[UPD] Super-Pack of Google Camera MODs for OnePlus 8 Pro!

Search This thread

lieblingsbesuch

May 5, 2018
Thank you very much. I actually put my intention to buy any newer device on hold, as I'm still quite happy with my current unit. I'll then keep posting a few more updates, from time to time :)
Tbh, I do not understand why it is necessary to buy any new device this time.
The improvements on the hardware side are negligible, I doubt that anyone gets any advantage if the screen is 1k or 1,2k brightness.

Camera improvements are also more or less based on sw improvements the last years.

New devices also do not have the custom ROM support. Do not wanna live without pe or AdBlock anymore.

With your work, you keep my device on a 2022 flagship level.

Reactions: Surfeur-des-Reves

Surfeur-des-Reves

Jun 21, 2008
🌟 Custom XML NiCkAM8PRO V1.4 for LMC R11 Lite (APK + XML): https://ufile.io/kj9des7i 💥
[ PW: NiCkAM8PRO-for-XDA ]

-- README --

3 custom profiles are provided: 'Authentic, Boosted, Colorful'. Each one progressively increases brightness and saturation, to fit different scenarios and user preferences .

Which one should you use? It's as simple as A-B-C!
You might consider 'Authentic' for close-up shots and when using Night Mode, 'Colorful' for landscape and high-contrast outdoor scenes, and finally 'Boosted' profile for various other situations (this one is somewhere between 'Authentic' & 'Colorful'). I'd also advise users to manually focus on their zone-of-interest for high-contrast scenes.

For night shots and (very) low-light photography, I'd advise you long-press the gallery icon, on the viewfinder, and select a longer exposure time / lower ISO, as well as increase the number of HDR frames from 'Auto' to 15, or even 27 if you can be steady for a moment.

Finally, keep in mind there is no absolute rule for which profile you should use, as it really comes down to user preferences and photographic conditions.

-- CHANGELOG --

Slight improvements in the Ultra-Wide department. Gamma curves for 'Boosted' and 'Colorful' have been modified, and saturation levels were adjusted accordingly. Brightness for each of the 3 back lenses, for each profile, has been optimized. Auto Night Mode has also been turned ON (can be easily disabled upon your preferences).

Enjoy! :)

Attachments

• NiCkAM8PRO V1.4 Custom Profiles - LMC R11 Lite (for OnePlus 8 Pro).zip
    55.9 KB · Views: 137
Last edited:

Surfeur-des-Reves

Jun 21, 2008
🌟 Custom XML NiCkAM8PRO V2.8 for LMC R12 (APK + XML): https://ufile.io/wy6yic2h 💥

-- README --

This release offers the option to upscale the shots. If you activate the 'RES' icon on the lower-left side of the viewfinder, you will get 48MP on the Main, Tele & UW back sensors, 20MP on the 'IR' sensor, and 16MP for the front/selfie camera. You could get a bit more detailed shots, but keep in mind it is just some (artificial) upscaling. Still, it might be interesting to use in some specific scenarios.

For night shots and (very) low-light photography, I'd advise you long-press the gallery icon, on the viewfinder, and select a longer exposure time / lower ISO, as well as increase the number of HDR frames from 'Auto' to 15, or even 27 if you can be steady for a moment.

Don't forget to make use of the EXPOSURE COMPENSATION icon (the 'Sun' icon at the top-right of the viewfinder). Make sure you activate it (blue icon), mostly for INDOOR/CLOSEUP shots, and disable it (white icon) for LANDSCAPE/OUTDOOR shots, otherwise you'll get either too bright or too dark results.

-- APP CHANGELOG --

• Choice of lens logic
• Upscale / Downscale
• Manual input of Color correction, noise models, white balance.
• New options in the test patcher
• Updated tooltips, styles, buttons, etc. Added ways to support development.
• Fixed noise and stability issues on all interfaces
• Fixed auto-detection of the lens logic (Previously there was always ID4 Tele, regardless of the sensor)
• Fixed live photo resolution selection
• Optimized application and processing speed.

Enjoy! :)

[ Edit: I noticed some luma noise when using Night Mode. I'll try to have a look at it and fix the issue in a later release. ]

Attachments

• NiCkAM8PRO V2.8 Custom Profile - LMC R12 GCam (for OnePlus 8 Pro).zip
    19.6 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:

Surfeur-des-Reves

Jun 21, 2008
🌟 Here is a minor update of my custom profile (V2.9) for latest LMC R12 GCam 💥 https://ufile.io/pdnjtjyo (APK + XML)

-- CHANGELOG --

• Better detailed shots from the main back camera thanks to a different noise profile, as well as some tweaks in the RamPatcher area.

-- README --

• It is recommended to use the normal shooting mode for almost all photographic situations (even low-light scenarios), and the Night mode exclusively for almost completely dark scenes.

• Default Shutter speed is set at 1/20s. Low-Light & Night shots may require a longer shutter speed, which you can manually adjust by long-pressing the 'gallery icon' on the lower-right of the viewfinder.

• When shooting high-contrast scenes, my advice is to manually touch the viewfinder on your zone-of-interest, before you capture the shot.

• Keep in mind that this custom profile includes some exposure compensation that you can activate by pressing the SUN icon on the upper-right of the viewfinder.

- BLUE SUN (Exposure Compensation ON --> Darker!) should fit:
Low-Light / Night, Indoor, Macro and more (feel free to experiment)

- WHITE SUN (Exposure Compensation OFF / Default --> Brighter!):
People, Large Outdoor Scenes, Landscape, Architecture...

Have Fun! :)

Attachments

• NiCkAM8PRO V2.9 Custom Profile - LMC R12 (for OnePlus 8 Pro).zip
    19.8 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:

Surfeur-des-Reves

Jun 21, 2008
🌟 Here is an updated version of my custom profiles pack (V1.6) for LMC R11 LITE 💥 https://ufile.io/bffuk3p5 (APK + XML)

-- CHANGELOG --

• Several small bugfixes and 'improvements' here and there.

-- README --

This GCAM mod is, in my opinion, still the best out there at the moment. Very stable, pretty much everything works as it should, and the processing is quite fast. More importantly, quality results are here and it is not too painful to configure. I use this mod daily and I now barely use the stock cam app (except maybe for a few occasional macro shots). Less over-sharpening (more natural / softer / DSLR-like results), less noise and less overblown highlights, for more recovered details compared to stock app.

3 profiles: 'Authentic' (A), 'Boosted' (B), 'Colorful' (C).
Their brightness & saturation are progressively increased from A to C.

Exposure Compensation will BRIGHTEN your shots for all the back sensors if you activate it (SUN icon on the viewfinder will be BLUE). You should not need to activate it for indoor shots, but you'll probably need it when shooting outdoor. Keep in mind that on all 3 profiles, Exposure Compensation is OFF by default!

Not sure how to greatly improve these custom XMLs anymore, as I believe we are reaching the limits of the sensors...

Have Fun :)

Attachments

• NiCkAM8PRO V1.6 Custom Profiles - LMC R11 Lite (for OnePlus 8 Pro).zip
    55.8 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
Reactions: devsk and xpdragon

Surfeur-des-Reves

Jun 21, 2008
@Surfeur-des-Reves Is "LMC R11 LITE" better than the "LMC R12 GCam" in terms of speed and stability?
It's roughly on par regarding speed and stability. However, after pixel-peeping on several shots, I noticed that shots taken with R11 Lite (using 'Authentic' profile) tended to be slightly 'cleaner' / less noisy, even without activating any RamPatcher settings and when using the same noise model. Apart from that, both versions are quite stable and perform well.

However, if you need to upscale your shots, then only R12 has it (but it takes longer to process).

Last edited:

p.francis7294

Oct 14, 2018
🌟 Here is an updated version of my custom profiles pack (V1.6) for LMC R11 LITE 💥 https://ufile.io/bffuk3p5 (APK + XML)

-- CHANGELOG --

• Several small bugfixes and 'improvements' here and there.

-- README --

This GCAM mod is, in my opinion, still the best out there at the moment. Very stable, pretty much everything works as it should, and the processing is quite fast. More importantly, quality results are here and it is not too painful to configure. I use this mod daily and I now barely use the stock cam app (except maybe for a few occasional macro shots). Less over-sharpening (more natural / softer / DSLR-like results), less noise and less overblown highlights, for more recovered details compared to stock app.

3 profiles: 'Authentic' (A), 'Boosted' (B), 'Colorful' (C).
Their brightness & saturation are progressively increased from A to C.

Exposure Compensation will BRIGHTEN your shots for all the back sensors if you activate it (SUN icon on the viewfinder will be BLUE). You should not need to activate it for indoor shots, but you'll probably need it when shooting outdoor. Keep in mind that on all 3 profiles, Exposure Compensation is OFF by default!

Not sure how to greatly improve these custom XMLs anymore, as I believe we are reaching the limits of the sensors...

🌟 Here is a minor update of my custom profile (V2.9) for latest LMC R12 GCam 💥 https://ufile.io/pdnjtjyo (APK + XML)

-- CHANGELOG --

• Better detailed shots from the main back camera thanks to a different noise profile, as well as some tweaks in the RamPatcher area.

-- README --

• It is recommended to use the normal shooting mode for almost all photographic situations (even low-light scenarios), and the Night mode exclusively for almost completely dark scenes.

• Default Shutter speed is set at 1/20s. Low-Light & Night shots may require a longer shutter speed, which you can manually adjust by long-pressing the 'gallery icon' on the lower-right of the viewfinder.

• When shooting high-contrast scenes, my advice is to manually touch the viewfinder on your zone-of-interest, before you capture the shot.

• Keep in mind that this custom profile includes some exposure compensation that you can activate by pressing the SUN icon on the upper-right of the viewfinder.

- BLUE SUN (Exposure Compensation ON --> Darker!) should fit:
Low-Light / Night, Indoor, Macro and more (feel free to experiment)

- WHITE SUN (Exposure Compensation OFF / Default --> Brighter!):
People, Large Outdoor Scenes, Landscape, Architecture...

Hi there, I've downloaded the xml file how do I get it to the LMC folder I've tried by copy and paste it to LMC folder but it doesn't show up

Surfeur-des-Reves

Jun 21, 2008
Here is a variation of my original V1.6 profiles for LMC R11 Lite GCAM mod, which provides more sharpness on back lenses as well as instant shooting (HDR-E is off, so there may be a slight drop in quality). Keep in mind that it still takes a few seconds, after the image is captured, for the app to process it.

In every other aspect, it is strictly similar to my original V1.6 profiles.

🌟 Download (APK + XML): https://ufile.io/ww5ns3cc 💥

Attachments

• NiCkAM8PRO V1.6 Custom Profiles (SHARP & ORIGINAL) - LMC R11 Lite (for OnePlus 8 Pro).zip
    111.4 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
Reactions: lieblingsbesuch

Shayan69

May 10, 2019
Egypt
Here is a variation of my original V1.6 profiles for LMC R11 Lite GCAM mod, which provides more sharpness on back lenses as well as instant shooting (HDR-E is off, so there may be a slight drop in quality). Keep in mind that it still takes a few seconds, after the image is captured, for the app to process it.

In every other aspect, it is strictly similar to my original V1.6 profiles.

🌟 Download (APK + XML): https://ufile.io/ww5ns3cc 💥

How do I use the custom profile with it?like where do I store it to enable it from within GCAM?,and is there any way to enable motion mode and have them working in LMC?

Surfeur-des-Reves

Jun 21, 2008
How do I use the custom profile with it?like where do I store it to enable it from within GCAM?,and is there any way to enable motion mode and have them working in LMC?
Hi, you simply need to extract the content of the zip file at the root of your device internal memory, which should result in the creation of a new LMC8.4 folder, with one or more custom profiles inside (depending on which version of custom profiles you decide to go for). You can then install the APK, grant permission to your device storage, double-press the black area at the bottom of the screen around the shutter button; a menu should pop-up, allowing you to load the custom profile you wish to inject in the app.

Regarding motion mode, it can be activated by accessing the app settings, then 'LMC Tweaks', then 'Live Photo'. Once turned on, you need to access the quick settings tile (at the top of the viewfinder), disable 'HDR-Enhanced', then turn 'Top Shot' on.

Last edited:

Surfeur-des-Reves

Jun 21, 2008
After testing both LMC R11 Lite & R12 with people as 'models', I'd actually recommend to go for R12 custom profile, which seems to be more skin-friendly, as well as providing nice exposure and some pleasant color saturation.

R12 might remove slightly less noise than R11 Lite, but definitely not a big difference.

Reactions: devsk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello OnePlus Addicts,

Here is a Custom-Made SUPER-PACK of some of the newest Google Camera Mods available out there, which contains the work of several developers such as Greatness (Rakin), B-S-G, P.Z.D, MTSL, LMC and Wichaya.

Please, keep in mind that I am not an app developer, myself, just an enthousiastic end-user happy to share the good stuff!

🌟 DOWNLOAD (APKs + Custom Profiles): https://gofile.io/d/OCsHTd 🌟

[ LMC R15 is currently the latest GCAM Mod included in this Super-Pack ]

>>> The included XML configuration profiles are made for ONEPLUS 8 PRO ONLY! Using them on another device may result in some serious bugs, crashes, and it will definitely not bring you the same user experience... <<<

1) Just download the file above, unzip it (using the provided password), then install the apk file of your choice on your device.

2) Extract the appropriate xml configuration file, as well as its folder, onto your phone internal storage.

3) Then, just start the app, give the necessary privileges, double-click on the lower black area near the 'shutter' button of the app, it should allow you to load custom profiles. Select my xml, press ok, done! :)

Some of these mods come with Face Detection, Face Retouch (both Front & Back sensors), great color reproduction, low noise, excellent details (especially on the main back sensor), FHD & 4K videos @ 30/60FPS with OIS/EIS stabilization, Night Shots, Astro-Photography, Portrait and more...

However, there is still no Distortion Correction/Fix on Ultra-Wide sensor, on any GCam mod I have tried sor far actually. This might come in the future, but it seems to be quite hard for devs to implement in their respective mods. This can be fixed by some apps in post-editing anyway...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are some 'hidden' shortcuts in some of these GCam mods! For example, with Greatness, P.Z.D, MTSL and LMC, you can access the (very useful) Exposure/ISO menu by long-pressing the circle 'gallery' button on the lower-right of the main app screen, which will provide you with a choice of ISO settings, as well as Exposure choices. The lower the ISO, the better the final picture quality, but it will take more time to 'capture' your image. The same goes for Exposure; the longer the time, the better your image (and the lower iso at the same time), but you may have to be steady if you go lower than 1/10s.

A long-press on the Camera-Switch button (on Greatness Mod), on the lower-left of the main app screen, will directly bring you to the App Settings.

Double-Press the viewfinder itself will zoom 2x to what you want to shoot, and will display the Zoom Bar at the bottom, so you can finely adjust it!

There is also a 'Sunset' shortcut on the main screen/viewfinder (Greatness Mod), just above the 3 back sensors, which should theoretically bring better color reproduction and lighting to your sunsets.

Also, one personal advice when using some, if not all of these mods: You will get BETTER EXPOSURE as well as LIGHTER SHADOWS when selecting your focus zone MANUALLY (within limits of your focus zone of interest, obviously). This goes for Daylight shots, as well as Nightshots, and another advice would be to try to select either a Dark area of your image (when shooting in daylight) OR one of the Brightest zones (for example, some streetlights at night), and then take the shot. The App should then do a better job at adjusting your Exposure, Contrast and Shadows, and this will greatly reduce risks of Under-Exposing or Over-Exposing your shots. When taking snapshots of people, in case the app can't detect their face, make sure you select it manually, you will definitely get brighter, more detailed skin results. It may be one extra-step, but I personally found out that it was usually worth doing!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

** NO Need to be ROOT **

Learn more about GCam and How to Master it: https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/p/f/2021/05/GCam-Handbook.pdf

Learn more about RamPatcher settings (BSG MGC): https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/dev-bsg/help/2/
    In an effort to make it easier for everyone to get all the APKs and custom XML profiles in one same download, here is a SUPER-PACK which contains all 4 Google Camera mods & all their respective custom profiles for OnePlus 8 Pro:

/// https://ufile.io/ke1459bi \\\

If you enjoy my work, feel free to say 'Thank you' as well as a 'Thumbs Up', allllwayyys appreciated! ^_^
    Well, hello there again :)

🌟 Here is my custom profile (V4.0) for LMC R13 Edition 💥 https://ufile.io/oyfwleal (APK + XML)

1) Just download the file above, unzip it, then install the apk file on your device.

2) Extract the xml configuration file, as well as its folder, onto your phone internal storage.

3) Then, just start the app, give the necessary privileges, double-click on the lower black area near the 'shutter' button of the app, it should allow you to load custom profiles. Select my xml, press ok, and voila! :)

-- XML CHANGELOG --

Lots of improvements and modifications to improve processing speed, quality and reduce noise on different sensors. Some color improvements made on all lenses, especially the IR (ID4), which should now bring very close results to what you see on the viewfinder! Also added some Black & White mode, for those who fancy it.

The XML is set to 'HDR-Net' by default, which means it takes shots instantly (and processes them in a second or two). If you need higher-quality results, just turn it off (using the icon on the left side of the viewfinder) and it will then use 'HDR+Enhanced' mode (15 frames, for good low-light shots especially).

Regarding IR sensor, it uses the real 5 megapixels sensor, so do not expect very high quality shots, especially as we do not have any appropriate noise model in the GCam app yet for it.

-- APP CHANGELOG --

LMC 8.4 Release 13 Fix 2

Added:
    • ISO100, Max.Time, Max.ISO in shutter speed selection.
    • Session selection for the system (initialization, most likely takes precedence over photo mode, necessary for devices that had to switch mode to activate sessions)
    • 6 new sessions at the end of the list, thus adding probably all possible sessions at the moment

Corrections:
    • Fixed work Mi12 Ultra
    • Slightly changed excerpt code
    • Fixes for some devices

'Exposure Compensation' (the 'White Sun' icon on the ViewFinder) is OFF by default. If your shots are too bright, just ENABLE it ('Blue Sun') and the exposure will be lowered.

Oopss, I did it again... :)

🌟 NiCkAM8PRO V6 (LMC R15 GCam) Custom Pack (APK + Profiles): https://gofile.io/d/H33jkl 💥

Changelog & Suggestions:

There are just too many changes in this new release to keep the previous V5x iteration, so here comes V6, with lots of optimizations and improvements in every app department. It would just take too long to mention every modification done to it, but after hours spent working on this new version, I believe it should bring even better noise reduction, speed and overall image quality (compared to previous release).

This time, only 2 custom XMLs are provided: FAST & HQ! They are mostly similar but 'FAST' brings instant shots (using Zero-Shutter Lag -ZSL- mode by default), very fast processing and 12MP image resolution (about 2-4MB per shot), while 'HQ' comes with HDR+Enhanced by default (with as low as 1/5s Exposure time and 20 HDR frames, so be steady for a second or two if shooting at night / in low light!), increased image resolution (6 to 12MB per shot) and therefore some slightly longer image processing time. JPEG compression is kept at 97% for both profiles, as it is a sweet spot in terms of quality / image size.

You can also use 'FAST' xml and activate 'HDR+Enhanced' function in the Quick Settings panel, which should limit Exposure time to 1/15s, for slightly better quality while remaining fast to shoot & process. This is actually the XML that most people should use, but if for any reason you need to use 'HQ', just make sure you are steady / use some stable surface (or increase Exposure time to 1/10s to 1/13s). However, if you use a tripod or a perfectly stable surface, you can even decrease Expo time to 'Max'...

Everything is user-adjustable, especially the exposure time, which can be quickly accessed with some long-press on the Gallery icon. Same goes for the number of HDR frames, which can be reduced or increased (if you use HDR+Enhanced mode).

If your shots are too bright, make use of the Exposure Compensation function (the 'sun' icon) or simply touch the viewfinder area and manually adjust your exposure using the slider.

Almost everything should work, including front & back video from all sensors. There is still no distortion correction for UW sensor, but this is not something that can be solved on my side, unfortunately.

For those with a rooted device / magisk installed (OOS 11/12/13 or custom ROM), you might get some better performance (especially if you get stuck at 1/100s in ZSL mode and wish to get as low as 1/15s) after flashing this magisk module (all credits go to those who developed it, not me): https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/p/camera-unlocker-oneplus-8-9r/?v1-2

As always, take this new release as it is, or leave it, but please remember this is all done for free, took countless hours of (my) time to create and is in no way made by a team of experienced developers. As for anything in life, there is surely room for improvement, and I strongly encourage users to adapt my work to their liking. Please remember that "if you can't say anything nice about something, just don't say anything at all", or at least try to be nice when reporting bugs or suggestions for improvement. And one last thing: we all have different preferences when it comes to photography.

Have fun with it!

NiCkAM8PRO LMC Interface.jpg
    A tiny little update for 'B.S.G GCam profiles pack' that might fix some noise artefacts in some low-light scenarios. If you are fine with previous V5.1, then it's fine, if not, you could try this one :)