[UPDATE 06/07/2010][APP][SOURCE]Wallpaper Changer - WaPaC 1.4

Search This thread

pedmond

Jun 22, 2007
@Rapid: Please do NOT update WaPac for CHT 2. If you do, I will have the perfect phone, and then what? I'll have to buy a new one, with Android or even Win 7 (although I doubt that) and start all over again :)

selukwe

Sep 15, 2010
Bratislava Slovakia
Feature suggestion

A small suggestion for an update:

If you rename or delete a folder that has been selected by WaPaC to store images, the next time you re-save the folder settings the program gets into error and has to be closed. This could be easily prevented by adding a feature to delete a folder setting at will, which so far cannot be done otherwise than by unchecking the selection - but it may not be available anymore so then there's nothing to be selected and unchecked...

At the same time a checkbox activating or temporarily deactivating selected folder(s) could come handy, instead of manually removing them and later storing them back again which is not as neat and handy.

Last edited:

romualdrichard

Dec 3, 2007
ASNIERES SUR SEINE
Hi,
I have a small issue with Wapac.
Sometime the scheduler is out of date and not updated. Typically, if you have a scheduled change during a reboot.
And after, no update. You have to go th ehs settings, stop the scheduler and restart it.
I think that you should restart the scheduler after a reboot.

mightymouse2045

May 9, 2007
Problem configuring - can't select folders

It's pretty finicky trying to select the folder checkbox - I mean it looks obvious - click in the white box next to the folder name to select it - but trying about 20 times without it moving into the folder itself and having to go back out - I was starting to think hmmm perhaps that's not a check box - but finally I was able to get it just right and select my folder whoohoooooo

On another note if you have two folders with the same start name ie:

\My Storage\Program Files
\My Storage\Programs (Which is auto created for Powerdic)

Only Programs is listed not the two folders. Not a huge issue because I moved my wallpapers into My Documents - but just a bug you should know about :)

Cheers man - I like it :)

Jimmm2000

Aug 27, 2009
Perfect soft, thank you!

2 problems so far:
1. if I schedule to change wallpapers every hour, my device will sometimes never wake up.
2. sometimes lockscreen wallpaper stucks (I can't change it anymore) and only soft reset helps.

I change wallpaper and lockscreen only. My phone: HTC Prophet with WM 6.5

mollu

May 31, 2009
Tartu
Bug?

Hey!

I do not know exactly what I did, but now I get such an error:

WaPaC_Set.exe
FormatException

at System.DateTimeParse.Parse(String s, DateTimeFormatInfo dtfi, DateTimeStyles styles)
at System.Convert.ToDateTime(String value, IFormatProvider provider)
at System.String.System.IConvertible.ToDateTime(IFormatProvider provider)
at System.Convert.ToDateTime(Object value, IFormatProvider provider)
at WaPaC_Set.Form1.LoadConfig()
at WaPaC_Set.Form1.Form1_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form._SetVisibleNotify(Boolean fVis)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.set_Visible(Boolean value)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form fm)
at WaPaC_Set.Form1.Main()

Maybe it is related somehow with time-date and region change? (tested different energy roms for my topaz, time->add a year + region en-us -> et)

I will try to reinstall it, but if you want to make it "bullet proof" then you should check it! ;)

Reinstalled - no help

Great app by the way!

Some ideas:
Add support also for "[Manila][04-Oct-2010] Co0kie's Home Tab v2.0.0 Beta" (search, cant add link)
Add support for landscape wallpapers (so there will be 2 different groups)
Add possibility to select different folder (groups) for home, lockscreen and so on
Why is it loading/sorting/saving folders so slowly? Is it related to the progress bar update? (on my td2 it is taking ~20s per folder)

xborfi

May 10, 2008
why this thread is dead? do we get any update for CHT2? Rapid please release an update for CHT2 :( we have missed your great software,

Rapid81

Dec 17, 2009
why this thread is dead? do we get any update for CHT2? Rapid please release an update for CHT2 :( we have missed your great software,

Hi!
I did not have time for this project lately. I will look into it, but I'm not promising anything, because I'm working hard.

I'm thinking to move this project to opensource, if we have someone to taken up the project and develop it further.

Do we have anybody who can do this? Write here or pm or email.

MichelDiamond

Retired Recognized Developer
Jul 6, 2009
mmh - I hoped for different wallpaper apps - so each app can have different focusses on something, so that the user has a choice.

Ok...but before there is nothing anymore, an offer: I could overtake it - in CHTS I already have a wallpaper changer for CHT v2 & Today-Wall which can be configured and used seperatly of the rest of the CHTS-suite. The difference is only, that I made it in C, not C# - because it's faster and better for battery and more secure (no .net errors possible) - and the configure interface is Sense SDK, so C#.
I could look into Source Code and look if there's something, which can be added and program this then in C.
And I would work more priorized to the wishes of the former WaPaC-Users, that they have their most loved features the in CHTS-Wallpaper changer. I anyway will extend chts wallpaper switcher, so it's only a kind a re-priorization in this part.

But I would need some WaPaC-users, who helps me, that we can go this way and tell me, what's important.

Regards
Micha

santod040

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Nov 7, 2008
NorCal
@Micha,
Hahaha, I was just thinking about you as I read the post before yours a few minutes ago.
Since I know how well you are doing this in CHTS already.
Now I see, here you are.
So, I must only think of you doing something, and then it happens???:D

donwhann

Jan 14, 2010
somewhere near York
mmh - I hoped for different wallpaper apps - so each app can have different focusses on something, so that the user has a choice.

Ok...but before there is nothing anymore, an offer: I could overtake it - in CHTS I already have a wallpaper changer for CHT v2 & Today-Wall which can be configured and used seperatly of the rest of the CHTS-suite. The difference is only, that I made it in C, not C# - because it's faster and better for battery and more secure (no .net errors possible) - and the configure interface is Sense SDK, so C#.
I could look into Source Code and look if there's something, which can be added and program this then in C.
And I would work more priorized to the wishes of the former WaPaC-Users, that they have their most loved features the in CHTS-Wallpaper changer. I anyway will extend chts wallpaper switcher, so it's only a kind a re-priorization in this part.

But I would need some WaPaC-users, who helps me, that we can go this way and tell me, what's important.

Regards
Micha

hey Micha, its a real shame Rapid81 cant continue due to commitments so having you on board would be good. a lot of guys use this app so lets have it !!!
i use WaPaC, its a fantastic little app. what do you need to know..?, but please bear in mind, im no coder or anything, give me a .cab and im fine. if theres anyway i can help out, i'll do my best......

MichelDiamond

Jul 6, 2009
hey Micha, its a real shame Rapid81 cant continue due to commitments so having you on board would be good. a lot of guys use this app so lets have it !!!
i use WaPaC, its a fantastic little app. what do you need to know..?, but please bear in mind, im no coder or anything, give me a .cab and im fine. if theres anyway i can help out, i'll do my best......

The coder is then me :) So no need for that. I would suggest to read the quick manual for CHTS to know, how it can single configured without using the rest of CHTS (Quick-Manual -> Chapter 2.2)

CHTS: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=792178

Quick-Manual + Manual:
[ [

One restriction: IT will work with CHT v2 - I won't add compatibility to 1.8.5, there have much things changed - especially for the power modes.
But as soon as final of CHT v2 is released - that's not the big deal.

So I need this help of you - and thanx for your offer:

- read manual and tell me, which features you are missing. Directory sorting, other wallpapers, which have to be switched or so.

if somebody is a little bit experienced in C#, he can also add some things to WaPaC-Code directly, that it can run without CHT and I make a interface in CHTS then, that it can be combined.

So - just tell me the wishes - that's the best help :)

But I also want to wait, what Rapid says to the idea. We PM'ed today only short so far.

Regards
Micha

Rapid81

Dec 17, 2009

Yeah, it's really a shame from me that I made a program for you guys for free and I don't have enough free time to update it as you wish, because I have a job and a kid and a wife and I need to care about them. And it's a real shame from me that I made this little program for free and everybody complains about everything and everybody wants everything, but if you check the first post, I had only 4 donators (I know you're one of them). I have a life and not the virtual one. So, this is not a shame...

donwhann

Jan 14, 2010
somewhere near York
Yeah, it's really a shame from me that I made a program for you guys for free and I don't have enough free time to update it as you wish, because I have a job and a kid and a wife and I need to care about them. And it's a real shame from me that I made this little program for free and everybody complains about everything and everybody wants everything, but if you check the first post, I had only 4 donators (I know you're one of them). I have a life and not the virtual one. So, this is not a shame...
whoa dude.....calm down, that WASNT a dig or anything at you. you have read my post and taken it the wrong way. i fully understand the reasons why you cant carry on, and its a shame, thats all.......

Last edited:

Rapid81

Dec 17, 2009
whoa dude.....calm down, that WASNT a dig or anything at you. you have read my post and taken it the wrong way. i fully understand the reasons why you cant carry on, and its a shame, thats all.......

Then the correct word is "sad" not shame. This is a sad thing.

MichelDiamond

Jul 6, 2009
yeah, it's a hard work and if anybody counts the spent hours, then there the payment is really bad :)
I do it also as hobby and sometimes someone forgets, that there are no commercial apps - the apps are free and like in stone age, everybody contributes in any way to the community.
the system is good, as long this is considered.
I know it especially from CHT and also of CHTS, that this is forgotten by some users. they see an eta and thinks we have nothing else to do... so then as consequence the eta is no more an eta (or if totally stressing: kill project).
my parents teached me, to say at least thank you for a present. and some user hadn't such parents... they get a present and asks "what will I get next?"
but I'm happy that there are other users - they help in testing, make an own app/skin/theme/..., give a 5 rating for an app and/or say thank you in thread. to know, that somebody run your app at the other end of the world is a nice appreciation.that's a nice hobby so :)

so my big appreciation for your work, Rapid - you made a great app - and in the current state, this app will life on for a long time also.

And so I understand (sure I regret) your decision, but family and kids are important.

thanx for all what you have done.

Micha

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Wallpaper Changer - WaPaC 1.4
    Created by Rapid

Now OpenSource (see the bottom of this post)​

Because I don't have time to develop this application further and the current state of the program is fine for my use, I share the WaPaC's source by the community now.

A few terms, what you need to consider, before you use the source and consider to develop it in the future:
    1. The WaPaC name needs to stay as it is, or if not and you use the source code, you need to mention it!
    2. You need to mention my name, as the original developer of this program and where are the sources came from
    3. You need to mention mohitsapru's name, as the developer of the scheduler component
    4. I need a PM (or email) about the releases where you used the source or the release of a new WaPaC version
    5. The future versions needs to be Windows Mobile version and Resolution free a.k.a. needs to work on every WinMo versions (5.0, 6.0, 6.1, 6.5, 6.5.X) and all resolutions!

I created a wallpaper changer application (WaPaC), to the scheduled wallpaper changing on WM's Today and on Sense. Tested on Samsung Omnia 2 with Sense 2.5 and everything is working fine.

The program is not a beta anymore, but still under development and may contains some bugs.

Changes in 1.4
    • No maximum files number anymore (maximum folders number is still 100)
    • A "Change NOW interface" added to select the needed UI to the change
    • Now the settings app shows the next time of the schedule
    • Random and continuously change setting added (you'll see randomizing popup window sometimes)
    • Intervals minimum set low to 1 minute with 1 minute steps
    • Besides the interval, now you can change the wallpapers at a specific time, like 8:00AM every day
    • The "back to the previous wallpaper" function is added and accessible with the "-prev" parameter and will change all choosen UI's wallpapers back to the previous one (not 100% if you use more than 1 directory for wallpapers storing).
    • The installer creates a "Change Now" and "Previous wallpaper" shortcut
    • Because I cannot create a setup.dll, the additional shortcuts is downloadable from the bottom of this post, but you need to edit the files, if you're not install the app to the device.
    • Several minor and major bugfixes

Changes in 1.3
    • The program is now compatible with CHT 1.8.X. You can change the wallpaper of the Home tab, All tab and CHT Lockscreen.
    • When you plug your phone to USB with Mass Storage settings, and the needed folder is not available to the WaPaC (or you deleted a selected folder), the app not crash.
    • Context menu added to the Selected Folders list to remove folders (if the folder is not available anymore, etc.)
    • The application is pops up a warning in the case you not select any UI, when you want to save the settings (not when you uncheck all).

Changes in 1.21
    • The folder changing bug fixed (when you tap on a folder and jumped to an other in the selected one)

Changes in 1.2
    • Redesigned interface
    • Separated setting for "Change on Windows start" (If you have an earlier version installed, then you need to uncheck and save, then recheck and save the "Start with Windows" option, because the shortcut contents is changed)
    • You can choose Minutes or Hours format at Interval settings
    • Interval changed to 5-1440 minutes or 1 to 24 hours
    • "Change NOW" button added
    • "Change only in idle state" option added (This means, if you're using the phone (the backlight is on) in the time when the scheduled change comes, the changing is delayed)
    • Maximum selectable folder number is 100

Changes in 1.1ß
    - Folderselection is now free
    - Maximum picture number changed to 10000/folder
    - No need to refresh the list when you put new pictures in a selected folder
    - Selected folders list stored and displayed after start and easy to modify.
    - You can add a folder to the selected folders list by checking the checkbox near the folder's name. You can remove by the same method.
    The program's not listing the directories with the following names:
    - Windows
    - Program Files
    - Application data
    - ConnMgr
    - Documents and Settings
    - Temp

Changes in 1.03ß (1.02 skipped, because some real trouble):
    - S2U2 background change added (not tested)
    - Settings saving corrected (HKCU\Software\WaPaC\)
    - Interval steps changed to 5 mins
    - Settings application supports all resolutions (tested on VGA, QVGA, WQVGA, WVGA, Square)

Changes in 1.01ß
    - Start with Windows option problem fixed
    - Clear Sense Background option added

Features:

- maximum 10000 pictures from multiple folders
    - changeable interval from 10 to 720 minutes (12 hours)
    - chooseable user interface to change background (Today and Sense)
    - same wallpaper for the 2 UI or not :)
    - start with Windows possibility
    - not use memory at all, the changing starts with schedule and then quit
    - separate settings application (only WVGA resolution supported yet)
    - you can start/stop the scheduling in the settings app

Special thanx:
    mohitsapru for his help

It is possible the program is working on other Sense, Manila or TouchFlo versions than Sense 2.5, if the wallpaper stored in the same place.

If you want to test it, download the cab and please give me some feedback and ideas, if you have any, to improve the app.

Download
    If you appriciate my work, don't forget to buy me a beer...
    https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=10789299

Big thanx to who's appriciated my work 'till now!
    • 5€ Matthiew Marks
    • 7€ donwhann
    • 5€ Joao Costa
    • 5€ Naga01
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone