Question Update 12.0.4 reviews, did it solve issues?

Search This thread

fastleo63

Nov 26, 2009
Ferrara
OnePlus One
Xiaomi Poco F3
At the moment my F3 seems to be a lucky device, because I have a rather decent screen (only an almost imperceptible green tint at 0 brightness in the upper-center side, around the selfiecam); I suffered no shutdowns nor reboots and no screen dim, too.
In my case the 12.0.4 Update gave me a little more battery backup when in standby (but I never had drain problems).
The Cleaner app issue was still present on my device since 12.0.2, but disappeared after a few more hours of use.

Last edited:
Reactions: MuhammadZeeshan7

djuroue1

Nov 9, 2011
At the moment my F3 seems to be a lucky device, because I have a rather decent screen (only an almost imperceptible green tint at 0 brightness in the upper-center side, around the selfiecam); I suffered no shutdowns nor reboots and no screen dim, too. In my case the 12.0.4 Update gave me a little more battery backup when in standby. The cleaner issue was still present on my device since 12.0.2, but disappeared after a few hours of use.
I have green tint at low brightnes on grey but Indont care, every amoled has it.You got lucky.I am happy with a phone, my xs max has tint too but costs five times more.They just need to get rid of grey in UI.Use black insteed.

fastleo63

Nov 26, 2009
Ferrara
OnePlus One
Xiaomi Poco F3
I have green tint at low brightnes on grey but Indont care, every amoled has it.You got lucky.I am happy with a phone, my xs max has tint too but costs five times more.They just need to get rid of grey in UI.Use black insteed.
I'm very happy, too.
Screen issues on all self-emitting screens used in OLED and plasma TV are brightness-dependent.
I own a Panasonic set equipped with a PDP unit; it must be correctly set with the right brightness level because an eccessively reduced value introduces a non linear behavior at low IREs, with black crushing and banding artifacts.
So if you set the slider of the F3 at about 50%, you won't notice anything at all.
BTW, I forgot to say that my haptic unit is working very well, too...

Reactions: djuroue1

beggisch

May 11, 2016
so first night with 12.0.4 and I lost 11%, so for me it didnt fix anything...
Screenshot_2021-04-21-05-47-09-291_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg

zorglub222

Apr 11, 2021
i got some xiaomi for years and their update are just joke,the 12.04 didnt fix anything but i had a pretty good battery before now its bad and i lose % pretty fast,they are best to copy the look /os of apple or samsung but when its about to copy good update,they fail

djuroue1

Nov 9, 2011
50% is phones sleep mode ,(6%) for 9h isnt that bad.Problem is what ever is that OTHERS apps because these use lot of battery.
This battery app isnt good at all...

Shadeslayer13

Jul 29, 2015
for me it's the "Phone Idle" process that takes 10% of battery per night, in Aeroplane mode. Also nothing suspicious in BetterBatteryStats. just bad battery managment in the OS.

I did also have the Other apps using a lot issue, but it went away after my final round of debloat and turning off WiFi and Bluetooth scanning (for some reason Google Play Services still scans WiFi and Bluetooth even in Aeroplane mode)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    12.0.5 drain gone, reboots gone, shudowns gone, very happy! Great phone overall!
    Post the reviews here if the update is good on your device
    Hi,
    After update , there's a new bug with Mi Security "Cleaner"
    Not a new bug, I had this cleaner bug since I got this phone 5 days ago. It's not a new bug, just still persistent.
    At the moment my F3 seems to be a lucky device, because I have a rather decent screen (only an almost imperceptible green tint at 0 brightness in the upper-center side, around the selfiecam); I suffered no shutdowns nor reboots and no screen dim, too. In my case the 12.0.4 Update gave me a little more battery backup when in standby. The cleaner issue was still present on my device since 12.0.2, but disappeared after a few hours of use.
    Post the reviews here if the update is good on your device
    In my case i had issues with part of screen not registering touches (after a while) and requiring a reboot to fix.. today it did not re-occur with 12.0.4 but need to give it some more time to be sure..
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone