[UPD 25.11][APP][MOD][FIXED][ROOT] DeskClock.apk fixed and ICS Fonts!

Search This thread

DaXmax

Sep 16, 2008
Singapore
Hi, everyone... I notice that people dont like Sonnysekhon's ICS v1.5 theme becuz of the deskclock time cant be seen... But no worries anymore!

ZduneX25 has actually implent a fix for this since his first meizu theme and miui theme released... So im here to tell u more... Every DeskClock is universal for certain devices like:

Droid X Motoblur Alarm deskclock can be usable on the LG Optimus One P500 CyanogenMod 7.1...

Get it?

But this time i only release for the hdpi... Test it and give feedback! If u like it, press thanks!

Remember! To test this u need to use a theme with stable image background or transparency...

Credits to ZDuneX25

Ok guys, this deskclock.apk i uploading is universal, backup ur original...

Download

(RECOMMENDED TO USE ON CM NIGHTLIES!)

And here it is! Thanks to Z25! Anyone up to create a flashable zip?

http://www.mediafire.com/?cx2wjccf24jswfg

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

How to install?!!! (Im a NOOB and i need help immediately?!!!!!!!!)

1. Get a Root Explorer
2. Download the apk above
2b. Mount to r/w (ReWritable)
3. Copy the DeskClock.apk to System/App
4. Set permission to 644 (The picture is just for illustration)

1916d1281389775-theme-mini-goes-black-permissions.png

5. Close Root Explorer
6. Do a Hot Reboot or Cold one and ur done!

Screenshots

screenshot1322162676702.png

Update:

v1

-Initial Release
-Thanks to ZduneX25

v2

-Added ICS AndroidClock.ttf (Font)

Last edited:

anoneemooz

Aug 17, 2010
San Juan
I'm curious to know what edit/s have to be made for this. :) I use Alarm Clock Plus but it also suffers the same problem as deskclock. So I'll probably mod and resign it to fix it for me.

Thanks for this btw!

Edit: after a bit of playing around, I found this... is the /transparent the only change made? I compared xmls and saw this difference so far :)
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<selector
  xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android">
    <item android:state_pressed="false" android:drawable="@android:color/transparent" />
    <item android:state_pressed="true" android:drawable="@drawable/list_selector_background_pressed" />
</selector>

Last edited:

DaXmax

Sep 16, 2008
Singapore
I'm curious to know what edit/s have to be made for this. :) I use Alarm Clock Plus but it also suffers the same problem as deskclock. So I'll probably mod and resign it to fix it for me.

Thanks for this btw!

Edit: after a bit of playing around, I found this... is the /transparent the only change made? I compared xmls and saw this difference so far :)
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<selector
  xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android">
    <item android:state_pressed="false" android:drawable="@android:color/transparent" />
    <item android:state_pressed="true" android:drawable="@drawable/list_selector_background_pressed" />
</selector>

Yes... This is recommended for ICS Theme

Y314K

Dec 29, 2008
Samsung Galaxy A32 5G
Step 4

If I replace the DeskClock.apk on the rom .zip I use before installation ... Do I still need to do Step 4 permission to 644 or can that be ignored if installing this .apk straight from rom flash???

Last edited:

DaXmax

Sep 16, 2008
Singapore
If I replace the DeskClock.apk on the rom .zip I use before installation ... Do I still need to do Step 4 permission to 644 or can that be ignored if installing this .apk straight from rom flash???

U can ask someone or a dev to add this into rom and no u cant install like a normal apk cuz this is a system app...

vido.ardes

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 22, 2008
UK

Why don't you just try it? People are far too afraid of doing things themselves these days

Sent from my Incredible S using xda premium

MrDSL

Nov 17, 2006
Dax have you thought about making this applicable via metamorph? It could be done on the fly..

Of course I am assuming this is the same fix that just replaces a layout.xml file in the apk

DaXmax

Sep 16, 2008
Singapore
Dax have you thought about making this applicable via metamorph? It could be done on the fly..

Of course I am assuming this is the same fix that just replaces a layout.xml file in the apk

Hmm, maybe can try... But im no good in xml editor, anyone up to it?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi, everyone... I notice that people dont like Sonnysekhon's ICS v1.5 theme becuz of the deskclock time cant be seen... But no worries anymore!

ZduneX25 has actually implent a fix for this since his first meizu theme and miui theme released... So im here to tell u more... Every DeskClock is universal for certain devices like:

Droid X Motoblur Alarm deskclock can be usable on the LG Optimus One P500 CyanogenMod 7.1...

Get it?

But this time i only release for the hdpi... Test it and give feedback! If u like it, press thanks!

Remember! To test this u need to use a theme with stable image background or transparency...

Credits to ZDuneX25

Ok guys, this deskclock.apk i uploading is universal, backup ur original...

Download

(RECOMMENDED TO USE ON CM NIGHTLIES!)

And here it is! Thanks to Z25! Anyone up to create a flashable zip?

http://www.mediafire.com/?cx2wjccf24jswfg

How to install?!!! (Im a NOOB and i need help immediately?!!!!!!!!)

1. Get a Root Explorer
    2. Download the apk above
    2b. Mount to r/w (ReWritable)
    3. Copy the DeskClock.apk to System/App

1916d1281389775-theme-mini-goes-black-permissions.png

5. Close Root Explorer
    6. Do a Hot Reboot or Cold one and ur done!

Screenshots

screenshot1322162676702.png

Update:

v1

-Initial Release
    -Thanks to ZduneX25

v2

-Added ICS AndroidClock.ttf (Font)

C:\android>cd platform-tools

C:\android\platform-tools>adb remount
    remount succeeded

C:\android\platform-tools>adb push DeskClock.apk /system/app
    1284 KB/s (273537 bytes in 0.208s)

and you don't even need to reboot
    @DaxElectro there will be update for your thread :p I modded Mms.apk, Talk.apk and Settings.apk

You know that am working on ICS theme and I use dark poups, so I had to make text on those windows light, but cm team used too global colors..

Anyway I fixed it I replaced black text with:
    Mms - emotions menu text color
    Settings - widget picker text color

textAppearanceLargeInverse ;) it's black for normal themes and now now you can make it white for dark themes like mine ICS :) just redirect:

from
    <style name="TextAppearance.Large.Inverse" parent="@android:style/TextAppearance.Large">
    <item name="android:textColor">?android:textColorPrimaryInverse</item>
    <item name="android:textColorHint">?android:textColorHintInverse</item>
    </style>
    to
    <style name="TextAppearance.Large.Inverse" parent="@android:style/TextAppearance.Large">
    <item name="android:textColor">#ffffffff</item>
    <item name="android:textColorHint">?android:textColorHintInverse</item>
    </style>

result (I themed it using theme chooser) it was impossible to theme it with theme chooser before ;):

50159772.png
    42364640.png
    78281497.png

40138039.png
    11269497.png
    65879588.png
    Glad that you are enjoying it :p
    Try this with metamorph..You may get a fc on deskclock but either just trying again or worse case rebooting will work.