• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[UPD] New GCam 8.2 MOD With AUX Support!

Search This thread

Surfeur-des-Reves

Jun 21, 2008
*** UPDATE ***

Due to some bugs and limitations in past/current B-S-G Google Camera releases, I've decided to stop working on it for now.

Instead, I'll focus on another Modified Google Camera (MGC) from P-Z-D team, based on latest Google Camera 8.2. Their mod' offers tons of interesting features, starting with exposure (alleluia!) & library shortcuts on main screen, a re-designed and modern-looking interface, a lot of settings to get the most of our device, and even the 'Face Retouch' function seems to work fine on this one!

Here is a link to the app, currently in V2: https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/dev-P-Z-D/f/dl1/

Make sure you download the GCam_8.2.204_P-Z-D.v.2_orange_Snap_multi.apk, as it already contains several libs in it.

I've been working a few hours on it tonight to provide you with an XML file. Yes, just one. Why? Simply because the shortcut to Exposure/ISO settings right on the main screen makes the whole concept of multiple profiles pretty much useless. You can just long-press on the 'gallery' at the bottom-right of the main screen to get this Exposure/ISO menu and choose whatever you need. Well, for those who still don't understand this menu much and feel safer with multiple presets, I'll make some, later.

Just remember to activate Auto White-Balance (AWB) when you use Night/Astro mode, to get stabilized for the shot, and to focus on the brightest light of the scenery (that will keep bightness down and enhance the contrasts while preserving details). You can also very well use the normal Photo mode even for night shots, just make sure you set ISO to 200 (or long exposure).

I'd really like to get your feedback on this new MGCamera, so I'd know if it's still worth sharing my work here or not. Thanks! :)

Attachments

• NiCkAM8PRO V1.0 - PZD MGC.zip
    13.5 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:

Lycidias

Jan 17, 2013
OnePlus 8 Pro
*** UPDATE ***

Due to some bugs and limitations in past/current B-S-G Google Camera releases, I've decided to stop working on it for now.

Instead, I'll focus on another Modified Google Camera (MGC) from P-Z-D team, based on latest Google Camera 8.2. Their mod' offers tons of interesting features, starting with exposure (alleluia!) & library shortcuts on main screen, a re-designed and modern-looking interface, a lot of settings to get the most of our device, and even the 'Face Retouch' function seems to work fine on this one!

Here is a link to the app, currently in V2: https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/dev-P-Z-D/f/dl1/

Make sure you download the GCam_8.2.204_P-Z-D.v.2_orange_Snap_multi.apk, as it already contains several libs in it.

I've been working a few hours on it tonight to provide you with an XML file. Yes, just one. Why? Simply because the shortcut to Exposure/ISO settings right on the main screen makes the whole concept of multiple profiles pretty much useless. You can just long-press on the 'gallery' at the bottom-right of the main screen to get this Exposure/ISO menu and choose whatever you need. Well, for those who still don't understand this menu much and feel safer with multiple presets, I'll make some, later.

Just remember to activate Auto White-Balance (AWB) when you use Night/Astro mode, to get stabilized for the shot, and to focus on the brightest light of the scenery (that will keep bightness down and enhance the contrasts while preserving details). You can also very well use the normal Photo mode even for night shots, just make sure you set ISO to 200 (or long exposure).

I'd really like to get your feedback on this new MGCamera, so I'd know if it's still worth sharing my work here or not. Thanks! :)
Sadly I am not a great photographer or image quality geek but you configs are always worth sharing here! Thank you very much for your work 😊

Btw: when I click import config, the NiCkAM8PRO V1.0 - PZD MGC.xml file becomes a zero bytes empty file... What I am doing wrong ?

Last edited:
Reactions: Surfeur-des-Reves

Surfeur-des-Reves

Jun 21, 2008
Sadly I am not a great photographer or image quality geek but you configs are always worth sharing here! Thank you very much for Our work 😊

Btw: when I click import config, the NiCkAM8PRO V1.0 - PZD MGC.xml file becomes a zero bytes empty file... What I am doing wrong ?
Thanks for the kind words. Actually, you simply have to extract my zip file to the root of your device, it should automatically create the 'ConfigsSettings8.2' folder that is needed by this P-Z-D Google Camera application (the 'old' GCam folder is not needed anymore).

Then, you simply double-click on the black area at the bottom of the main screen, and it should detect my custom xml and allow you to load the configuration. Select it, done!

Make sure you download my latest V1.1 xml custom profile, not the previous one.

Enjoy shooting! :)

Edit: Small fix in the code.

Attachments

• NiCkAM8PRO V1.1 - P.Z.D MGC.zip
    13.9 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:

Surfeur-des-Reves

Jun 21, 2008
So this one produces better pictures?
I's suggest you simply try it. It doesn't have to fully replace the stock app, it can just provide a different experience and different results.

From my very own experience, it usually does better than the stock app. By the way, I edited my previous post as I forgot to deactivate an option in V1.1, so I just fixed it. Please try and experiment by yourself, and maybe tweak it so it matches your preference too.

Last edited:

Lycidias

Jan 17, 2013
OnePlus 8 Pro
Thanks for the kind words. Actually, you simply have to extract my zip file to the root of your device, it should automatically create the 'ConfigsSettings8.2' folder that is needed by this P-Z-D Google Camera application (the 'old' GCam folder is not needed anymore).

Then, you simply double-click on the black area at the bottom of the main screen, and it should detect my custom xml and allow you to load the configuration. Select it, done!

I really love your configs because they offer a easy to use good gcam experience 😊

Thanks, the double click on black area was a good hint !

arvylas

Mar 14, 2012
Athens!!
OnePlus 8 Pro

Already from the v1 it produces very pixel-like photos. I really like this after almost 3 years with a pixel phone. Nice job

• Love

D2Dchris

I did install Gcam 8.2 on my One Plus 8 Pro, running Android 11 (latest update: OP8Pro_o2_BETA_11). But the telephoto and wide angle lenses do not work.

APK: GCam_8.2.204_P-Z-D.v.2_orange_Snap2_multi.apk
Selected the xml posted by Surfeur-des-Reves in the camera app: NiCkAM8PRO V1.1 - P.Z.D MGC.xml
Also I was able the setup the righthand toggles for different lens-ID's.
But when switching to the telephoto or wide angle, the camera preview is just black and the gcam app force closes after 5 second.

Fikul

Mar 25, 2011
Mysłowice
OnePlus 9 Pro
I did install Gcam 8.2 on my One Plus 8 Pro, running Android 11 (latest update: OP8Pro_o2_BETA_11). But the telephoto and wide angle lenses do not work.

APK: GCam_8.2.204_P-Z-D.v.2_orange_Snap2_multi.apk
Selected the xml posted by Surfeur-des-Reves in the camera app: NiCkAM8PRO V1.1 - P.Z.D MGC.xml
Also I was able the setup the righthand toggles for different lens-ID's.
But when switching to the telephoto or wide angle, the camera preview is just black and the gcam app force closes after 5 second.
I have the same issue to. Spent about hour to make ultra wide camera work but nothing...

Surfeur-des-Reves

Jun 21, 2008
Well, I've just been away for a day and already plenty of new messages here... Cool! :)

Not sure I have an answer for everything and everyone, but I'll try to help...

To start with, here is version 3.0 of the GCam app: https://ufile.io/mlcr7jp0

It is NOT (yet) available on Celso's website, so you can enjoy it before everyone else through my link. It brings several improvements found in the settings, compared to V1 and V2.

It seems some of you got problems enabling and using the Wide & Tele sensors. Well, they work fine on my device, and my guess is that some of you may have downloaded a slightly different version than the one I indicated. By the way, I use O² OS version 11.0.5.5, and I am rooted.

Concerning 'Motion' function, it is called 'Live Photo' in this app, and you can enable it in 'Setting up the mod' part of the Settings. I don't use it at all, so I can't tell if it works, but it seems to be there.

I've spent some more time trying to get the most natural colors from this app, with pictures giving plenty of details, some contrasts, as well as details in the shadows, all this with controlled noise. You can simply download my newest V1.2 xml profile, hope you'll enjoy it! ;-)

Saturation & Vibrancy have been kept LOW, so you get a Flat picture that you can easily post-edit with any app, like Snapseed or Photoshop Express on Play Store. Reds, Greens and Blues are not 'boosted', contrary to the stock app, so you may need to either 1) raise those values in the GCam app if you like saturated results, with the risk of losing authentic colours that may matter for some subjects or 2) simply post-edit your pictures, which takes seconds when you get used to it.

It's still a work-in-progress, but I am starting to really like this new GCam mod...

Attachments

• NiCkAM8PRO V1.2 - P.Z.D MGC Profile.zip
    14.5 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:

Perseush

Jun 30, 2012
Boat City, Poland
Thanks you for this great work! Thanks to you i dived into gcam world and love my 8pro again.
Using V3 and 1.2 profile already and I noticed that Custom Library called "HDR_quality" is giving me more natural look than default Google library. I think that default library produces a little bit washed out colors, or maybe it's just mine phone? What do you think guys?

kountry83

Mar 5, 2011
Baytown
Thanks you for this great work! Thanks to you i dived into gcam world and love my 8pro again.
Using V3 and 1.2 profile already and I noticed that Custom Library called "HDR_quality" is giving me more natural look than default Google library. I think that default library produces a little bit washed out colors, or maybe it's just mine phone? What do you think guys?
Where did you find the custom library and do you load it?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    In an effort to make it easier for everyone to get all the APKs and custom XML profiles in one same download, here is a SUPER-PACK which contains all 4 Google Camera mods & all their respective custom profiles for OnePlus 8 Pro:

/// https://ufile.io/ke1459bi \\\

If you enjoy my work, feel free to say 'Thank you' as well as a 'Thumbs Up', allllwayyys appreciated! ^_^
    Hello buddies,

Currently in a short trip but I have some good news for you; Greatness developer managed to publish a new version of his Google Camera Mod, oriented toward the OnePlus 7, 8 and 9 series, with AUX support (yes, Wide & Tele work perfectly on it!), Face Retouch as well, low noise, nice picture, OIS stabilization when taking shots, and much more...

Greatness Modified Google Camera V8.2, with NiCkAM8PRO V1.2 Profile: https://ufile.io/7z7fgpch

1) MAKE SURE YOU FULLY UNINSTALL any other Google Camera app that you may have on your phone before installing this one. ALSO COPY THE 'CONFIGS8' FOLDER in my zip file inside of your (preexisting or not) GCAM folder of your phone storage.

2) First time you start the App, grant the needed privileges, then go to the Settings, Advanced, scroll down then select XML Configs, and click the top option with the yellow sign, which should allow the app to 'read/write' custom profile configuration files on your device.

3) Go back to the main GCam screen, then DOUBLE-PRESS the black area AROUND the SHUTTER button, this will allow you to LOAD my XML configuration file.

4) Select it, then ENJOY this great mod!

Took me some time to set this one up, but here it is... Hope you guys will enjoy it as much as I do! :)
    A tiny little update for 'B.S.G GCam profiles pack' that might fix some noise artefacts in some low-light scenarios. If you are fine with previous V5.1, then it's fine, if not, you could try this one :)
    Latest NiCkAM8PRO V5.0 Profile Pack Update, with tons of values re-written (and I'm too lazy to sum them all, as I've spent hours making this pack already, lol). This GCam is, by far, the hardest one to configure for our device...

APK + Custom Profiles available here: https://ufile.io/t7vj225h

As always, you should uninstall any other GCam mod (Snap version) that you currently have on your device, then you install this apk, extract the 'GCam' folder which contains the xml files to set the app up, then start the app, and press the black area around the shutter button twice to load the config files.

Enjoy! :)
    Few shots taken yesterday in a park:
    OnePlus 8 Pro, P.Z.D V3 with NiCkAM8PRO xml profile, some post-editing.
    Hello OnePlus Addicts,

Here is a Custom-Made SUPER-PACK of some of the newest Google Camera Mods available out there, which contains the work of several developers such as Greatness (Rakin), B-S-G, P.Z.D and Wichaya.

Please, keep in mind that I am not an app developer, myself, just an enthousiastic end-user happy to share the good stuff!

/// https://ufile.io/cg74d9q1 \\\

>>> The included XML configuration profiles are made for ONEPLUS 8 PRO ONLY! Using them on another device may result in some serious bugs, crashes, and it will definitely not bring you the same user experience... <<<

1) Just download the file above, unzip it, then install the apk file of your choice on your device.

2) Extract the appropriate xml configuration file, as well as its folder, to your phone internal storage.

3) Then, just start the app, give the necessary privileges, double-click on the lower black area near the 'shutter' button of the app, it should allow you to load custom profiles. Select my xml, press ok, done! :)

Some of these mods are based on the very latest Google Camera V8.2 version, and they come with Face Detection, Face Retouch (both Front & Back sensors), great color reproduction, low noise, excellent details (especially on the main back sensor), FHD & 4K videos @ 30/60FPS with OIS/EIS stabilization, Night Shots, Astro-Photography, Portrait and more...

However, there is still no Distortion Correction/Fix on Wide-Angle sensor, on any GCam mod I have tried sor far actually. This might come in the future, but it seems to be quite hard for devs to implement in their respective mods. This can be fixed by some apps in post-editing anyway...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are some 'hidden' shortcuts in some of these GCam mods! For example, with Greatness and P.Z.D, you can access the (very useful) Exposure/ISO menu by long-pressing the circle 'gallery' button on the lower-right of the main app screen, which will provide you with a choice of ISO settings, as well as Exposure choices. The lower the ISO, the better the final picture quality, but it will take more time to 'capture' your image. The same goes for Exposure; the longer the time, the better your image (and the lower iso at the same time), but you may have to be steady if you go lower than 1/10s.

A long-press on the Camera-Switch button (on Greatness Mod), on the lower-left of the main app screen, will directly bring you to the App Settings.

Double-Press the viewfinder itself will zoom 2x to what you want to shoot, and will display the Zoom Bar at the bottom, so you can finely adjust it!

There is also a 'Sunset' shortcut on the main screen/viewfinder (Greatness Mod), just above the 3 back sensors, which should theoretically bring better color reproduction and lighting to your sunsets.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

** NO Need to be ROOT **

Learn more about GCam and How to Master it: https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/p/f/2021/05/GCam-Handbook.pdf

Learn more about RamPatcher settings (BSG MGC): https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/dev-bsg/help/2/

Have Fun!
    In an effort to make it easier for everyone to get all the APKs and custom XML profiles in one same download, here is a SUPER-PACK which contains all 4 Google Camera mods & all their respective custom profiles for OnePlus 8 Pro:

/// https://ufile.io/ke1459bi \\\

If you enjoy my work, feel free to say 'Thank you' as well as a 'Thumbs Up', allllwayyys appreciated! ^_^
    A tiny little update for 'B.S.G GCam profiles pack' that might fix some noise artefacts in some low-light scenarios. If you are fine with previous V5.1, then it's fine, if not, you could try this one :)
    Hello buddies,

Currently in a short trip but I have some good news for you; Greatness developer managed to publish a new version of his Google Camera Mod, oriented toward the OnePlus 7, 8 and 9 series, with AUX support (yes, Wide & Tele work perfectly on it!), Face Retouch as well, low noise, nice picture, OIS stabilization when taking shots, and much more...

Greatness Modified Google Camera V8.2, with NiCkAM8PRO V1.2 Profile: https://ufile.io/7z7fgpch

1) MAKE SURE YOU FULLY UNINSTALL any other Google Camera app that you may have on your phone before installing this one. ALSO COPY THE 'CONFIGS8' FOLDER in my zip file inside of your (preexisting or not) GCAM folder of your phone storage.

2) First time you start the App, grant the needed privileges, then go to the Settings, Advanced, scroll down then select XML Configs, and click the top option with the yellow sign, which should allow the app to 'read/write' custom profile configuration files on your device.

3) Go back to the main GCam screen, then DOUBLE-PRESS the black area AROUND the SHUTTER button, this will allow you to LOAD my XML configuration file.

4) Select it, then ENJOY this great mod!

Took me some time to set this one up, but here it is... Hope you guys will enjoy it as much as I do! :)
    Well, I've just been away for a day and already plenty of new messages here... Cool! :)

Not sure I have an answer for everything and everyone, but I'll try to help...

To start with, here is version 3.0 of the GCam app: https://ufile.io/mlcr7jp0

It is NOT (yet) available on Celso's website, so you can enjoy it before everyone else through my link. It brings several improvements found in the settings, compared to V1 and V2.

It seems some of you got problems enabling and using the Wide & Tele sensors. Well, they work fine on my device, and my guess is that some of you may have downloaded a slightly different version than the one I indicated. By the way, I use O² OS version 11.0.5.5, and I am rooted.

Concerning 'Motion' function, it is called 'Live Photo' in this app, and you can enable it in 'Setting up the mod' part of the Settings. I don't use it at all, so I can't tell if it works, but it seems to be there.

I've spent some more time trying to get the most natural colors from this app, with pictures giving plenty of details, some contrasts, as well as details in the shadows, all this with controlled noise. You can simply download my newest V1.2 xml profile, hope you'll enjoy it! ;-)

Saturation & Vibrancy have been kept LOW, so you get a Flat picture that you can easily post-edit with any app, like Snapseed or Photoshop Express on Play Store. Reds, Greens and Blues are not 'boosted', contrary to the stock app, so you may need to either 1) raise those values in the GCam app if you like saturated results, with the risk of losing authentic colours that may matter for some subjects or 2) simply post-edit your pictures, which takes seconds when you get used to it.

It's still a work-in-progress, but I am starting to really like this new GCam mod...