Update 19 April

Search This thread

asiancuta

Feb 24, 2010
Georgia
aight the BIG question tho is does this SAMSUNG issued update that updates the firmware, radio, and bootloader....does it fix the microSD card issue???

nathantw

Nov 18, 2009
OS version: 7.0.7390.0
Firmware revision number: 2103.11.3.3
Hardware revision number: 3.1.0.7
Radio software version: 2103.11.3.3
Radio hardware version: 0.0.0.3
Bootloader version: 5.3.1.6
Chip SOC version: 0.36.2.0"

I updated my phone on March 30th. However, since you posted this I noticed that the Firmware version was different than the one I had (2103.10.10.1) and the Bootloader version different (4.10.01). So AT&T included a new Focus firmware update and bootloader version.

My phone was branded 000-88 before and Zune was saying my phone was up to date. I rebranded my phone to ATT-US and I'm getting the update now.

I'm hoping that once the phone is updated with the new firmware that it won't mysteriously reboot as often (something it didn't do before I updated on March 30th).

Thresher

Aug 9, 2006
I'm a bit frustrated, maybe someone can help, it will be appreicated.

My S Focus is bare bones stock with some apps. I never installed Chevron, etc. Just wanted to wait for AT&T official update. So today has come, it says a February update is available for my phone but the update fails and tosses out a code 800705B4 which is a 'timeout' error. MS KB points to using the Windows Phone Support Tool but the tool can't find anything to restore.

Am I missing something with the update tool? I think the one issue I may be causing is using a third party micro usb, I have no idea what the original looked like...and don't know if I can find it. When did a micro usb cable become so specialized?

Last edited:

SuperSport

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 27, 2007
Northern California

My S Focus is bare bones stock with some apps. I never installed Chevron, etc. Just wanted to wait for AT&T official update. So today has come, it says a February update is available for my phone but the update fails and tosses out a code 800705B4 which is a 'timeout' error. MS KB points to using the Windows Phone Support Tool but the tool can't find anything to restore.

Am I missing something with the update tool? I think the one issue I may be causing is using a third party micro usb, I have no idea what the original looked like...and don't know if I can find it. When did a micro usb cable become so specialized?
Did you throw your phone into Restore Mode? Turn phone off, then press Power and Camera, then release Power as soon as you feel the vibrate (continue holding camera till you see the phone/computer screen). The Windows Phone Support Tool needs the phone in that mode. Also, be sure to close Zune if it starts up.

Sorry if you've already done this. Just a thought.

Last edited:
Reactions: Thresher

asiancuta

Feb 24, 2010
Georgia

that might be the issue. have you tried hooking the microUSB to the back of your computer? I ran into the C001...(whatever the numbers) error, which was the same thing..it timed out. ended up having Samsung logo only show up when i restarted the phone and nothing else. so i shutdown the phone. help the camera button and pushed the power button, which put it in update mode. connected the usb cord to the back of the computer, zune loaded up, recognized my phone and restarted the update process. ended with success.

BUT...using a 3rd party USB cord could be the issue. ran into the same issue when i tried to update the girlfriend's iphone 3gs. i had a USB extension cord hooked up to the computer, so i can lay on the couch and handle everything. it threw up errors on itunes. went smoothly when i hooked up the iphone with ONLY the official apple usb cord connected.

Reactions: Thresher

Thresher

Aug 9, 2006
Thanks for the quick replies. I did try the recovery mode and have connected to the rear of the computer, I also found another portion of the KB article that said to remove all my apps. Having done all three thigns I am now installing and it looks like a progress bar is now rolling across my phone's screen. Thank you SuperSport and Asiancuta.

Thresher

Aug 9, 2006
Somehow Zune and the PC didnt want to see each other so I had to power down the phone and disconnect the USB to get things to ID in Zune updater, all seems well for now. Thanks.

Last edited:

asiancuta

Feb 24, 2010
Georgia
Thanks for the quick replies. I did try the recovery mode and have connected to the rear of the computer, I also found another portion of the KB article that said to remove all my apps. Having done all three thigns I am now installing and it looks like a progress bar is now rolling across my phone's screen. Thank you SuperSport and Asiancuta.

good to hear. no prob.

asiancuta

Feb 24, 2010
Georgia
Looks like I hit a hiccup; the update seems to have completed, but the Zune update in progress window is still open and on step 8 of 9: rebooting phone. The phone rebooted and everything is just sitting idle. The phone itsel thinks it is 7.0.7008.0

Do you think I should just unplug it from USB and replug it? Im scared!

ah no just leave it plugged in. it took a good 20-30 seconds for zune to recognize the phone had already rebooted and was sitting idle. play it safe and keep it plugged in till the zune tells you it's ok to unplug.

jkimrey

Mar 31, 2006
What kind of load time improvements are ya'll seeing after the nodo update?

According to some articles, load times on games like Fruit Ninja should be vastly improved, but when comparing the load time with my wife's LG (pre-nodo) I'm only seeing a second or so improvement...

asiancuta

Feb 24, 2010
Georgia
What kind of load time improvements are ya'll seeing after the nodo update?

According to some articles, load times on games like Fruit Ninja should be vastly improved, but when comparing the load time with my wife's LG (pre-nodo) I'm only seeing a second or so improvement...

the official twitter app definitely loads a few seconds faster, along with resuming. haven't seen much difference in Thumba Photo Editor or The Harvest...may load quicker, but still a long load time either way. majority apps have a noticable difference, but not much. i'm more happy that the Marketplace doesn't freeze up anymore.

RoboDad

Mar 6, 2008
Boise, ID
The speed improvement you see will vary from app to app, depending on how they load when they start up. With some apps, I didn't notice much difference at all. With others, where I used to watch a progress bar take 5-7 seconds to fill, they are now so fast that their load time is almost instantaneous.

FishFaceMcGee

Nov 11, 2010
Indianapolis
No, sorry, it was called the Samsung Update. PS: Camera now has Anti-Shaking ON by default. :D

Ok, cool. Out of curiosity, did it perform a backup before running the Samsung Update? I have an SSD with not enough space left to backup (at least not without wiping out all of my non-app content), and just want to know what I need to do to run the update without hassle.

bei337

Jan 15, 2011
Huntsville
wpwallpaper.com
I unbranded my phone for the NoDo update a few weeks ago, and now I don't see the Samsung Update. It just says "Your phone is up to date. Current phone software version: 7.0 (7390)" on Zune.

I wonder is it because my phone is still unbranded to "000-88" after the NoDo? If so, how do I unlock my phone again and rebrand it to "ATT-US"? If not...any suggestions on how might I get the Samsung Update?

munkeyphyst

Mar 9, 2011
Chicago
updated my phone (unlucked, VPN forced nodo, rebranded back to att-us) and my wife's phone ( unlocked, but never updated)
My phone was prompted for the Samsung update. I did it.
Hers got pre-nodo, and then got nodo with the Samsung update included.

Both are still unlocked.
Both have the 11.3.3 firmware upgrade.
Neither phone got any at&t specific update. No WiFi sniffer whisper, no address book thing.

Sent from my SGH-i917 using XDA Windows Phone 7 App

SuperSport

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 27, 2007
Northern California
updated my phone (unlucked, VPN forced nodo, rebranded back to att-us) and my wife's phone ( unlocked, but never updated)
My phone was prompted for the Samsung update. I did it.
Hers got pre-nodo, and then got nodo with the Samsung update included.

Both are still unlocked.
Both have the 11.3.3 firmware upgrade.
Neither phone got any at&t specific update. No WiFi sniffer whisper, no address book thing.

Sent from my SGH-i917 using XDA Windows Phone 7 App
The update would have been called Samsung Update.

RoboDad is correct, go to Settings, email & accounts, add an account, and you will see the AT&T Address Book (IF you in fact got the ATT update).

I also read that WiFi Sniffer is automatic when you are in range of an ATT Hotspot. I'll be near a Starbucks tomorrow, so will find out first hand.

RoboDad

Mar 6, 2008
Boise, ID
I also read that WiFi Sniffer is automatic when you are in range of an ATT Hotspot. I'll be near a Starbucks tomorrow, so will find out first hand.

I'll be very interested to read your report! If it's automatic, I suppose that's OK for most people, although I can understand the privacy concerns that have been mentioned.

I would hope that they add a configurable setting under the WiFi umbrella in a future update (such as a "Search for WiFi hotspots when in range" slider switch).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Definately. I used to hit it quite often. It was going to be something I would consider as to whether I would continue to use this design in the future.

PS: After surgery, I could not walk, let alone drive, so Starbucks will have to happen tomorrow. I JUST woke up a few minutes ago. They knocked me the heck out!!!!

Get better soon! :)

Good news here. I wasn't seeing the Samsung update after the unbranding NoDo update trick I did several weeks ago. So today I decided to restore my phone to the older version, unlocked it with Chevron, changed the MobileOperator string back to ATT-US, got the Samsung Tools to keep it from relocking, updated to NoDo...and now I'm finally getting the Samsung update! My phone is still unlocked too! Hooray!
    My Focus is updating now. I had 7390 on for some time. I reverted back to 7008 using the Zune restore. Rebranded to ATT-US and now I got the notification that there is an update.
    BTW, the Focus is unlocked and is currently located in Denmark, Europe :)

EDIT: Update successful. FYI:

"OS version: 7.0.7390.0
    Firmware revision number: 2103.11.3.3
    Hardware revision number: 3.1.0.7
    Radio software version: 2103.11.3.3
    Radio hardware version: 0.0.0.3
    Bootloader version: 5.3.1.6
    Chip SOC version: 0.36.2.0"

Did you throw your phone into Restore Mode? Turn phone off, then press Power and Camera, then release Power as soon as you feel the vibrate (continue holding camera till you see the phone/computer screen). The Windows Phone Support Tool needs the phone in that mode. Also, be sure to close Zune if it starts up.

Sorry if you've already done this. Just a thought.

that might be the issue. have you tried hooking the microUSB to the back of your computer? I ran into the C001...(whatever the numbers) error, which was the same thing..it timed out. ended up having Samsung logo only show up when i restarted the phone and nothing else. so i shutdown the phone. help the camera button and pushed the power button, which put it in update mode. connected the usb cord to the back of the computer, zune loaded up, recognized my phone and restarted the update process. ended with success.

BUT...using a 3rd party USB cord could be the issue. ran into the same issue when i tried to update the girlfriend's iphone 3gs. i had a USB extension cord hooked up to the computer, so i can lay on the couch and handle everything. it threw up errors on itunes. went smoothly when i hooked up the iphone with ONLY the official apple usb cord connected.