[UPDATE 06/07/2010][APP][SOURCE]Wallpaper Changer - WaPaC 1.4

Search This thread

dagosjt

Dec 12, 2006
Roma
Hello Micha,
here it is again after CHTS :). I still have to install the 2.10, but let's speak about it in the right thread and when I'll be able to say something.
However, thank you to Micha, Rapid81 and all people so kind and generous first of all!

About WapaC, that was my suggestions in the past. I already wrote you in CHTS thread for something related do Manila, for now I simply copy and paste suggestions I made some time ago:

Now I've a lot of suggestions for you. By the way I've already implemented via mortscript but if you would like to implement in your program it will be much better even for me, because script are slower and less reliable.
If you think it could be useful I can show you where you can download my script that I already shared.

Let's start with suggestion:
For my script I use this kind of "configuration row":

SmallImageL=\Storage Card\Foto\My Pictures L\|file|smallImage2.jpg|400|240
OthersBigP=\Storage Card\Skin\Wad2\Wallpaper800_P\Other|dir|othersBigP .jpg|0|0
OthersSmallL=\Storage Card\Skin\Wad2\Wallpaper800_L\Other|dir|othersSmal lL.jpg|400|240
DigitalClock=\Storage Card\Skin\Wad2\DigitalClocks|folder|DigitalClock\C lock|0|0

Fields are separated by "|" and meanings are:
<Source Dir>|<type>|<destination>|<resize_width>|<resize_l ength>

So I can:

- If <type> equals "file" script substitutes the destination file with a randomly chosen file directly below source dir.
- If <type> equals "dir" script substitutes the destination file with a randomly chosen file below one level subdirs of source dir. Useful if you catalog your wallpapers to better organize them but want to mix them during schedule.
- If <type> equals "folder" script substitutes all the files inside a folder with the ones taken by a randomly chosen folder below source dir. Useful if you want for example to substitute clocks, made by 4/5 manila files
- I put automatic resizing if wanted to automatically adapt pictures size if needed. For me 0 means don't resize, else resize in my example to 400x240. Could be useful if you already know the "perfect" size for a kind of wallpaper.
- This kind of organization let me choose a different background for different applications like PowerRadio or G-Alarm, simply knowing the background path for such applications. And I would able for example to use my personal pics for lockscreen and instead nature pics for all tab CHT and 960x800 pics for wide CHT. Every folder a different meaning.

I would add the chance to choose between a random and a linear sequence.

Francesco

bass122

Jul 7, 2008
Then the correct word is "sad" not shame. This is a sad thing.

Exactly!!!
totally different!
But when you follow the thread
You would know donwhann is full of gratitude as we all do.
Especially for developer like Micha and Rapid would "listen" what user says and respond so soon.
Many company hardly listen what customer wants.
As Micha said, we all understand and feeling grateful.
This world gets better because we all do our job, what we're good at.
So don't forget there's a lot of people saying thank you and giving wishes.
That's something that money can't buy.
So keep up the good work and good luck on your "real" job!!!:)

Last edited:

MichelDiamond

Retired Recognized Developer
Jul 6, 2009
Hello Micha,
here it is again after CHTS :). I still have to install the 2.10, but let's speak about it in the right thread and when I'll be able to say something.
However, thank you to Micha, Rapid81 and all people so kind and generous first of all!

About WapaC, that was my suggestions in the past. I already wrote you in CHTS thread for something related do Manila, for now I simply copy and paste suggestions I made some time ago:

Now I've a lot of suggestions for you. By the way I've already implemented via mortscript but if you would like to implement in your program it will be much better even for me, because script are slower and less reliable.
If you think it could be useful I can show you where you can download my script that I already shared.

Let's start with suggestion:
For my script I use this kind of "configuration row":

SmallImageL=\Storage Card\Foto\My Pictures L\|file|smallImage2.jpg|400|240
OthersBigP=\Storage Card\Skin\Wad2\Wallpaper800_P\Other|dir|othersBigP .jpg|0|0
OthersSmallL=\Storage Card\Skin\Wad2\Wallpaper800_L\Other|dir|othersSmal lL.jpg|400|240
DigitalClock=\Storage Card\Skin\Wad2\DigitalClocks|folder|DigitalClock\C lock|0|0

Fields are separated by "|" and meanings are:
<Source Dir>|<type>|<destination>|<resize_width>|<resize_l ength>

So I can:

- If <type> equals "file" script substitutes the destination file with a randomly chosen file directly below source dir.
- If <type> equals "dir" script substitutes the destination file with a randomly chosen file below one level subdirs of source dir. Useful if you catalog your wallpapers to better organize them but want to mix them during schedule.
- If <type> equals "folder" script substitutes all the files inside a folder with the ones taken by a randomly chosen folder below source dir. Useful if you want for example to substitute clocks, made by 4/5 manila files
- I put automatic resizing if wanted to automatically adapt pictures size if needed. For me 0 means don't resize, else resize in my example to 400x240. Could be useful if you already know the "perfect" size for a kind of wallpaper.
- This kind of organization let me choose a different background for different applications like PowerRadio or G-Alarm, simply knowing the background path for such applications. And I would able for example to use my personal pics for lockscreen and instead nature pics for all tab CHT and 960x800 pics for wide CHT. Every folder a different meaning.

I would add the chance to choose between a random and a linear sequence.

Francesco

Hi Francesco,

yeah - let's talk on in CHTS-thread, so that it suits to the rest.
If I got you right, then you need a flexibility for the destination. but how is this triggered by the app?
it would be good, if you point me to the mortscript, then I can look, what's possible.I think, I have an idea, but at first I must be sure, that I understood it.
at best - direct answer in CHTS-Thread for it - so I have the wishes in one place for later.

@bass122: wise words, mate!

zhiiscool

Aug 23, 2010
i have a suggestion, its more like something i would like implemented.

the option to select seperate wallpaper folders for the home page and the today screen (start menu).

santod040

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Nov 7, 2008
NorCal
i have a suggestion, its more like something i would like implemented.

the option to select seperate wallpaper folders for the home page and the today screen (start menu).

Not sure if you use CHT or not.
I strongly recommend it and also CHTS for scheduling all wallpapers, Today, Hometab, AllTabs, Landscape, Lockscreen, and much much more. :)
Especially since the Dev on WaPac is now pretty well done.
Development on CHTS is currently very strong and working very very well.

mww1977

Jan 25, 2010
Arnhem
THANKS!!!!

This is the app that I've been looking for!
It works great om my standard HTC Touch Pro!

It also works on my Dell Axim X51 with win 5.1!

Thanks!

Rapid81

Dec 17, 2009
The source is uploaded. Check the first post for terms of use and for the source code!

xborfi

May 10, 2008
thank you, but what do I need to open it? VS2006 or newer builds? I want tyo try and develop for CHT2

mww1977

Jan 25, 2010
Arnhem
Stuck after cycling all pictures

Hi Rapid,

Your program works great, but there is a hick-up!
When the last of my wallpapers has been shown...the very first wallpaper shows up and doesn't change anymore! Still the program keeps loading the next wallpaper.
I have to shut the program down...reload the standard background...soft reset the my device and restart the program. and this needs to be done on my HTC touch pro with WM6.1 as well as my Dell Axim X51 with WM5. The start on windows start isn't working either.

Is this all due to my divices or a tiny glitch in the program?

Thanks in advance for an working solution because it's a great addition to my devices! (even with this problem!)

Mike

creativeme

Dec 15, 2011
This is interesting app and very cool to try out !

But is it possible to have the wallpapers changed in order ( like first 01.jpg the 02.jpg & so on ) . I have experienced that pictures change randomly when the folder is specified.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Wallpaper Changer - WaPaC 1.4
    Created by Rapid

Now OpenSource (see the bottom of this post)​

Because I don't have time to develop this application further and the current state of the program is fine for my use, I share the WaPaC's source by the community now.

A few terms, what you need to consider, before you use the source and consider to develop it in the future:
    1. The WaPaC name needs to stay as it is, or if not and you use the source code, you need to mention it!
    2. You need to mention my name, as the original developer of this program and where are the sources came from
    3. You need to mention mohitsapru's name, as the developer of the scheduler component
    4. I need a PM (or email) about the releases where you used the source or the release of a new WaPaC version
    5. The future versions needs to be Windows Mobile version and Resolution free a.k.a. needs to work on every WinMo versions (5.0, 6.0, 6.1, 6.5, 6.5.X) and all resolutions!

I created a wallpaper changer application (WaPaC), to the scheduled wallpaper changing on WM's Today and on Sense. Tested on Samsung Omnia 2 with Sense 2.5 and everything is working fine.

The program is not a beta anymore, but still under development and may contains some bugs.

Changes in 1.4
    • No maximum files number anymore (maximum folders number is still 100)
    • A "Change NOW interface" added to select the needed UI to the change
    • Now the settings app shows the next time of the schedule
    • Random and continuously change setting added (you'll see randomizing popup window sometimes)
    • Intervals minimum set low to 1 minute with 1 minute steps
    • Besides the interval, now you can change the wallpapers at a specific time, like 8:00AM every day
    • The "back to the previous wallpaper" function is added and accessible with the "-prev" parameter and will change all choosen UI's wallpapers back to the previous one (not 100% if you use more than 1 directory for wallpapers storing).
    • The installer creates a "Change Now" and "Previous wallpaper" shortcut
    • Because I cannot create a setup.dll, the additional shortcuts is downloadable from the bottom of this post, but you need to edit the files, if you're not install the app to the device.
    • Several minor and major bugfixes

Changes in 1.3
    • The program is now compatible with CHT 1.8.X. You can change the wallpaper of the Home tab, All tab and CHT Lockscreen.
    • When you plug your phone to USB with Mass Storage settings, and the needed folder is not available to the WaPaC (or you deleted a selected folder), the app not crash.
    • Context menu added to the Selected Folders list to remove folders (if the folder is not available anymore, etc.)
    • The application is pops up a warning in the case you not select any UI, when you want to save the settings (not when you uncheck all).

Changes in 1.21
    • The folder changing bug fixed (when you tap on a folder and jumped to an other in the selected one)

Changes in 1.2
    • Redesigned interface
    • Separated setting for "Change on Windows start" (If you have an earlier version installed, then you need to uncheck and save, then recheck and save the "Start with Windows" option, because the shortcut contents is changed)
    • You can choose Minutes or Hours format at Interval settings
    • Interval changed to 5-1440 minutes or 1 to 24 hours
    • "Change NOW" button added
    • "Change only in idle state" option added (This means, if you're using the phone (the backlight is on) in the time when the scheduled change comes, the changing is delayed)
    • Maximum selectable folder number is 100

Changes in 1.1ß
    - Folderselection is now free
    - Maximum picture number changed to 10000/folder
    - No need to refresh the list when you put new pictures in a selected folder
    - Selected folders list stored and displayed after start and easy to modify.
    - You can add a folder to the selected folders list by checking the checkbox near the folder's name. You can remove by the same method.
    The program's not listing the directories with the following names:
    - Windows
    - Program Files
    - Application data
    - ConnMgr
    - Documents and Settings
    - Temp

Changes in 1.03ß (1.02 skipped, because some real trouble):
    - S2U2 background change added (not tested)
    - Settings saving corrected (HKCU\Software\WaPaC\)
    - Interval steps changed to 5 mins
    - Settings application supports all resolutions (tested on VGA, QVGA, WQVGA, WVGA, Square)

Changes in 1.01ß
    - Start with Windows option problem fixed
    - Clear Sense Background option added

Features:

- maximum 10000 pictures from multiple folders
    - changeable interval from 10 to 720 minutes (12 hours)
    - chooseable user interface to change background (Today and Sense)
    - same wallpaper for the 2 UI or not :)
    - start with Windows possibility
    - not use memory at all, the changing starts with schedule and then quit
    - separate settings application (only WVGA resolution supported yet)
    - you can start/stop the scheduling in the settings app

Special thanx:
    mohitsapru for his help

It is possible the program is working on other Sense, Manila or TouchFlo versions than Sense 2.5, if the wallpaper stored in the same place.

If you want to test it, download the cab and please give me some feedback and ideas, if you have any, to improve the app.

Download
    If you appriciate my work, don't forget to buy me a beer...
    https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=10789299

Big thanx to who's appriciated my work 'till now!
    • 5€ Matthiew Marks
    • 7€ donwhann
    • 5€ Joao Costa
    • 5€ Naga01