General Update 13.1.21

Search This thread

ajschill77

Jul 6, 2020
Hello, I updated my phone to the miui fold 13.1.21. It says that it has updates to the display while folded but do not see any changes. Anyone know what this update has? Thanks

frcraig

Jan 3, 2017
Halifax
I got the notification that the update was available, but I'm rooted with Magisk and when I tried to proceed with the instructions to preserve root by "uninstall magisk / restore images", I'm confronted with the "stock backup does not exist" so I'm not sure what to do next.

Reactions: invensmaster

frcraig

Jan 3, 2017
Halifax
  • @frcraig
    Ignore "After restoring stock images", since other devices can't receive OTA before do that (updater detects root and block OTA) but Xiaomi allows OTA download even when rooted.
    AndroPlus: Thank you very much! I googled "Magisk stock backup does not exist" for hours and none of the articles mentioned that you can just ignore "after restoring stock images" on Xiaomi devices. You are a genius. It worked like a charm! The offical Magisk OTA guide should include your information.

frcraig

Jan 3, 2017
Halifax
Hello, I updated my phone to the miui fold 13.1.21. It says that it has updates to the display while folded but do not see any changes. Anyone know what this update has? Thanks
One of my issues with this device was that the font on the folded screen was so small that emails and text messages were almost too small for me to read. If I unfolded the phone the font was much larger and more readable. Now, after applying this update, the font on the folded screen is much larger and much more readable.

Reactions: ajschill77

knives of ice

Jul 12, 2007
Xiaomi Mix Fold 2
If anyone knows a way to force and update please let me know. I've used a VPN to change my location to China, India, etc and still get that no update is available.

when I try to flash manually in the app after downloading the file I get this message:

"miui couldn't verify update package update via usb instead"

I just need to know how I can get the update or flash the file without losing root in magisk and my data. thanks

frcraig

Jan 3, 2017
Halifax
If anyone knows a way to force and update please let me know. I've used a VPN to change my location to China, India, etc and still get that no update is available.

when I try to flash manually in the app after downloading the file I get this message:

I just need to know how I can get the update or flash the file without losing root in magisk and my data. thanks
Not sure I'd be brave enough to try this, but you can look it over:

frcraig

Jan 3, 2017
Halifax

Updates are pushed to devices by IMEI number. I got my device the day it was released, so it will hit other devices shortly. There are no major improvements with this incremental update that I noticed other than the display (font size) on the folded screen and the new option to require a swipe when going from unfolded to folded. Are you placing the full Recovery ROM or the incremental update .zip into the update/incremental_OTA folder? Maybe try downloading from a different source. You can use the MIUI Downloader app available on the PlayStore to get the Recovery ROM or incremental OTA directly from the Xiaomi servers.

knives of ice

Jul 12, 2007
Xiaomi Mix Fold 2
Not sure I'd be brave enough to try this, but you can look it over:

with this module it works perfectly now, just finished updating.

all you do is download the update file yourself and then you no longer get that error with this module.

just flash and follow the instructions you posted, install magisk after OTA and reboot. all good

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I got the notification that the update was available, but I'm rooted with Magisk and when I tried to proceed with the instructions to preserve root by "uninstall magisk / restore images", I'm confronted with the "stock backup does not exist" so I'm not sure what to do next.
    One of my issues with this device was that the font on the folded screen was so small that emails and text messages were almost too small for me to read. If I unfolded the phone the font was much larger and more readable. Now, after applying this update, the font on the folded screen is much larger and much more readable.
    With this update you now have the option to "swipe up to continue" with app when folded.