[UPD] New GCam Release With Some AUX Support!

Search This thread

Surfeur-des-Reves

Jun 21, 2008
I have 2 weird problems.
1st sometimes when I open the app the circle loader appears like the one that appears when hdr is processing even though I haven't done anything yet.
2nd sometimes when I press the shutter button nothing happens for 5-10 seconds and then the photo is captured.
Hello, thanks for trying this app (I'm not the developer, just sharing it here).

As said a few posts above, your problem might be related to Android 11, as I'm not facing this with this app and xml with my A10 Oneplus 8 Pro (I'm willingly keeping A10, for better compatibility with Gcam apps). Anyway, you might want to try something in the settings. First, go to Advanced, then to Device Model, and finally try to change the Interface Style to another one. This may affect the IQ results you get with this app too, so it's just an experimental workaround.

Hope it helps.

arvylas

Mar 14, 2012
Athens!!
OnePlus 8 Pro
Hello, thanks for trying this app (I'm not the developer, just sharing it here).

As said a few posts above, your problem might be related to Android 11, as I'm not facing this with this app and xml with my A10 Oneplus 8 Pro (I'm willingly keeping A10, for better compatibility with Gcam apps). Anyway, you might want to try something in the settings. First, go to Advanced, then to Device Model, and finally try to change the Interface Style to another one. This may affect the IQ results you get with this app too, so it's just an experimental workaround.

Hope it helps.
Thanks for the suggestions. I know you're not the dev I just posted here in case someone else has any idea/suggestion.

Reactions: Surfeur-des-Reves

Surfeur-des-Reves

Jun 21, 2008
Just FYI. The latest bsg camera works great with OOS 11 with good aux support.

Thanks for this good news for OOS11 users! I've been testing it too, and I'm not as lucky as you are, even after setting the app to my device, I am getting some pretty bad results with my shots. However, yes, the 3 AUX lenses work well!

Sly4pb

Sep 17, 2015
I have installed it, created 2 folders, moved XML file, but when I want to apply it, I get "Device out of storage" message which is not true, got 200gb free :unsure:

Attachments

• photo_2021-03-08_18-59-24.jpg
    photo_2021-03-08_18-59-24.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 44

Surfeur-des-Reves

Jun 21, 2008
Thanks man. So under App permissions, under "Files and media" allow access to all files, not only media files. This did the trick for me.

Still, this version crashes for me. Can't change to either wide or telephoto camera.

If you still get some crashes when switching from one lens to another, it might be worth tweaking the settings, even delete all cache & app settings to dev defaults and see if it solves your issue. Working like a charm for me, but I understand one mod may work better for some, not for everyone. If you found another release that works fine on your device, you should stick to it.

devsk

Dec 14, 2008
Using the latest 8.1 with the attached XML,

1. It offers 3 cameras but selecting wide or tele just force closes the camera app. Only one camera works!
2. Video preview screen is zoomed in. What's recorded is not what you see on the screen
3. The slowmo is recorded at 30fps but stored as 3.7fps (at 1/8th speed). That's not slowmo. It should record at 240fps and store at 30fps, like the native camera does.

Does anybody know of any fixes for any of these?

Surfeur-des-Reves

Jun 21, 2008
Well, I don't understand why some of you get crashes when switching lens, here are 3 pix, each one using each available sensor, using my device. Are you rooted? Using A10? A11?

Attachments

• PXL_20210311_080851882.jpg
    PXL_20210311_080851882.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 13
  • PXL_20210311_080859930.jpg
    PXL_20210311_080859930.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 13
  • PXL_20210311_080908234.jpg
    PXL_20210311_080908234.jpg
    5.8 MB · Views: 12

Surfeur-des-Reves

Jun 21, 2008
I tried few of them on non rooted 11.0.4.4. Nikita 8.1 works, but it has some kind of lag when changing to other 2 cameras
May I ask how you got the 3 main sensors working on Nikita 8.1x release? I'm using the latest, and all I have is 1x (Main) and 2x (just a digital zoom of the main sensor, not the real Tele sensor, from what I can see). Thanks

Sly4pb

Sep 17, 2015
May I ask how you got the 3 main sensors working on Nikita 8.1x release? I'm using the latest, and all I have is 1x O(Main) and 2x (just a digital zoom of the main sensor, not the real Tele sensor, from what I can see). Thanks
I am noob for these things but I just downloaded this version. Found configs in Telegram group and that's it

Attachments

• NGCam v2.0.xml
    55.7 KB · Views: 19
Reactions: Surfeur-des-Reves

Surfeur-des-Reves

Jun 21, 2008
I am noob for these things but I just downloaded this version. Found configs in Telegram group and that's it

Thanks for sharing, unfortunately, using the exact same version as you and the same XML file brings me only this: 1x is main sensor and 2x is just a digital zoom of it, no other sensor is available, except front cam...
Screenshot_20210314-000005.jpg

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So I just purchased an Oneplus 8 Pro and want to try out the GCAM, which version should I download?
    Well, a smart first move would be to begin with the release provided in the original post (1st page). Just follow the steps, download the 'Snapcam' version of the apk, download the zip file that contains the XML configuration file as well, install everything on your device. Make sure you read the full first post, as it explains everything, especially if you're not familiar with GCAM on your Android device.

The provided settings (through the XML file) are just here to help, they are my personal preference, but you're advised to start from them and configure the rest to your liking :)

Remember, GCAM is especially useful for low-light shots, and at night. The stock app already does quite a good job for daylight shots.
    After testing, I can confirm this too, thanks for letting us know. Still, if you compare one shot with the 2.2x "magic" Super-Res from GCam and one with the 3x Telephoto lens, you'll see that the 2.2x offers (to me) just about the same amount of sharpness in the final result, but with a much better IQ overall, as it uses the main lens to take the shot (hence more and better light & contrasts, colours, WB, even details...). Your point is relevant tho, this release doesn't use the real telephoto sensor. I don't remember if other releases from other devs use it or not, please let us know if you can check this.
    I agree. With one caveat: in broad daylight outside, the zoom lens offers good close up, which is very useful when you are outdoors and want to get a little bit closer to the subject (a bird, a flower). I would love to see what GCam is able to do with that raw image data.

Also, native camera can not do nightscape on tele lens. If we can convince GCam to do night sight on tele lens, I think it may outshine the main lens + super res zoom, even in low light
    Hey,

If you feel frustrated by the low-light performance of your new OP8 Pro, , just give a shot to this new GCam release, with support for most recent (OnePlus) devices, great AWB and awesome night mode. (I am not the app developer, just an enthousiastic end-user happy to share it!)

>>> MAKE SURE YOU DOWNLOAD & INSTALL THE "SNAPCAM" RELEASE!

---------------------------------------------------------------
    Changelog:
    Based on: B-S-G and Arnova8G2 GCam 7.4.104

Changes:
    • Final version
    • Added isDefaultsLite device config by default
    • Added new icons and styles
    • Changed Etalon7+ lib to NR57W15T17 (Thanks UserX)
    • Updated translations (Thanks Contributors)
    • Fixed and improved Pixel Binning viewfinder button
    • Fixed AUX video crash, need enabled restart first (Thanks tigr)
    • Some small changes and fixes

Notes:
    • Manual device configs are located in "Settings > Advanced > Device model > Input model". This will help you to solve some issues if you faced it on the device I cannot test GCam (e.g. if your shutter button is broken I suggest you to try isDefaultsLite config)
    • isDefaultsLite seems to be better on all devices. So I set it by default. Just remember, that you always able to change it in settings
    • Pixel Binning button now works without restart
    ---------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE: Changed to a GCam version that brings AUX sensors back to Android 11! :)

[N00b m0de 0N] I made an XML that you could load to the app to get everything set perfect, so you can play with it immediately, file is attached to this thread. Make sure you have created a 'GCam' folder in your internal storage, as well as a 'Configs7' subfolder, and copy the xml file inside this subfolder, or simply unzip/extract the attached zip file after you copy it to your root memory storage and extract it. Then just load my file by double-clicking on the black area of the GCam app, near the shutter button. [N00b m0de 0FF]
    Small update of XML file in OP, with some Lib Patchers adjustments, especially for night shots.
    Hey buddies,

After hours of testing different 8.1x, 8.0x and 7.4x releases, I could finally get a GCAM version that works FINE with Android 11, even the AUX sensors work PERFECT (at least on my -Rooted- A11 OOS 11.0.4.4).

Yes, it is NOT based on 8X releases but, as far as I could test and see (and I pixel-peeped a lot!), it is the one that gives the best IQ results and works best on our A11 device. At least for pictures, as I have not been focusing much on the video functions (it works though).

Make sure you use the XML I provided, I've been fine-tuning it for our device :)

Please let me know if it works great for you too!
    UPDATED TO GCAM 8.1 with AUX SUPPORT (XML settings provided!), Enjoy! :)
    Just updated to 11.0.4.4 and yes, the app with xml now crashes as soon as I select a sensor other than main one. At least it will make it easier for me, next time, to provide a fully-working app release & xml for everyone using A11...
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone