• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[UPD] New GCam 8.2 MOD With AUX Support!

Search This thread

Surfeur-des-Reves

Jun 21, 2008
Original Post UPDATED with LATEST BSG GCam for our OnePlus 8 Pro.

Still 8.1 version, but fixes a few things and brings more natural colours. XML improves noise reduction on all 3 back lenses while retaining a lot of details.

BSG will release another update, in the future, which will allow full control over the Front lens (which is currently not available on his release). This should allow to soften the skin tones and make it more pleasant, for example...

Stay Tuned! :)

Attachments

• NiCkAM8PRO.zip
    2.9 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
Reactions: alone_in_dark

Surfeur-des-Reves

Jun 21, 2008
Do you have any actual changes on this xml one or is it just the new version?
Hi bud,

Well, here is the latest app 'update log':
- fixed work of ColorTransform
- changed the parameter "quality of extended HDR +" (added new correction algorithms, division into photo modes).
- fixed the work of additional lenses on some devices.
- Fixed minor bugs in the modification.

Concerning the XML settings file, there would be too many (small) changes to list them all. But all I can say is the latest XML, included in this post, provides some better colour reproduction, with a bit less saturation than before (the ColourTransform options have been changed), and more pleasant Reds, Greens & Blues. Some Developer parameters have been modified too, as well as some minor modifications in the RamPatcher area for all 3 main back lenses, and the JPG quality setting has been reverted back to 'Default' (95%), as I could not really see any visible improvement (even at a pixel level) when checking files saved at a higher setting.

I'd recommend to always stick with the latest XML, but I would also recommend to experiment with your own settings as well... :)

Attachments

• NiCkAM8PRO V2.3.zip
    6.2 KB · Views: 52

Surfeur-des-Reves

Jun 21, 2008
Daylight Shot Comparison - Stock Cam / GCam (with custom XML)

Wide-Angle:

Main Lens:

Tele Lens:
(GCam offers a 2.2x zoom instead of 3x for the stock app, hence the image ratio difference)

I'll try to post some more comparisons later, especially in dark conditions, as it is where GCam performs better than stock app, especially at recovering details and lighting up shadowy areas.

• Love
Reactions: Lycidias

rodken

Jan 11, 2010
Google Pixel XL
OnePlus 8
Original Post UPDATED with LATEST BSG GCam for our OnePlus 8 Pro.

Still 8.1 version, but fixes a few things and brings more natural colours. XML improves noise reduction on all 3 back lenses while retaining a lot of details.

BSG will release another update, in the future, which will allow full control over the Front lens (which is currently not available on his release). This should allow to soften the skin tones and make it more pleasant, for example...

Stay Tuned! :)
Compatible with the OP8 5G UW?

Surfeur-des-Reves

Jun 21, 2008
Low-Light Shot Comparison - Stock Cam / GCam (with custom XML)

Wide-Angle:

Main Lens:

Tele Lens:
(GCam offers a 2.2x zoom instead of 3x for the stock app, hence the image ratio difference)

> On all 3 pictures, Stock OnePlus camera app decided to use HDR mode automatically, in order to boost saturation & contrasts.

> Stock & GCam apps decided where to focus by themselves, not the user.

> There is nothing artistic in those pictures, it's just an IQ comparison...

> None of the apps used any "Night" features, only the main photo mode.

> None of the 2 apps perform brilliantly in low-light scenario, still... you decide :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Lycidias

Surfeur-des-Reves

Jun 21, 2008
Compatible with the OP8 5G UW?
Yes, this GCAM (snap version) is compatible with the Wide-Angle lens from our device.

However, you mention that your phone is a OP8, not a OP8 Pro, so you will certainly have to make some modifications in my XML settings file, and bear in mind that when using Ultra-Wide lens on GCam, there is no in-app fix for distortion.

Reactions: rodken

arvylas

Mar 14, 2012
Athens!!
OnePlus 8 Pro
Hi bud,

Well, here is the latest app 'update log':
- fixed work of ColorTransform
- changed the parameter "quality of extended HDR +" (added new correction algorithms, division into photo modes).
- fixed the work of additional lenses on some devices.
- Fixed minor bugs in the modification.

Concerning the XML settings file, there would be too many (small) changes to list them all. But all I can say is the latest XML, included in this post, provides some better colour reproduction, with a bit less saturation than before (the ColourTransform options have been changed), and more pleasant Reds, Greens & Blues. Some Developer parameters have been modified too, as well as some minor modifications in the RamPatcher area for all 3 main back lenses, and the JPG quality setting has been reverted back to 'Default' (95%), as I could not really see any visible improvement (even at a pixel level) when checking files saved at a higher setting.

I'd recommend to always stick with the latest XML, but I would also recommend to experiment with your own settings as well... :)
So you use 2 different xml files for daytime and nightshot? I noticed that with the regular xml there's a green tint in nightshot which doesn't happen with the nightshot xml.

Reactions: Surfeur-des-Reves

Surfeur-des-Reves

Jun 21, 2008
So you use 2 different xml files for daytime and nightshot? I noticed that with the regular xml there's a green tint in nightshot which doesn't happen with the nightshot xml.
Okay, thanks for this feedback. May I ask what exact version of the app you use (GVw, or older)? What version of the XML (v2.3, or older)? I used to have this green tint on older versions of the app & xml, too, not much anymore...

Anyway, you may try something:

Go to the GCam app settings > Additional Module Settings > Settings Back Lens (1.0) > ColorTransform. Click the first option at the top, then try with another color profile. I went for the V50 one, as it offered the best compromise to me, but you may find another profile better for your needs. Once you get the profile you prefer, make sure you apply it to the other lenses too. As we use an app not officially made for your device, it is all trials & errors, we must experiment, but that's part of the "fun".

Edit: sorry, I did not read your message carefully. So you get this green tint in nightshots only with my V2.3 xml. Well, that could be because the NightShot xml activates Google's Auto-White Balance by default in the settings. So, when you use the other xml, at night or under low-light / artificial lights, it is recommended that you use the AWB (in the app settings, top-screen button).

Hope it helps!

Last edited:

almsur

Apr 4, 2015
Which GCam do you think is better for the OP8Pro?

I personally use the Nikita NGCam 7.4 v2.0 snap. It is the only one that has the 3 lens and you can increase the exposure +0.2 and the saturation 1.25.

There are other good GCam like Arnova 8.1.101, but it doesn't give you that options and in my opinion the photos are a bit dark and too saturated and it's really complicated to change it.

Also there's Nikita NGCam 8.1 v1.1, but I prefer the 7.4 results.

Reactions: Surfeur-des-Reves

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello Community,

A tiny update, for those who still follow this thread:

Wichaya dev' recently released V1.4 of his GCAM app, so I spent a bit of time re-working my own XML, for our OnePlus 8 Pro.

From his own V1.4 Change-Log:
    - Added some missing language
    - Added some more HDR tuning in rampatcher
    - Added S21U and V60 AWB
    - Added camera.catshark_enabled_permanent for permanent auto night sight button always show
    - Fixed rampatcher not apply when noise model is off
    - Some codes changed

Here is my Custom V1.1 XML (APK + XML): https://ufile.io/hicmy1fx

Hope it'll be useful for some of you.

Cheers! :)
    ** Greatness GCAM Update with NiCkAM8PRO V1.5 Custom XML Settings **

Download: https://ufile.io/69o0kewb

Changelog:
    - Added New NMs and AWBs
    - If all files access is not given prior, you will be automatically taken to required screen while restoring xml
    - Added Experimental Options in Rampatcher (Don't use without knowledge/proper testing)
    - Added new dev parameters
    - (Some) UW distortion correction. (Still not 100%perfect , but possibly better than before)

Several small improvements to my Custom XML file, still a work-in-progress of course...

>>> LONG PRESS on the Miniature Gallery Picture (bottom-right of main screen) to CHANGE the ISO/EXPOSURE TIME <<<

Hope you enjoy, Cheers! :)
    Hello Fellow GCamers,

Here's the latest B.S.G GCAM Mod for our OnePlus 8 Pro. It comes with a new XML as well, which is my personal experiment at providing the best mix of SPEED and QUALITY that I could get. No HDR+ here, only INSTANT shutter delay (in 'normal mode), to 'imitate' the stock camera app...

Download (APK + Custom Settings): https://ufile.io/fjn2b6p7

The XML folder has CHANGED, so you need to copy my settings to /Download/MGC.8.1.101_Configs/

No need for users to keep being still for a second or two while capturing their shot! Of course, you can always revert back to the full HDR+ capture method by pressing the top arrow on the main screen and selecting 'HDR+Advanced' (possibly in low-light scenarios). :)

Hope some of you will enjoy it! Cheers ^_^

EDIT: My mistake, I unfortunately forgot to disable the HDRNET function of the app, which caused several issues... Settings & upload link are now updated!
    Anyone have a mirror for download? OP is expired without paying a fee
    Hello buddy, here is an updated link for the whole pack of GCAM mods, and thanks for letting me know that the original link was expired: https://ufile.io/7sow31k6

Cheers! :)
    Great to see a new release ☺️ 💪
    I switched to Evo X and now I don't know the folder structure.. where do I need to put the XML?😆
    GCam/Configs8... If those folders don´t exist you have to create them.
    Hello OnePlus Addicts,

Here is a Custom-Made SUPER-PACK of some of the newest Google Camera Mods available out there, which contains the work of several developers such as Greatness (Rakin), B-S-G, P.Z.D and Wichaya.

Please, keep in mind that I am not an app developer, myself, just an enthousiastic end-user happy to share the good stuff!

/// https://ufile.io/achcv3zj \\\

>>> The included XML configuration profiles are made for ONEPLUS 8 PRO ONLY! Using them on another device may result in some serious bugs, crashes, and it will definitely not bring you the same user experience... <<<

1) Just download the file above, unzip it, then install the apk file of your choice on your device.

2) Extract the appropriate xml configuration file, as well as its folder, to your phone internal storage.

3) Then, just start the app, give the necessary privileges, double-click on the lower black area near the 'shutter' button of the app, it should allow you to load custom profiles. Select my xml, press ok, done! :)

Some of these mods are based on the very latest Google Camera V8.2 version, and they come with Face Detection, Face Retouch (both Front & Back sensors), great color reproduction, low noise, excellent details (especially on the main back sensor), FHD & 4K videos @ 30/60FPS with OIS/EIS stabilization, Night Shots, Astro-Photography, Portrait and more...

However, there is still no Distortion Correction/Fix on Wide-Angle sensor, on any GCam mod I have tried sor far actually. This might come in the future, but it seems to be quite hard for devs to implement in their respective mods. This can be fixed by some apps in post-editing anyway...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are some 'hidden' shortcuts in some of these GCam mods! For example, with Greatness and P.Z.D, you can access the (very useful) Exposure/ISO menu by long-pressing the circle 'gallery' button on the lower-right of the main app screen, which will provide you with a choice of ISO settings, as well as Exposure choices. The lower the ISO, the better the final picture quality, but it will take more time to 'capture' your image. The same goes for Exposure; the longer the time, the better your image (and the lower iso at the same time), but you may have to be steady if you go lower than 1/10s.

A long-press on the Camera-Switch button (on Greatness Mod), on the lower-left of the main app screen, will directly bring you to the App Settings.

Double-Press the viewfinder itself will zoom 2x to what you want to shoot, and will display the Zoom Bar at the bottom, so you can finely adjust it!

There is also a 'Sunset' shortcut on the main screen/viewfinder (Greatness Mod), just above the 3 back sensors, which should theoretically bring better color reproduction and lighting to your sunsets.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

** NO Need to be ROOT **

Learn more about GCam and How to Master it: https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/p/f/2021/05/GCam-Handbook.pdf

Learn more about RamPatcher settings (BSG MGC): https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/dev-bsg/help/2/

Have Fun!
    In an effort to make it easier for everyone to get all the APKs and custom XML profiles in one same download, here is a SUPER-PACK which contains all 4 Google Camera mods & all their respective custom profiles for OnePlus 8 Pro:

/// https://ufile.io/ke1459bi \\\

If you enjoy my work, feel free to say 'Thank you' as well as a 'Thumbs Up', allllwayyys appreciated! ^_^
    A tiny little update for 'B.S.G GCam profiles pack' that might fix some noise artefacts in some low-light scenarios. If you are fine with previous V5.1, then it's fine, if not, you could try this one :)
    Hello buddies,

Currently in a short trip but I have some good news for you; Greatness developer managed to publish a new version of his Google Camera Mod, oriented toward the OnePlus 7, 8 and 9 series, with AUX support (yes, Wide & Tele work perfectly on it!), Face Retouch as well, low noise, nice picture, OIS stabilization when taking shots, and much more...

Greatness Modified Google Camera V8.2, with NiCkAM8PRO V1.2 Profile: https://ufile.io/7z7fgpch

1) MAKE SURE YOU FULLY UNINSTALL any other Google Camera app that you may have on your phone before installing this one. ALSO COPY THE 'CONFIGS8' FOLDER in my zip file inside of your (preexisting or not) GCAM folder of your phone storage.

2) First time you start the App, grant the needed privileges, then go to the Settings, Advanced, scroll down then select XML Configs, and click the top option with the yellow sign, which should allow the app to 'read/write' custom profile configuration files on your device.

3) Go back to the main GCam screen, then DOUBLE-PRESS the black area AROUND the SHUTTER button, this will allow you to LOAD my XML configuration file.

4) Select it, then ENJOY this great mod!

Took me some time to set this one up, but here it is... Hope you guys will enjoy it as much as I do! :)
    Well, I've just been away for a day and already plenty of new messages here... Cool! :)

Not sure I have an answer for everything and everyone, but I'll try to help...

To start with, here is version 3.0 of the GCam app: https://ufile.io/mlcr7jp0

It is NOT (yet) available on Celso's website, so you can enjoy it before everyone else through my link. It brings several improvements found in the settings, compared to V1 and V2.

It seems some of you got problems enabling and using the Wide & Tele sensors. Well, they work fine on my device, and my guess is that some of you may have downloaded a slightly different version than the one I indicated. By the way, I use O² OS version 11.0.5.5, and I am rooted.

Concerning 'Motion' function, it is called 'Live Photo' in this app, and you can enable it in 'Setting up the mod' part of the Settings. I don't use it at all, so I can't tell if it works, but it seems to be there.

I've spent some more time trying to get the most natural colors from this app, with pictures giving plenty of details, some contrasts, as well as details in the shadows, all this with controlled noise. You can simply download my newest V1.2 xml profile, hope you'll enjoy it! ;-)

Saturation & Vibrancy have been kept LOW, so you get a Flat picture that you can easily post-edit with any app, like Snapseed or Photoshop Express on Play Store. Reds, Greens and Blues are not 'boosted', contrary to the stock app, so you may need to either 1) raise those values in the GCam app if you like saturated results, with the risk of losing authentic colours that may matter for some subjects or 2) simply post-edit your pictures, which takes seconds when you get used to it.

It's still a work-in-progress, but I am starting to really like this new GCam mod...