[UPD] Super-Pack of Google Camera MODs for OnePlus 8 Pro!

Search This thread

Surfeur-des-Reves

Jun 21, 2008
I moved to A12 yesterday in the evening and your camera worked with the TestA12.xml pretty good. Then i activated camera 4, which is, i assume, the infrared camera. For testing i tried to activate camera 5 and the camera crashed and i can't do anthing to get it started again. Even if i delete and reinstall the app, the camera crashes... Any help or idea, what i can do?

Cheers!
Have you checked if you have any other GCAM mod/clones that might interfere with LMC app? Have you also restarted your phone after completely uninstalling the app?

Reactions: Clark789

Surfeur-des-Reves

Jun 21, 2008
I finally managed to get my phone camera fixed, thanks to a new sensor, so I slightly updated my work on LMC GCam mod. I haven't made the jump to A12 but am still willing to share 2 files that might work on your device (or not). One XML file is for A11 OOS (which I still use) and the other one is a beta2 XML for A12, with less markers activated in the developer settings. Please kindly report if/what works, thanks :)

Download: https://ufile.io/hky9j7xm

stegg

Aug 29, 2008
Milan
I finally managed to get my phone camera fixed, thanks to a new sensor, so I slightly updated my work on LMC GCam mod. I haven't made the jump to A12 but am still willing to share 2 files that might work on your device (or not). One XML file is for A11 OOS (which I still use) and the other one is a beta2 XML for A12, with less markers activated in the developer settings. Please kindly report if/what works, thanks :)

Quick test with OOS12, ID4 working well

Reactions: Surfeur-des-Reves

Clark789

Sep 15, 2006
Hamburg

Edit2: Now i got it! I installed an older version (LMV8.4 V7-Fix), copied the LMC8.4-directory on my OP8Pro and updated it with the R0_snapcam-version. Copied the NICKAMPRO A12b2 (LMC).xml to the LMC8.4-directory and the camera starts and everything works fine... *thumbsup*

Edit3: Before there was a vibration when i reached 0 degrees in the horizon. Now it's gone. Where can i activate the vibration?

Cheers!

Last edited:

devsk

Dec 14, 2008

I jumped ship to LOS18.1. LMC Gcam works great!

OOS 11 is stuck at Feb security update and C16 is badly broken as per updates on oneplus forums. It is still stuck at Mar update anyway, while we are in May update already. I think oneplus is done with op8pro, they are not paying much attention. Time to move on to LOS, which hopefully gets a 19.1 soon for op8.

Clark789

Sep 15, 2006
Hamburg
Here is a beta3 XML profile for latest LMC R9 GCam mod. More markers activated in the Dev settings, while keeping those which probably cause some crash on A12 at bay. Please report if it still works, thanks.

Download: https://ufile.io/bvti6pg7
I tried the A12-beta3, but for me it doesn't work. Display keeps black, no picture at all. A12b2 works pretty good...

Cheers!

Surfeur-des-Reves

Jun 21, 2008
Hello OP,
Sorry for going off topic here.
Can you comment on the OOS android 12? Does it badly buggie like peoples commented on Oneplus community forum?
I still hold off the update.
Well, at least you're sorry, so now that it's here, here's my very personal experience from A11 to A12...

[ This is going to be an aparté and I'd request you not to reply back with more questions or request for more details, we'll keep it to this, thanks]

Tbh, the process itself of going from OOS A11 to OOS A12 was not as straightforward as most people claim/experienced. First, the process was stuck at 99% forever (and I mean forever, not like just 1 or 2 hours, I kept waiting for half the day for it to complete, to no avail). I was then still on A11, with probably a half-broken updated system that would get stuck on the next boot, so I didn't try to install Magisk on partition B or anything such, I just disabled all Magisk modules and attempted to restart my phone. Surprisingly, it seemed to reboot correctly and finalized the installation. However, of course, my system was now unrooted, so it took me more time to manually patch my new boot.img and make sure it was properly rooted.

After all this, I could really start to use this new system and see both its cool sides and limitations (and bugs as well, as I experienced quite a few). I used to get a temperature alert from the UI quite frequently on A10 & A11 but not anymore since I updated, which is quite pleasant. The battery life, once rooted, all ads disabled and network communications & processes strictly limited, is surprisingly decent as well (I was expecting worse, from what I read), quite similar actually to my tweaked A11 OOS. I could also notice a more polished UI, smooth and quite pleasant to use, with fast animations/transitions (speed can be adjusted in the settings anyway) and lots of freedom and control given to the user over the system, security & apps. Oneplus new Launcher, however, is a pain and really needs to be improved and fixed (impossible to remove the left page of the home launcher, for example, which I later found a "fix", using some Oppo apk), folders and icons cannot be renamed nor changed, there is no more way to hide some apps by 'stretching' the screen, and I am experiencing some serious issue with the light sensor under low light (when in auto-brightness), as it set my screen to the lowest possible brightness setting, which makes it barely visible, unpleasant to read and transforms the colors as well. There'll probably be an upcoming fix for this bug, but for now, it really s*cks.

Overall, and after some tweaking, it's still worth it, not just for the more recent security updates. I miss the overall 'stability' of OOS A11 (after all the updates they've made to it for the past 2 years, have to admit) but knowing that most apps are now being developed with A12/A13 in mind, it is probably a safer choice to stick to A12+.

Cheers!

Last edited:
Reactions: m0lek

m0lek

Oct 26, 2014
Well, at least you're sorry, so now that it's here, here's my very personal experience from A11 to A12...

[ This is going to be an aparté and I'd request you not to reply back with more questions or request for more details, we'll keep it to this, thanks]

Tbh, the process itself of going from OOS A11 to OOS A12 was not as straightforward as most people claim/experienced. First, the process was stuck at 99% forever (and I mean forever, not like just 1 or 2 hours, I kept waiting for half the day for it to complete, to no avail). I was then still on A11, with probably a half-broken updated system that would get stuck on the next boot, so I didn't try to install Magisk on partition B or anything such, I just disabled all Magisk modules and attempted to restart my phone. Surprisingly, it seemed to reboot correctly and finalized the installation. However, of course, my system was now unrooted, so it took me more time to manually patch my new boot.img and make sure it was properly rooted.

After all this, I could really start to use this new system and see both its cool sides and limitations (and bugs as well, as I experienced quite a few). I used to get a temperature alert from the UI quite frequently on A10 & A11 but not anymore since I updated, which is quite pleasant. The battery life, once rooted, all ads disabled and network communications & processes strictly limited, is surprisingly decent as well (I was expecting worse, from what I read), quite similar actually to my tweaked A11 OOS. I could also notice a more polished UI, smooth and quite pleasant to use, with fast animations/transitions (speed can be adjusted in the settings anyway) and lots of freedom and control given to the user over the system, security & apps. Oneplus new Launcher, however, is a pain and really needs to be improved and fixed (impossible to remove the left page of the home launcher, for example, which I later found a "fix", using some Oppo apk), folders and icons cannot be renamed nor changed, there is no more way to hide some apps by 'stretching' the screen, and I am experiencing some serious issue with the light sensor under low light (when in auto-brightness), as it set my screen to the lowest possible brightness setting, which makes it barely visible, unpleasant to read and transforms the colors as well. There'll probably be an upcoming fix for this bug, but for now, it really s*cks.

Overall, and after some tweaking, it's still worth it, not just for the more recent security updates. I miss the overall 'stability' of OOS A11 (after all the updates they've made to it for the past 2 years, have to admit) but knowing that most apps are now being developed with A12/A13 in mind, it is probably a safer choice to stick to A12+.

Cheers!
Thank you very much for a detailed replying.

Surfeur-des-Reves

Jun 21, 2008
All the files from the links only containing XML no apk ? It's 81.k not 126mb.
Hi, my post includes 2 zip archives, so that end-users can choose which one fits their needs. If you have never downloaded any previous zip made for LMC R9 mod, then you must download the biggest zip archive, which includes both the .apk and the .xml files (the one on Ufile.io). If you already have the LMC R9 apk installed on your device, you can simply download my custom XML profile, which is at the very bottom of my post.

Last edited:

Surfeur-des-Reves

Jun 21, 2008
Here is a new update (V2.3) with my latest work made for LMC R9 (still based on Google Camera 8.4.300). This update now includes 2 XML custom profiles: one for everyday situations (fast capture), another one more oriented for night shots (long capture time, needs to be steady or use a tripod). Several modifications have been made in the settings & the rampatcher areas. Nothing much has been configured for the photochrome/IR sensor (ID4), as no GCam mod is made for this sensor yet.

Download (APK + XML profiles): https://ufile.io/fo3cmriu

Cheers!

Attachments

• NiCkAM8PRO V2.3 Custom Profiles (LMC R9).zip
    30.3 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

oopstairs

Here is a new update (V2.3) with my latest work made for LMC R9 (still based on Google Camera 8.4.300). This update now includes 2 XML custom profiles: one for everyday situations (fast capture), another one more oriented for night shots (long capture time, needs to be steady or use a tripod). Several modifications have been made in the settings & the rampatcher areas. Nothing much has been configured for the photochrome/IR sensor (ID4), as no GCam mod is made for this sensor yet.

Download (APK + XML profiles): https://ufile.io/fo3cmriu

Cheers!
Hai, I succesfully installed this, but in my case zoom and wide camera are backwards. Can you look into it?

Surfeur-des-Reves

Jun 21, 2008
Hai, I succesfully installed this, but in my case zoom and wide camera are backwards. Can you look into it?
Hi, not sure what device & system you are using, but with a OnePlus 8 Pro and the latest OOS 12, there is nothing such as what you describe with my latest custom XML. Anyway, you can easily fix your issue by modifying the sensors ID manually (settings, scroll down to Additional Cameras, then List ID manually. Simply invert the numbers for Tele & Wide sensors.

Alpha_Lex

Feb 14, 2017
Hi, not sure what device & system you are using, but with a OnePlus 8 Pro and the latest OOS 12, there is nothing such as what you describe with my latest custom XML. Anyway, you can easily fix your issue by modifying the sensors ID manually (settings, scroll down to Additional Cameras, then List ID manually. Simply invert the numbers for Tele & Wide sensors.
Hi !
I had the same problem, using a OnePlus 8 pro and Pixel experience 12+. Thanks for the fix !
Do you know if there is any way to change the language of settings ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    LMC R10 Google Cam Mod (V8.4.300 Base) - Dev is finally back, for now! Still my favorite mod... :)

Changelog:
    - Redesigned the menu and its styles, a bit of the interface.
    - Smashed the sessions on the lenses (I stole the code from @md_shamim12)
    - Fix resolution on the front camera
    - Added focus reset timeout to Tweaks LMS
    - Focus slider and shutter slider separated into different buttons
    - Added disable button
    - Added new options to the Test patcher.
    - Added new noise models
    - Added new Color Transforms
    - Added more values to shutter priority.
    - Added 3 frames per button
    - Updated LDR patcher
    - All config update

Corrections:
    - Fixed work on Xiaomi 12
    - Leica and OIS buttons without restart (I stole the idea from @xenius9gcc)
    - Removed some parameters from the lens settings BUT they are in the pro patcher.
    - Autofocus code changed.
    - The app is even faster.
    - Many other fixes

🌟 Custom XML NiCkAM8PRO V2.6 (APK + XML): https://ufile.io/i4vnl1fu 💥
    [PW: NiCkAM8PRO-for-XDA ]

Depending on the scene (outdoor, indoor, nightshot / bright light...), you are avised to enable / disable the 'Exposure Compensation' toggle (the blue-white sun at the top of the viewfinder. 'OFF' will make the overall scene Brighter). It is also preferable (whatever GCam mod you use) to manually touch the screen on your 'zone of interest' before taking the shot.

Cheers.

// Updated the links with @smorpaket 's fix in the Dev-Settings, for those affected by the issue. Thanks buddy! \\
    Really appreciate you doing all the work with gcam! Dev option camera.cutout still needs to be disabled for some of us, so I'll attach a fixed XML file for that :))
    Hello everyone,

Here is a V1.1 for another Google Camera mod (based on V8.4.300 Google App): AGC, from BigKaka dev.

It is always free to try so just have some more fun with this one! :)

Changelog:​

AGC 8.4.300 V8

- Add OnePlus8Pro, OnePlus9Pro Noise Model
    - Add patch settings: AWB Gain Fix
    - Fixed patch settings: Sabre, Sharp, Color Setting CG2-10, Color Setting CF3,5,6, Sharp mini/micro, Luma Noise
    - Fixed CCT, AWB, Noise Model issue
    - Supports CCT, AWB, Noise Model for Pixel6 device front lens
    - Samsung S22 auto return lens IDS
    - Added S5KGM1 - RN7 Noise Model
    - Added Libpatch Quick Settings UI
    - Fixed Xiaomi CC9Pro, CC9 Tele lens issue
    - Fixed Camera2API wrong values issue
    - Fixed S22, Xiaomi11 device viewfinder freeze issue
    - Automatically fix resolution of Xiaomi K30Pro main lens and OnePlus 8Pro tele lens
    - Fixed OnePlus7T front lens
    - Samsung S21U Automatically return to lens IDS
    - Fix Samsun can't take pic in night sight
    - Fix XiaomiK30Pro main lens auto FixResolution

🌟 Custom Profiles from NiCkAM8PRO V1.1: https://ufile.io/rk2kypne 💥

PW: NiCkAM8PRO-for-XDA (yes, I decided to set some password to limit, to some extent, the 're-share' of it outside of the XDA community).

>>> MAKE SURE YOU UNINSTALL ANY OTHER GCAM MOD 'SNAP' VERSION BEFORE YOU INSTALL THIS ONE. <<<

This is still a Work-In-Progress so please refrain from complaining without bringing anything useful for this project and for the community in return.

There might be some limitations, of course, but anyone who wants to try it can just play with it and customize it their own way. All sensors work fine, including the 'IR' one. Face detection seems to work, as well as Face beauty (at least for selfie cam), can record videos [email protected] with both OIS & EIS with back cam, night mode works ok too.

I included 2 custom profiles with this release. The second one allows you to record at 48MP from all back 3 sensors (UW, Main & Tele) and 20MP from the 'iR' sensor. However, all this is achieved through interpolation (ie. 'artificial upscaling'). AFAIK, it doesn't use the real sensor resolution, but from my few experiments, you still manage to get a bit more detailed pictures (and possibly a bit more 'noise' as well) compared to 12MP shots.

I'd advise you disable AWB (auto white balance) through the Quick Panel menu when shooting under daylight (for cooler/bluer tones), and enable AWB for nightshots (warmer tones).

Cheers!
    Previous post has been updated with V1.1 custom profiles for AGC GCam Mod, which fixes the 'IR' issues, as well as a few other improvements in the rampatcher settings. Cheers!
    what is the password to unpack the package?
    Read my comment above.
    Hello OnePlus Addicts,

Here is a Custom-Made SUPER-PACK of some of the newest Google Camera Mods available out there, which contains the work of several developers such as Greatness (Rakin), B-S-G, P.Z.D, MTSL, LMC and Wichaya.

Please, keep in mind that I am not an app developer, myself, just an enthousiastic end-user happy to share the good stuff!

🌟 DOWNLOAD (APKs + Custom Profiles): https://ufile.io/bxdprknv 🌟
    ( PW: NiCkAM8PRO-for-XDA )

[ LMC R10 is currently the latest customized mod of this Super-Pack ]

>>> The included XML configuration profiles are made for ONEPLUS 8 PRO ONLY! Using them on another device may result in some serious bugs, crashes, and it will definitely not bring you the same user experience... <<<

1) Just download the file above, unzip it, then install the apk file of your choice on your device.

2) Extract the appropriate xml configuration file, as well as its folder, to your phone internal storage.

3) Then, just start the app, give the necessary privileges, double-click on the lower black area near the 'shutter' button of the app, it should allow you to load custom profiles. Select my xml, press ok, done! :)

Some of these mods come with Face Detection, Face Retouch (both Front & Back sensors), great color reproduction, low noise, excellent details (especially on the main back sensor), FHD & 4K videos @ 30/60FPS with OIS/EIS stabilization, Night Shots, Astro-Photography, Portrait and more...

However, there is still no Distortion Correction/Fix on Wide-Angle sensor, on any GCam mod I have tried sor far actually. This might come in the future, but it seems to be quite hard for devs to implement in their respective mods. This can be fixed by some apps in post-editing anyway...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are some 'hidden' shortcuts in some of these GCam mods! For example, with Greatness, P.Z.D, MTSL and LMC, you can access the (very useful) Exposure/ISO menu by long-pressing the circle 'gallery' button on the lower-right of the main app screen, which will provide you with a choice of ISO settings, as well as Exposure choices. The lower the ISO, the better the final picture quality, but it will take more time to 'capture' your image. The same goes for Exposure; the longer the time, the better your image (and the lower iso at the same time), but you may have to be steady if you go lower than 1/10s.

A long-press on the Camera-Switch button (on Greatness Mod), on the lower-left of the main app screen, will directly bring you to the App Settings.

Double-Press the viewfinder itself will zoom 2x to what you want to shoot, and will display the Zoom Bar at the bottom, so you can finely adjust it!

There is also a 'Sunset' shortcut on the main screen/viewfinder (Greatness Mod), just above the 3 back sensors, which should theoretically bring better color reproduction and lighting to your sunsets.

Also, one personal advice when using some, if not all of these mods: You will get BETTER EXPOSURE as well as LIGHTER SHADOWS when selecting your focus zone MANUALLY (within limits of your focus zone of interest, obviously). This goes for Daylight shots, as well as Nightshots, and another advice would be to try to select either a Dark area of your image (when shooting in daylight) OR one of the Brightest zones (for example, some streetlights at night), and then take the shot. The App should then do a better job at adjusting your Exposure, Contrast and Shadows, and this will greatly reduce risks of Under-Exposing or Over-Exposing your shots. When taking snapshots of people, in case the app can't detect their face, make sure you select it manually, you will definitely get brighter, more detailed skin results. It may be one extra-step, but I personally found out that it was usually worth doing it!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

** NO Need to be ROOT **

Learn more about GCam and How to Master it: https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/p/f/2021/05/GCam-Handbook.pdf

Learn more about RamPatcher settings (BSG MGC): https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/dev-bsg/help/2/
    In an effort to make it easier for everyone to get all the APKs and custom XML profiles in one same download, here is a SUPER-PACK which contains all 4 Google Camera mods & all their respective custom profiles for OnePlus 8 Pro:

/// https://ufile.io/ke1459bi \\\

If you enjoy my work, feel free to say 'Thank you' as well as a 'Thumbs Up', allllwayyys appreciated! ^_^
    🌸🌞 NiCkAM8PRO V6.4 Custom Profiles (for OP8Pro) - B.S.G Google Camera 🌞🌸

😻 Hello XDA buddies and GCAM lovers 🔥

A new version of B.S.G Google Camera mod was released ('GV1u'), which fixes some annoying bug with our device (Changelog: Fixed a bug when saving photos on devices whose raw format resolution is not 4/3 or 16/9, like Redmi Note8-9 Pro, OP8Pro and others).

🌟DOWNLOAD (APK + Custom Profiles): https://ufile.io/2xx4arec 🌟

It is advised to completely UNINSTALL the previous version (clear cache and data before you proceed), then install this new V8.1 "GV1u" edition.

Of course, as always, this new App version comes with my own custom 'Profiles', available in 3 different flavors ('Fine', 'HQ' and 'Night'), depending on what mix of Quality / Speed you wish to achieve. They are the result of some very personal choices regarding saturation, contrast, colors, brightness, exposure...), so in case they do not match yours, just take them as a base and adapt them to your needs and preferences.

💖 NiCkAM8PRO V6.4 Custom Profiles for B.S.G - Changelog & Advice:

✅ 3 Custom Profiles based on different Exposure Time ('Speed') and HDR frames (Warning: Be STEADY when using 'Night' profile and for 'HQ' mode -in low light- as well!).
    ✅ Optimized White Balance and Noise Profiles for our OnePlus 8 Pro, for all lenses.
    ✅ RamPatcher areas have been carefully set for natural results, yet slightly enhanced saturation/contrasts/details.
    ✅ Face Retouch (Level-1) and Face Detect set 'ON' for all lenses, Back & Front.
    ✅ Astrophotography works fine, just remember to set a Timer in order to avoid blurry pics!
    ✅ Front camera settings are set for natural colors (i.e: with saturation kept at reasonable levels), still with some details. However, keep in mind that any GCAM app will take pictures at 4MP only (instead of 16MP with stock app) when using the Front Lens of our OP8 Pro (a limitation that cannot be currently overcome).
    ✅Exposure was willingly kept at reasonable levels, which allows for truer, more realistic pictures, closer to what you really see, and maintains more details in the pictures at the same time (less blown-out zones). If that's not your preference, simply adjust Exposure Compensation in the Settings > Modules, or in post-processing.
    ✅ Developer settings are carefully selected, to offer as many functions as possible for our device, with some good stability.
    ✅ AWB is automatically turned ON when using 'Night' profile. If using any other profile in dark / night situation, or under some artificial lights, just remember to set Auto White-Balance 'ON' to avoid unpleasant results.
    ✅ Social Share functions are activated on all profiles, for easy file sharing, as well as being a useful indicator for when your pictures have been fully processed by the app. Let the app finish its processing work before switching to another lens!
    ✅ In some situation (i.e under some harsh lighting conditions), it is advised to manually set your point of focus, as well as your exposure, using the dedicated slider.

⚠️🙏This custom profiles pack is a result of countless hours of work, so please, do not share it anywhere else without permission, and even more importantly, give credit to its creator. Thank you, and have fun with it! 🙏⚠️
    A tiny little update for 'B.S.G GCam profiles pack' that might fix some noise artefacts in some low-light scenarios. If you are fine with previous V5.1, then it's fine, if not, you could try this one :)
    Hello buddies,

Currently in a short trip but I have some good news for you; Greatness developer managed to publish a new version of his Google Camera Mod, oriented toward the OnePlus 7, 8 and 9 series, with AUX support (yes, Wide & Tele work perfectly on it!), Face Retouch as well, low noise, nice picture, OIS stabilization when taking shots, and much more...

Greatness Modified Google Camera V8.2, with NiCkAM8PRO V1.2 Profile: https://ufile.io/7z7fgpch

1) MAKE SURE YOU FULLY UNINSTALL any other Google Camera app that you may have on your phone before installing this one. ALSO COPY THE 'CONFIGS8' FOLDER in my zip file inside of your (preexisting or not) GCAM folder of your phone storage.

2) First time you start the App, grant the needed privileges, then go to the Settings, Advanced, scroll down then select XML Configs, and click the top option with the yellow sign, which should allow the app to 'read/write' custom profile configuration files on your device.

3) Go back to the main GCam screen, then DOUBLE-PRESS the black area AROUND the SHUTTER button, this will allow you to LOAD my XML configuration file.

4) Select it, then ENJOY this great mod!

Took me some time to set this one up, but here it is... Hope you guys will enjoy it as much as I do! :)