• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[UPD][9 Dec 2008] M2D OperatorSettings 0.4 - extra launcher tab for Manila 2D

Search This thread

avellant

Sep 12, 2007
another calendar teaser

attachment.php

Attachments

• calTeaser2.jpg
    calTeaser2.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 781

moddin

Feb 8, 2008
NY
Wow man that was "the one" (pu intended) thing missing from manilla. Now it is complete or should I say the "Prophecy has begun."
BTW the calendar tab is a different tab than the launcher just with the same icon right?

avellant

Sep 12, 2007
Wow man that was "the one" (pu intended) thing missing from manilla. Now it is complete or should I say the "Prophecy has begun."
BTW the calendar tab is a different tab than the launcher just with the same icon right?

yes, "Prophecy has begun." :D

it's same operator tab than the launcher uses, so you have either extra launcher or calendar. it's still little clumsy, because each time you want to refresh appointments you have restart manila2d, i don't know a way to go around this. but i think it will still serve quite good and the icon can be changed :)

btw. I don't want to complain but i haven't yet seen any donations ( and with touchlaunch i have only got 7 euros ) :(

avellant

Sep 12, 2007
Pardon, if this works with Manila2D 19b for all devices, than you can have any donations from me. But now, it doesn`t.

Sorry, i didn't mean to be aggressive, and sorry about your issues. So, you have non htc device? have you tried newest version and clicked "rebuild layout"?
you said that you can see the items in registry?
if so, there must be something funny about htchomesettings.xml file in version 19.. if can send me ([email protected]) the file i could look it up.. i wouldn't like to have downgrade my m2d for this.

Last edited:

Dr4g0n75

Mar 6, 2008
Raleigh

it's same operator tab than the launcher uses, so you have either extra launcher or calendar. it's still little clumsy, because each time you want to refresh appointments you have restart manila2d, i don't know a way to go around this. but i think it will still serve quite good and the icon can be changed :)

btw. I don't want to complain but i haven't yet seen any donations ( and with touchlaunch i have only got 7 euros ) :(

maybe you can set a schedule for manilla to reboot... perhaps user defined times when they arent using thier phones... for me i would like it to refresh before i wake up so all my appointments will be there...

p.s. i would donate but i only have pocket change in the bank and i dont get paid for another 2 weeks... i'm one broke mofo... if things turn around for me ill throw you some money... i know youre working hard on this..

thanks

moddin

Feb 8, 2008
NY

As soon as I get it to work donation on the way, even with all the stuff you said to do I couldn't get it to work probably because im using version 20. I cant get 21 because mine is built into rom which is a lot of peoples concern and I have 3 addons to manilla, the "fix," digital clock and proxy patch for weather to work.

Too bad its the same tab for calendar and launcher because they both seem great addons (when I could get them to work)

BTW I meant to write "pun intended" I should spellcheck.

Section9

Dec 18, 2007
This is gonna be great. I was debating whether to install M2D control to show Calender and notes vie SPB Diary.

If the calender works, then I wouldn't need to install 2 more software just to show my appointments.

Pardon me for my suggestion: M2D must have some sorta way to 'refresh' its tabs eg, sms, emails, time or even dates without restarting the whole program itself.

Could the answer lies somewhere within these tabs?

Sorry for sounding stupid, I'm just a normal user.

oldsap

Apr 4, 2006
oldsap.blogspot.com
i've coded a simple application to change the launcher icons for the operator settings tab.
M2D OTicon
There are bugs.
- some images does not show up in the launcher, maybe someone can point out what the criteria should be (size? dimension? type?)

NEO130

Jul 12, 2007
Sorry, i didn't mean to be aggressive, and sorry about your issues. So, you have non htc device? have you tried newest version and clicked "rebuild layout"?
you said that you can see the items in registry?
if so, there must be something funny about htchomesettings.xml file in version 19.. if can send me ([email protected]) the file i could look it up.. i wouldn't like to have downgrade my m2d for this.

Your E-Mail is wrong. Come back from Delivery Server

Attachments

• HTCHomeSettings.zip
    8.2 KB · Views: 25

avellant

Sep 12, 2007
Thanks all for comments and for support :)

maybe you can set a schedule for manilla to reboot... perhaps user defined times when they arent using thier phones... for me i would like it to refresh before i wake up so all my appointments will be there...
That's a great idea.

Too bad its the same tab for calendar and launcher because they both seem great addons (when I could get them to work)
It's simply because all the widgets are build-in in m2d, so there's no way to add extra tabs without modifying manila binaries and i am not so talented :(

Pardon me for my suggestion: M2D must have some sorta way to 'refresh' its tabs eg, sms, emails, time or even dates without restarting the whole program itself.

Could the answer lies somewhere within these tabs?

Sorry for sounding stupid, I'm just a normal user.
I think so too, just i haven't found a way doing so orhaven't heard anyone found a way doing so. Also programs tab can be refreshed without reseting whole m2d. There must be some functions that can be called, i need know to which they are and also how to call them.

i've coded a simple application to change the launcher icons for the operator settings tab.
M2D OTicon
There are bugs.
- some images does not show up in the launcher, maybe someone can point out what the criteria should be (size? dimension? type?)
Nice work. There's a setting in htchomesettings.xml
Code:
<Property name="IDOPERATORWG_GRIDBTNICON_DIMENSION" id="12" value="32" />
this defines iconsize.

Your E-Mail is wrong. Come back from Delivery Server
Sorry, but it should be right, you erased ERASETHIS part?
Thanks for the file!

NEO130

Jul 12, 2007
Try this file it's modified on only with operatorwidget part, so if you use themes, it should not effect them. I think it going to work :D

I`am so sorry for your action, but it doesn`t go. A little bit better. Now on the screen is Launcher and than in german "Bitte warten" or please wait. I don`t no where the prob is, but it doesn`t matter. Thanks dear avellant :eek:

loydcoyl

Apr 28, 2008
Before install this app ...with this app can i change to tab music from manilla 2D with another program? example S2P
Scrolling tab-tab music-open S2P.It's impossiple?

Hi,

I don't know what i'm doing wrong here.
I've installed M2D Operator Setting, it creates and activate the tab with the name i specify, but i cannot add any item. also when i specify the number of row and tab, say apply, and restart M2D Operator Setting, the values are gone.
also nothing has been done in the operator tab. and i cannot add any item if i select add from start or add custom nothing happens...

I've read here that therer are different version of M2D and that could be the problem. How do i find out my version?

thanks

claus1953

Aug 15, 2008
Hi,

I don't know what i'm doing wrong here.
I've installed M2D Operator Setting, it creates and activate the tab with the name i specify, but i cannot add any item. also when i specify the number of row and tab, say apply, and restart M2D Operator Setting, the values are gone.
also nothing has been done in the operator tab. and i cannot add any item if i select add from start or add custom nothing happens...

I've read here that therer are different version of M2D and that could be the problem. How do i find out my version?

thanks

Check on the bottom of the settings tab, there you find the M2D version you have. You need at least version 19b to make the operator tab to work. Better is version 20.

moddin

Feb 8, 2008
NY
BOTH calendar and laucher at same time

When you install all the way fix to be able to install the digital clock for the home tab. It renders your program useless somehow probably because manilla's code changes. Strange enough that even when it did work I did not have the "add buttons" on the launcher tab, but it could just be because I have version 20 in my rom.

Also I think the manilla development has stopped so there wont be anymore updates and the future doesn't look to bright.

Updated to version 21 and its just as I thought the fix i mentioned above kills your program in that it doesn't let you select any new programs. Had to uninstall, I need the digital clock lol the tiny analog is useless in sunlight.

Maybe to be able to use both your launcher and calendar you can replace your launcher tab with the default one and use the calendar on the operator tab (or maybe I dont know what im talking about)

Question to everyone are you guys all actually using the analog clock?

avellant

Sep 12, 2007
Maybe to be able to use both your launcher and calendar you can replace your launcher tab with the default one and use the calendar on the operator tab (or maybe I dont know what im talking about)
You're exactly right :) you can always use default launcher tab, but operator tab can only be used either as extra launcher or as calendar.

I'm going to study about issue with digital clock fix...

avellant

Sep 12, 2007
Digital clock fix

I made my own modified digital clock cab, that doesn't corrupt htchomesettings.xml. I uploaded it on the first post. Do not install any other fixes/mods that modifies htchomesettings.xml, if you want to get operator tab functionally.

Last edited: