After successful release of my previous rom (HarshGinger) for my previous device i would like to share my first ROM for this device.Note that i created this ROM for my personal use, but if you're missing anything or want anything feel free to post here.I'll try my best to fulfill it.
Note that i don't like to theme because it requires too much time.So i've not themed anything.Thats why it is a pure touchwiz experience and touchwiz is not that bad in look.It just sucks in performance.primary aim of this ROM is to provide light,fast and stable system.I saw that there is no active stock based ROM for this device (correct me if i'm wrong).I'll keep updating this ROM.And yeah forgot to mention this ROM was built for i9070.But i think changing tee folder will make it to work on i9070p also (still not familiar with this device).Now i'll keep digging in to framework and apps for improvements.Please stay tuned for updates.Updats will be stand alone installer.So it won't require to download whole ROM again.And it is important to back up your current ROM before flashing this one.
CAUTION:Read entire post before flashing the ROM.
CAUTION:This ROM don't support dual booting.This ROM will always be installed as primary ROM.
yeah, I know that there is nothing new there because its A pure touchwiz experience...
- Pre-rooted with latest SuperSU
- Removed stock File Browser and added Root Browser (If you like it then buy it to support the developer Root Browser)
- build.prop tweaks (of course...!)
- Added CPU settings in settings (support developer of the app no-Frills)
- AOSP Lockscreen toggler with 5 icons and stock lockscreen with 4 icons.Also wtih toggle for Rotation and Haptic Feedback
- Changed initial settings for first boot. (on the first boot phone will be in Airplane Mode to disable mobile data, because my carrier was charging me high just for connecting.You can turn it off)
- sysro,sysrw support (type in terminal sysrw to mount system as re writable and sysro to mount as read only)
- Added zalignx and vac commands.Read below for more details
- Disabled apk signature verification
- [TOGGLE]CRT-OFF animation (only supported on cocore kernel.Thanks to frapeti and cocafe) (Fully fixed with zero bugs)
- Added Terminal Emulater
- Added bash and nano.bash is now default for terminal emulater
- init.d scripts to enhance performance
- [B[TOGGLE]]Ink Effect[/B] Mod
- Optimized Scrolling
- Updated all the apps
- Disabled Edge Zoom in browser
- [TOGGLE]Long Press Back to kill APP (say good bye to non responding apps)
- [TOGGLE]Disabled Ascending Ringtone
- Uses sammy's crappy preload partition for storing system apps. (only core apps are in /system/app else all are moved to /preload.223MB free space in /system.Please back up your /preload partition before flashing this ROM because it'll be formatted.This is not necessary but still recommended)
- Modified TW Launcher
- [TOGGLE]Wake on Disconnect
- [TOGGLE]360 degree Rotation
- [TOGGLE]IME Switcher Notification
- [TOGGLE]Scrolling cache
- [TOGGLE]Safe Headset Volume Notification
- [TOGGLE]WiFi connection Toast
- [TOGGLE]Auto scroll Quickpanel in statusbar (toggles in expanded statusbar)
- Various changes to messaging app
1% battery mod(Reverted because is is displayed in % in Live tile, old statusbar still has this feature)
- Host file for adblocking
- Stereo Recording
- Exteneded Power Menu
- Information Ticker
- Enabled Call Recording Feature
Sense style Task Manager(reverted because it was slow)
- Blocking Mode
- Various Customization options available under HarshJelly Tweaker
- SPlanner Widget
- 4.2 Statusbar with Live Tiles (for more info read third post)
- Sony Small Apps support
- Updated Framework from latest firmware XXLQL
- Master Key Security bug Fixed
- Wireless ADB
- [TOGGLE]Follow statusbar Transparency in Lockscreen
- KK Style statusbar icons
- [TOGGLE]Lockscreen Blur Effect
- [TOGGLE]Double tap statusbar to sleep
- Better thumbnail generation for less storage usage
Odexed framework and some apps for faster boot and fast access
- Read changelog below
Note that this ROM is built for cocore 6.8 or later.Some features won't work with previous versions.If you're using network file system, then you'll also need to install cocore kernel again.
- Download the ROM
- Download Latest Update (No need to download all updates.Just download latest one)
- Flash ROM
- Reboot Device (to generate dalvik cache).If you're upgrading HarshJelly then you can skip this step.
- Flash Update (no need to wipe anything)
- Open HarshJelly Tweaker and press menu and select Reset To default
- Reboot Device and now set options you like in HarshJelly Tweaker
- If any Hotfix is available for you installed version then download it and flash it now
TWRP has some problems
Upgrading from previous versions:
For HJ > 5.1
- Flash version 1.00 without wiping anything
- Flash latest version without wiping anything
For HJ <= 5.1
- Flash latest version without wiping anything
HarshJelly v1.00 (MD5:90a98fec1bcc34def8048de1e334ae71)
HarshJelly v1.00 (Mediafire)
HarshJelly v5.2 (MD5:70be2821af64919c78a5091e616eeef4)
HarshJelly Tweaker v4.31
Sony Small Apps (for HarshJelly 3.1 and later)
(these can be flashed over any version)
VIPER4Android for better sound
Stock Gallery for janice
TextMemo (for sticky note widget)
Samsung stock file Manager
Camera lag fix (not my work.You'll loose some of my modification)
Original Statusbar (which was used in HarshJelly < 4.0)
(These packages won't flash framework-res.It'll just patch them.So few KBs in size hence they can be flashed over any ROM.Feel free to share them but don't forget about credits)
- I'm waiting for them...
@majdinj - For his compilation of Guides
@jarari2 - For Ink Effect
@Mirko ddd - For his guides
@DSA - For guides
CM Team - For being open source
Remind me if i forgot to add your name...
And at last....
Sorry for my bad English and Format of the post.I tried my best to format well this post (spent 2 hours still couldn't make it beautiful)
NOTE:Flash this ROM at your own Risk i'm not responsible for any damage to your Device.
And please don't mirror files.If you want to share it then give link to this thread.
Liked my ROM? Then press the thanks button...
HarshJelly ROM, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S Advance I9070
ROM OS Version: 4.1.x Jelly Bean
ROM Firmware Required: Any JB Firmware
Last Updated 2014-12-09