means, find out, there's plenty of threads on it!
    1. download UPDATE-ON-OR-Kernel.zip
    2. install via TWRP
    3. reboot

Kernel features can be enabled by apps such as Kernel Adiutor (ROOT)
    If you want to enable settings on boot, you'll have to add the app to the protected apps and startup manager in system setting.

Notes:
    please do not post elsewhere, link to this post.
    i did not break your device, i never touched it!
    this is my first publicly released kernel (i built some sony ones back in 2012 for my own usage) - i am not a dev, i am a linux admin by trade :p
    a number of other governors were tried, none would compile "out of the box"
    * tested on B140 only by me - if you want to test it on another system version just make sure you have a stock boot.img and know how to get back via fastboot!
    edit: added attachment - stock B170 boot as someone will probably need it.
    edit: the install method is not what i wanted. it's a crude hack, just like our twrp! it turns out the twrp version we are using is for the GRACE handset, so i've had to fudge the installer script to verify that device name. Please do not run this on a GRACE, it will break it!

GNU GPL Compliance:
    Original Source
    My GIT

enjoy.. :fingers-crossed:

All stock recovery and boot images for PLK-L01 can be found here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/honor-7/general/stock-plk-l01-boot-recovery-images-t3290348

Added the [EXPERIMENTAL] tag - woke this morning and phone was in unwake-able sleep! - seems to be related to bluactive, so avoid using that governor!
    Development ceased.
    For those who are not aware of my troubles over the last month, I had to get a warranty replacement phone. Since receiving it, I have been completely let down by huawei who are unable to supply a bootloader unlock code by any means, or for that matter any genuine customer service. Due to this I can no longer continue to work on this device :(

My humble apologies to all you on this sub-forum. I was really enjoying learning and posting stuff for you guys to mess around with, although ultimately it's the manufacturer that has really let us down.
    workin' on a proper TWRP and tryin' to build a device tree for L01-Version in my little freetime ... it's a lot left feh sure ... maybe someday :) will report when it's time to load on github

Sent from my PLK-L01 using XDA Premium HD app

same here, compiled one yesterday, boots to recovery twrp splash screen, then it seems to keep restarting recovery, by which i mean the splash appears again, then again, forever :p (init ?)
    sorry, no. time for someone else to take over.
    Try it for unlock and root. I have info, that works for Honor 7