[UPD] New GCam 7.4 Release With Some AUX Support!

Surfeur-des-Reves

Jun 21, 2008
Hey,

If you feel frustrated by the low-light performance of your new OP8 Pro, , just give a shot to this new GCam release, with support for most recent (OnePlus) devices, great AWB and awesome night mode. (I am not the app developer, just an enthousiastic end-user happy to share it!)

Make sure you select this version:

---------------------------------------------------------------
Changelog:
Based on: B-S-G and Arnova8G2 GCam 7.4.104

Changes:
• Final version
• Added isDefaultsLite device config by default
• Added new icons and styles
• Changed Etalon7+ lib to NR57W15T17 (Thanks UserX)
• Updated translations (Thanks Contributors)
• Fixed and improved Pixel Binning viewfinder button
• Fixed AUX video crash, need enabled restart first (Thanks tigr)
• Some small changes and fixes
---------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE: Changed to a different GCam release, from another developer (Nikita), which provides a more recent app release, with better global results. Just give it a try! :)

[N00b m0de 0N] I made an XML that you could load to the app to get everything set perfect, so you can play with it immediately, file is attached to this thread. Make sure you have created a 'GCam' folder in your internal storage, as well as a 'Configs7' subfolder, and copy the xml file inside this subfolder (or just unzip the attached file to your internal memory, the folder/subfolder should be created). Then just load my file by double-clicking on the black area of the GCam app, near the shutter button. [N00b m0de 0FF]

Attachments

Last edited:

hitesh03

Oct 17, 2011
Hey,

If you feel frustrated by the low-light performance of your new OP8 Pro, , just give a shot to this new GCam release, with support for most recent OnePlus/OPPO (Nord, 8 / 8 Pro...) flagships, great AWB and awesome night mode.

https://f.celsoazevedo.com/file/cfiles/gcm1/Gcam7.3.018_Greatness.Build2.0.apk

I've managed to get wide-angle and tele to work perfect with our 8 Pro, as well as great quality from those 3 lenses, especially the primary one. Front cam works good as well.

[N00b m0de 0N] I made an XML that you could load to the app to get everything set perfect, so you can play with it immediately, file is attached to this thread. Make sure you have created a 'GCam' folder in your internal storage, as well as a 'Configs7' subfolder, and copy the xml file inside this subfolder. Then just load my file by double-clicking on the black area of the GCam app, near the shutter button. [N00b m0de 0FF]

Hi Thanks for such a wonderful Gcam. But Astrophotography is missing how can I add it. Oh Sorry got it it's there ?

Last edited:
Reactions: dolfet15

names

Jun 28, 2013
Always excited to try a new GCam and Config against the stock camera. When sampling a couple captures, I am noticing a yellow tint vs stock in low light. Anyone else with the same result / suggestions on tweaking to correct for this effect?

Surfeur-des-Reves

Jun 21, 2008
Always excited to try a new GCam and Config against the stock camera. When sampling a couple captures, I am noticing a yellow tint vs stock in low light. Anyone else with the same result / suggestions on tweaking to correct for this effect?
Hi names,

Not getting any specific yellow tint in 'normal' low light on my side, except maybe in extremely dark / near obscurity which gets slightly orange (not the normal night scenery you would capture, anyway). It's definitely related to the AWB, so I suggest you try some other options in the settings if you get this yellow tint, but it might also be that the device lens cannot even "guess" the white balance if too dark to capture. However, if you don't get this yellow tint with stock, as you mention, then it's definitely something you may want to tweak in your GCam AWB settings. Good luck and please share your results with us :)

Last edited:
Reactions: names

dladz

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Have to say, video in the dark compared to photo is awful on the 8pro camera, be er noticed it before , Superb in the day but at night it's pants.

Thanks for adding this..will give it a shot. Cheers

Edit: installed, working well. Will test tonight.

Never seen that photosphere before, that's nifty. Anyway to actually view them images though? Gallery just shows like half an image.

Great camera though

Last edited:

Surfeur-des-Reves

Jun 21, 2008
Gonna give her a test drive with your settings.
Edit: some photo comparisons. I believe I've uploaded in the proper order so as to tell which camera is which.

http://imgur.com/a/EjVIkCe
Hi, thank you for your feedback and for adding those pictures, interesting to compare. As you can see, contrasts are slightly boosted, which results in a bit darker photos, something you can counterbalance to some extent by adding +2 brightness in your settings. It depends on people's preference though, and I personally tend to prefer photos with more contrasts in general, which makes them look a bit more 'dramatic'.

But where this GCam will shine compared to the stock app is definitely in low-light / night-time scenarios, so I invite you to compare both apps and check the results carefully. You should be able to see how vastly superior GCam app is, in terms of noise, dark areas coming back to life, details. As some say, it's like switching on the light in the middle of the night, but better see by yourself :)

Reactions: cundiffr01

cultofluna

Nov 25, 2015
I have another GCam version and if this one is like the one I use it's great in low light compared to stock. It's not even comparable at how bad stock is (everything is red).
Ive used any gcam but i found stock always better...on any condition..
Or maybe you have a magic gcam:D