• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[UPD][9 Dec 2008] M2D OperatorSettings 0.4 - extra launcher tab for Manila 2D

Search This thread

Ed Zakhary

Feb 5, 2009
I am having the same problem- I can't get the operator tab to work. I really need help please- Love M2d, but I NEED THIS TAB. I am using a samsung Omnia. I tried both M2d version 19b and 21. Installed operator settings 4.0 and MDC, but no icons show in the operator tab, and nothing in operator settings to allow me to add links, so I can't use it. I tried installing the digital clock patch, but that makes M2D inoperable (it goes into the loop of saying "tap here to launch", you tap it says "launching M2D" then "Tap here to launch" again. Tried rebuilding, no good. I know other people have had the same problem, read every thread I could- the only suggestions I saw were to install the clock patch and to install a more recent version of M2D. If someone can give me the right build of M2D to go with Operator settings 4 so that they work together, or even better, a patch or cab that helps the operator tab to work, I would SO appreciate it.

vanilaguy

Sep 26, 2008
blank launcher page

im using htc touch elfin with dsixda onyx 4.2 ultimate beta 2. i installed this cab and added programs to it using the operator settings. i clicked on rebuild. i tried everything that Ed did. restarted my phone as well. but the launcher page remains blank. any help?

launcher.jpg

Last edited:

claus1953

Aug 15, 2008
im using htc touch elfin with dsixda onyx 4.2 ultimate beta 2. i installed this cab and added programs to it using the operator settings. i clicked on rebuild. i tried everything that Ed did. restarted my phone as well. but the launcher page remains blank. any help?

launcher.jpg

This ROM has an older M2D version, you need to upgrade M2D to version 20

shstormont

Apr 12, 2009
I have a Cingular 8125 (HTC Wizard) which I am running Manila 2D 1.00.1819.2926 on. This version came installed on the cooked rom that I flashed. The way I understand it, my version is too old to run M2D OperatorSettings .4, correct? When I choose to change the number of rows and columns and then click "Rebuild layout", I just get dumped to the Programs menu. If I reload the program and then go to the "Items" tab, the selection box is empty.

I downloaded m2d operatorsettings.exe version .1 and with that, the "Items" box is not empty, but there are only 18 options, and I want to use the full 45)

I do have .NET compact 3.5 installed.

For the life of me, I can't figure out which is the correct build/link to download to upgrade to either .20 or .21 so that I can use "M2D OperatorSettings" on my phone.

Thanks for the help!

avellant

Sep 12, 2007
Hello everybody!

Sorry, I haven't been around much for some time. But now i'm back and planning to go forward with calendar function.

I updated my elf's rom to Onyx Ultimate 4.4.3, and it has older m2d that i used had. So i fronted same problem that many has reported here: the blank tab, icons no text.
I got operatortab working by partly updating my M2D to version 23. I made this CAB if someone wants to try same.
I don't give any warranties for this tab, and i recommend not try it if your m2d isn't on the rom, because otherwise uninstalling it will corrupt your m2d.

karaern

May 24, 2008
beyond northern pole
perfect

Your launcher works better than the M2D programs one , especially in WM6.5 Programs Launcher is soo slow. Yours Operaor LAUNCHER IS FAR MORE FASTER and ALL PROGRAMS scroll is almost PERFECT. so i got an idea; maybe it will be better your cab file to replace the m2d programs launcher and to change the ALL PROGRAMS parts as you have manage to make it (better will be with large icons).
IT shall be perfect !
tnx in advance

wapvirus

Jan 24, 2008
London
Same here!!

@avellant:
You're doing a great job!
Congratulations!

Edit:
Take a look at this:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=508102
Hope it can be ported to M2D soon!

This is already ported but only i russian look here
http://www.modaco.com/content/i9x0-...escreenplugins-to-manila-homescreen-tutorial/

Sorry, I haven't been around much for some time. But now i'm back and planning to go forward with calendar function.

I updated my elf's rom to Onyx Ultimate 4.4.3, and it has older m2d that i used had. So i fronted same problem that many has reported here: the blank tab, icons no text.
I got operatortab working by partly updating my M2D to version 23. I made this CAB if someone wants to try same.
I don't give any warranties for this tab, and i recommend not try it if your m2d isn't on the rom, because otherwise uninstalling it will corrupt your m2d.

Looking Forward to Calendar Great addition to Manila 2d thanks

Last edited: