[UPD] Super-Pack of Google Camera MODs for OnePlus 8 Pro!

Search This thread

Surfeur-des-Reves

Jun 21, 2008
A slight update of the provided XML file. To me, it performs way better than the stock camera for night shots. And for the rest, you tell me :). I personally believe the stock app still does a better job when it comes to portraits and people in general, putting more light on their face, making them brighter, so the focus is on them.

Last edited:

Surfeur-des-Reves

Jun 21, 2008
So I just purchased an Oneplus 8 Pro and want to try out the GCAM, which version should I download?
Well, a smart first move would be to begin with the release provided in the original post (1st page). Just follow the steps, download the 'Snapcam' version of the apk, download the zip file that contains the XML configuration file as well, install everything on your device. Make sure you read the full first post, as it explains everything, especially if you're not familiar with GCAM on your Android device.

The provided settings (through the XML file) are just here to help, they are my personal preference, but you're advised to start from them and configure the rest to your liking :)

Remember, GCAM is especially useful for low-light shots, and at night. The stock app already does quite a good job for daylight shots.

Surfeur-des-Reves

Jun 21, 2008
Am I blind or there is no "Wide lens correction" on this cam?
There is no wide-angle lens perspective correction on most, if not all, GCam releases for our device. Have just tried the newest GCam MGC 8.1 release, by BSG developer, ( Snapcam version available here: https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/dev-bsg/f/dl11/ ) and it works well with our device, but no distortion correction on this one too.

So, unless I'm proven wrong (and I hope I will!), you should not expect in-app distortion correction from any GCam release. You may be able to get this fixed by some third-app anyway.

Reactions: ps000000

jerzyb40

Aug 15, 2012
Hello World!

Before I place the following link on the first page and replace the existing 7.4 GCam release, I'd like a few people to test this 8.1 GCam backup, which includes the apk installation + all settings and tweaks applied to it.

Why not just include apk and an xml file separately? Simply because this apk is still under development and the dev, BSG, does not allow for the xml import/export function, yet.

So I had to go for a backup of my app + settings through an app called Swift Backup, which some of you probably already know, and you can then restore my data through the app.

** You Need ROOT (only for Swift Backup to work) **

Instructions are not that hard:

// Prerequisite => Make sure you delete any existing GCAM snapcam release you installed on your device before you proceed further! \\

1) Download Swift Backup on Play Store and start it once, grant root if asked, then exit the app. (the app folder and subfolders will be created).
2) Download my backup ( https://easyupload.io/9gdmxz ); using password NiCkAM8PRO
3) Extract the zip file and check that you have 4 files.
4) Copy them into your SwiftBackup \ accounts \ UniqueID \ backups \ apps \ local folder, on your device.
5) Start Swift Backup and use the Restore App function.
6) Make sure the Camera app (org.codeaurora.snapcam) is checked, then Restore it.
7) RESTART YOUR PHONE!
8) Check if the app works fine on your device, and that you get a satisfying image quality with the 3 main lenses. Video should work fine too, and should be (at least) EIS-stabilized.
9) Even if you're happy with the results you get, PLEASE DON'T SHARE those configuration files to other groups/websites for now! It is still in 'Beta' / 'under-construction'...

---------------------

N00b Information:

It is GCAM, so the purpose of it is to get the best possible IQ/details but not necessarily in the most convenient way for some of you. The shutter is not 'instant', so you'll need to wait longer after you take your shot, especially at night and in low-light situations, hence the importance for getting your device stable. Don't blame me, blame Google's HDR+ Enhanced function maybe! ;-)

Auto White-Balance has been turned ON, but you may want to turn it OFF depending on the light conditions. Easy access through the top bar of the app (Google AWB).

Depending on your expectations, you may find that using "Instantaneous HDR+ Enhanced" function, in the Advanced Settings, might be enough for you, so you don't have to hold your phone for too long when taking a snapshot. Quality will be (a bit) lower than real HDR+ though.

Yes, there is no Distortion Correction in-app when using Wide-Angle for now, maybe never. Yes, the Slow-Motion video mode does not work, for now. Dev will be working on it in the future, but it's not his priority at the moment. Yes, you can't choose video bitrate, for now, and this will come in a later update.

'Focus Tracking' in Video mode has been turned OFF, as it will make the app Crash. Don't turn it on for now, it will not work anyway!

---------------------

Thanks for your time and feedback!
Invalid file password.

Reactions: Surfeur-des-Reves

Chris650

Jan 1, 2021
Thanks for your work. I cant install it. It means that this is an update for a existing gcam installation, but i deinstal the old version before. Im non rooted.

Surfeur-des-Reves

Jun 21, 2008
Thanks for your work. I cant install it. It means that this is an update for a existing gcam installation, but i deinstal the old version before. Im non rooted.
Yes, you must fully uninstall any previous GCam that you installed before on your device. This new version cannot be installed as an "update" to any previous GCam release.

devsk

Dec 14, 2008
Is the tele camera really using the tele lens with 3x or is it google's 2.2x? It is easy compare with a photo from native camera with tele lens and gcam's tele lens and see how far out gcam's photo is. Can someone plese confirm?

What does 8.1 bring to the table anyway, compared to 7.4?

Surfeur-des-Reves

Jun 21, 2008
Is the tele camera really using the tele lens with 3x or is it google's 2.2x? It is easy compare with a photo from native camera with tele lens and gcam's tele lens and see how far out gcam's photo is. Can someone plese confirm?

What does 8.1 bring to the table anyway, compared to 7.4?
Hi, as far as I can tell, 2.2x uses the main sensor; it's obvious from the quality you get in low-light shots (as long as you remain steady while shooting). I've done enough comparison with it, between Google 2.2x and stock 3x sensor to know that GCam cannot possibly use the real tele-sensor to provide such IQ. We may lose 0.8x in the process, but it's not a big loss when comparing IQ we get. Please test by yourself, maybe I'm wrong and just being enthusiastic, but from my several tests, I always managed to get better results using GCam (kinda) 'tele' mode.

Concerning the app updates brought by GCam 8.1, here's what we get:

Last edited:

Surfeur-des-Reves

Jun 21, 2008
Small UPDATE - Changelog from Dev:
- Fixed issue with noise in shadows.
- Added Anti-Buffing.
- Changed the problem of sections when the category header was not visible.
- Disabled Logging.
- Minor Issues Fixed.
- Optimized Modification Weight.

XML Settings Updated:
- Changed the HDR+ Device Model to 'Pixel IV' (Flame)
- Adjusted Raw Format for HDR+ to 'RAW10'
- Adjusted Merge Method to 'Wiener Filter'
- Adjusted HDR+ Enhanced Frames Number to 25
- Slightly Adjusted the RamPatcher on some Lenses
- Enabled OpenGL Preview

Keep in mind that the provided settings MUST be adapted depending on what you want to capture (indoor, people, night, daylight...). Therefore, it is best to create several different profiles and switch from one to the other based on what kind of scene you want to capture.

You can also change the 'Libs' in the App Settings and get a softer, or brighter, darker, or sharper picture. 4 Libs are provided, in-app.

Enjoy :)

Last edited:

chowdog123

Feb 9, 2021
OnePlus 8 Pro
Small UPDATE - Changelog from Dev:
- Fixed issue with noise in shadows.
- Added Anti-Buffing.
- Changed the problem of sections when the category header was not visible.
- Disabled Logging.
- Minor Issues Fixed.
- Optimized Modification Weight.

XML Settings Updated:
- Changed the HDR+ Device Model to 'Pixel IV' (Flame)
- Adjusted Exposure Compensation back to 'Default'
- Adjusted Raw Format for HDR+ to 'RAW10'
- Adjusted Merge Method to 'Wiener Filter'
- Adjusted HDR+ Enhanced Frames Number to 25
- Slightly Adjusted the RamPatcher on some Lenses
- Enabled OpenGL Preview

Keep in mind that the provided settings MUST be adapted depending on what you want to capture (indoor, people, night, daylight...). Therefore, it is best to create several different profiles and switch from one to the other based on what kind of scene you want to capture.

Enjoy :)
Hey good day mate! The link is secured.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210426-163656.jpg
    Screenshot_20210426-163656.jpg
    200.2 KB · Views: 35

Surfeur-des-Reves

Jun 21, 2008
Hey good day mate! The link is secured.
I'm sorry about your issue, it works fine where I am, but anyway, here is a mirror file:

Please let me know if you can download it now.
Cheers! :)

chowdog123

Feb 9, 2021
OnePlus 8 Pro
I'm sorry about your issue, it works fine where I am, but anyway, here is a mirror file:

Please let me know if you can download it now.
Cheers! :)
It's working!! Thank you so much mate :) i'll give the camera a shot right now. Cheers!

Reactions: Surfeur-des-Reves

Surfeur-des-Reves

Jun 21, 2008
It's working!! Thank you so much mate :) i'll give the camera a shot right now. Cheers!
Glad to hear it! Make sure you try some of the Custom Libraries (first option in the settings), so that you can compare the final picture from one lib to another. Alternatively, you can very well decide not to rely at all on my settings and set everything by yourself. It could actually give you a final picture that you may very well prefer. I always encourage people to tweak GCAM to their liking.

One last thing, about video mode this time; whatever app version we get from Google, the results we get are far from satisfying. Better not rely on GCAM for taking videos, you'll find much better alternatives with other apps like Open Camera, and the stock OnePlus app is not bad too at recording movies!

Last edited:
Reactions: chowdog123

Surfeur-des-Reves

Jun 21, 2008
/// New APP Update for the GCAM Enthusiasts \\\

>>> SNAP version required for our OnePlus 8 Pro. <<<

BSG public version changelog (8.1.101 from 04/28/2021):
- added "Help" button (brief description of the modification menu items), the button is located to the left of the "Settings" button
- Modified Noise Model moved to "Ram patcher" section.
- fixed a problem with high noise in the photo on some devices.
- Fixed shading map for Exynos (problem with circles in the photo).
- fixed minor problems in the modification.

XML file was updated accordingly.

Attachments

• NiCkAM8PRO.zip
    2.7 KB · Views: 19

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello OnePlus Addicts,

Here is a Custom-Made SUPER-PACK of some of the newest Google Camera Mods available out there, which contains the work of several developers such as Greatness (Rakin), B-S-G, P.Z.D, MTSL, LMC and Wichaya.

Please, keep in mind that I am not an app developer, myself, just an enthousiastic end-user happy to share the good stuff!

🌟 DOWNLOAD (APKs + Custom Profiles): https://gofile.io/d/OCsHTd 🌟

[ LMC R15 is currently the latest GCAM Mod included in this Super-Pack ]

>>> The included XML configuration profiles are made for ONEPLUS 8 PRO ONLY! Using them on another device may result in some serious bugs, crashes, and it will definitely not bring you the same user experience... <<<

1) Just download the file above, unzip it (using the provided password), then install the apk file of your choice on your device.

2) Extract the appropriate xml configuration file, as well as its folder, onto your phone internal storage.

3) Then, just start the app, give the necessary privileges, double-click on the lower black area near the 'shutter' button of the app, it should allow you to load custom profiles. Select my xml, press ok, done! :)

Some of these mods come with Face Detection, Face Retouch (both Front & Back sensors), great color reproduction, low noise, excellent details (especially on the main back sensor), FHD & 4K videos @ 30/60FPS with OIS/EIS stabilization, Night Shots, Astro-Photography, Portrait and more...

However, there is still no Distortion Correction/Fix on Ultra-Wide sensor, on any GCam mod I have tried sor far actually. This might come in the future, but it seems to be quite hard for devs to implement in their respective mods. This can be fixed by some apps in post-editing anyway...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are some 'hidden' shortcuts in some of these GCam mods! For example, with Greatness, P.Z.D, MTSL and LMC, you can access the (very useful) Exposure/ISO menu by long-pressing the circle 'gallery' button on the lower-right of the main app screen, which will provide you with a choice of ISO settings, as well as Exposure choices. The lower the ISO, the better the final picture quality, but it will take more time to 'capture' your image. The same goes for Exposure; the longer the time, the better your image (and the lower iso at the same time), but you may have to be steady if you go lower than 1/10s.

A long-press on the Camera-Switch button (on Greatness Mod), on the lower-left of the main app screen, will directly bring you to the App Settings.

Double-Press the viewfinder itself will zoom 2x to what you want to shoot, and will display the Zoom Bar at the bottom, so you can finely adjust it!

There is also a 'Sunset' shortcut on the main screen/viewfinder (Greatness Mod), just above the 3 back sensors, which should theoretically bring better color reproduction and lighting to your sunsets.

Also, one personal advice when using some, if not all of these mods: You will get BETTER EXPOSURE as well as LIGHTER SHADOWS when selecting your focus zone MANUALLY (within limits of your focus zone of interest, obviously). This goes for Daylight shots, as well as Nightshots, and another advice would be to try to select either a Dark area of your image (when shooting in daylight) OR one of the Brightest zones (for example, some streetlights at night), and then take the shot. The App should then do a better job at adjusting your Exposure, Contrast and Shadows, and this will greatly reduce risks of Under-Exposing or Over-Exposing your shots. When taking snapshots of people, in case the app can't detect their face, make sure you select it manually, you will definitely get brighter, more detailed skin results. It may be one extra-step, but I personally found out that it was usually worth doing!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

** NO Need to be ROOT **

Learn more about GCam and How to Master it: https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/p/f/2021/05/GCam-Handbook.pdf

Learn more about RamPatcher settings (BSG MGC): https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/dev-bsg/help/2/
    In an effort to make it easier for everyone to get all the APKs and custom XML profiles in one same download, here is a SUPER-PACK which contains all 4 Google Camera mods & all their respective custom profiles for OnePlus 8 Pro:

/// https://ufile.io/ke1459bi \\\

If you enjoy my work, feel free to say 'Thank you' as well as a 'Thumbs Up', allllwayyys appreciated! ^_^
    Well, hello there again :)

🌟 Here is my custom profile (V4.0) for LMC R13 Edition 💥 https://ufile.io/oyfwleal (APK + XML)

1) Just download the file above, unzip it, then install the apk file on your device.

2) Extract the xml configuration file, as well as its folder, onto your phone internal storage.

3) Then, just start the app, give the necessary privileges, double-click on the lower black area near the 'shutter' button of the app, it should allow you to load custom profiles. Select my xml, press ok, and voila! :)

-- XML CHANGELOG --

Lots of improvements and modifications to improve processing speed, quality and reduce noise on different sensors. Some color improvements made on all lenses, especially the IR (ID4), which should now bring very close results to what you see on the viewfinder! Also added some Black & White mode, for those who fancy it.

The XML is set to 'HDR-Net' by default, which means it takes shots instantly (and processes them in a second or two). If you need higher-quality results, just turn it off (using the icon on the left side of the viewfinder) and it will then use 'HDR+Enhanced' mode (15 frames, for good low-light shots especially).

Regarding IR sensor, it uses the real 5 megapixels sensor, so do not expect very high quality shots, especially as we do not have any appropriate noise model in the GCam app yet for it.

-- APP CHANGELOG --

LMC 8.4 Release 13 Fix 2

Added:
    • ISO100, Max.Time, Max.ISO in shutter speed selection.
    • Session selection for the system (initialization, most likely takes precedence over photo mode, necessary for devices that had to switch mode to activate sessions)
    • 6 new sessions at the end of the list, thus adding probably all possible sessions at the moment

Corrections:
    • Fixed work Mi12 Ultra
    • Slightly changed excerpt code
    • Fixes for some devices

'Exposure Compensation' (the 'White Sun' icon on the ViewFinder) is OFF by default. If your shots are too bright, just ENABLE it ('Blue Sun') and the exposure will be lowered.

Have Fun :)
    Oopss, I did it again... :)

🌟 NiCkAM8PRO V6 (LMC R15 GCam) Custom Pack (APK + Profiles): https://gofile.io/d/H33jkl 💥

Changelog & Suggestions:

There are just too many changes in this new release to keep the previous V5x iteration, so here comes V6, with lots of optimizations and improvements in every app department. It would just take too long to mention every modification done to it, but after hours spent working on this new version, I believe it should bring even better noise reduction, speed and overall image quality (compared to previous release).

This time, only 2 custom XMLs are provided: FAST & HQ! They are mostly similar but 'FAST' brings instant shots (using Zero-Shutter Lag -ZSL- mode by default), very fast processing and 12MP image resolution (about 2-4MB per shot), while 'HQ' comes with HDR+Enhanced by default (with as low as 1/5s Exposure time and 20 HDR frames, so be steady for a second or two if shooting at night / in low light!), increased image resolution (6 to 12MB per shot) and therefore some slightly longer image processing time. JPEG compression is kept at 97% for both profiles, as it is a sweet spot in terms of quality / image size.

You can also use 'FAST' xml and activate 'HDR+Enhanced' function in the Quick Settings panel, which should limit Exposure time to 1/15s, for slightly better quality while remaining fast to shoot & process. This is actually the XML that most people should use, but if for any reason you need to use 'HQ', just make sure you are steady / use some stable surface (or increase Exposure time to 1/10s to 1/13s). However, if you use a tripod or a perfectly stable surface, you can even decrease Expo time to 'Max'...

Everything is user-adjustable, especially the exposure time, which can be quickly accessed with some long-press on the Gallery icon. Same goes for the number of HDR frames, which can be reduced or increased (if you use HDR+Enhanced mode).

If your shots are too bright, make use of the Exposure Compensation function (the 'sun' icon) or simply touch the viewfinder area and manually adjust your exposure using the slider.

Almost everything should work, including front & back video from all sensors. There is still no distortion correction for UW sensor, but this is not something that can be solved on my side, unfortunately.

For those with a rooted device / magisk installed (OOS 11/12/13 or custom ROM), you might get some better performance (especially if you get stuck at 1/100s in ZSL mode and wish to get as low as 1/15s) after flashing this magisk module (all credits go to those who developed it, not me): https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/p/camera-unlocker-oneplus-8-9r/?v1-2

As always, take this new release as it is, or leave it, but please remember this is all done for free, took countless hours of (my) time to create and is in no way made by a team of experienced developers. As for anything in life, there is surely room for improvement, and I strongly encourage users to adapt my work to their liking. Please remember that "if you can't say anything nice about something, just don't say anything at all", or at least try to be nice when reporting bugs or suggestions for improvement. And one last thing: we all have different preferences when it comes to photography.

Have fun with it!

NiCkAM8PRO LMC Interface.jpg
    A tiny little update for 'B.S.G GCam profiles pack' that might fix some noise artefacts in some low-light scenarios. If you are fine with previous V5.1, then it's fine, if not, you could try this one :)