[Update 20-Sep-08 Manila 2D skin Now Available] HTC Diamond Theme for SPB MS2.1

Search This thread

abumaia

Jun 2, 2008
nevermind my earlier question, I decided to drop the mru and go with layout C instead. I would like to note, however, that after installing SPB MS and this theme, my phone no longer drains its battery as fast as it used to. I'm not sure exactly what was changed, but I'm by no means complaining.

ThaBastus

Sep 26, 2008
CPH
I cant seem to understand how to understand this, can anyone give me a little more detailed guide? Im not dumb with either computer or my mobile, I just didnt do anything like this before - so just a little more detailed please :)

I tried to install into the Layout-folder first, didnt work.
Then I pasted to the root of the Spd Mobile Shell folder and overwrote existing files. This changed the theme in some way, but it was all fck'd up. Things were laying on each other, sizes wasnt right and stuff like that. Also it was only the Spd Mobile Shell menu which was changed, as I see to this theme it seems that the original TouchFlo3D should change theme?
And yes, in all these cases I remembered to soft reset.

Also I couldnt see the themes if I went to "settings -> spd mobile shell" to change theme. I was only able to sellect 'professional' and 'classical'.

Thank you

EDIT: I only tried with files from the 'Layout A' if that should do any difference?
I want it to look like this with analog clock :)

Last edited:

ThaBastus

Sep 26, 2008
CPH
First of all, many thanks to the amazing work of greatbal. This theme is all his work, I only take credit for converting his wonderful work to VGA.

This was pretty challenging for me, especially since I don't have a VGA phone. I have tested this on my computer using an emulator, I hope it works on your phone.

This version is Layout C with 3 contacts pages. It was made to work on VGA(480x640) screens.

Download Diamond for SPB Mobile Shell Layout C-3 Contacts-VGA here.
Sorry, would not upload here.

Could some brave soul try out this cab file? It's my first cab and I'd like to know if it installs correctly.

I tried this, and it works brilliant. Just there is one problem, I find the quality of it quite damaged. It seems like lower bit or something like it.

Could any more professional work on a cab file for this theme (look a few posts above this for how I want it to look) for a novice please?

Using HTC Touch Diamond with SPB 2.1

I hope it isnt too great a job to do.

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

tdy2kn1

Mar 11, 2009
I'm using pocket windows mobile classic. Is there a way I can combine the programs and MRU shortcut to the home screen. I have no need for email, text message, and call icon.

Thanks

wesram

Oct 13, 2008
Plz help :$

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Update 20-Sep-08: for Manila 2D Skin, please see this post: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=2665824&postcount=2057
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: Now with landscape support thanks tomtkates,version 2.1 here... http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=2461500#post2461500

EDIT: Version 2.0 on post#761-765 http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=2397136#post2397136

-------------------------------------------------------

Now version 1.2 (Still for QVGA devices only, optimized for Portrait Mode with Lanscape Support)

Version 1.1 here... http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=2239209&postcount=1245

What's New:

1) Color Background Compatible - Fixed (Thanks to azzambm for the HTC Diamond Wallpapers)
2) Color Theme Compatible (see post#2) - Added BaseHueExpress.exe application to change color theme (post #2)
3) Improved Weather Icons! - Thanks to azzambm for the png files
4) SPB Phone Suite Compatible (see Note#3) - Thanks to y1mrn
5) Clicking DialTab from TodayScreen brings up Weather Page - Fixed
6) Minor fixes/enhancements - Thanks to y1mrn for the selection fixes.

preview1hu3.png

--------------------------
OPTIONS:

1) Black and White Digital Clock (For improved White Digital Clock, please see this post... http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=2353824&postcount=489)
2) B&W and Colored Main Menu Icons

preview2fn7.png

3) Background Images

EDIT: For more background images, please see this post... http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=2339136&postcount=290

preview3ty0.png

4) Status Icons in different colors. Please see this post:http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=2327448&postcount=60

preview5jt7.png

Different Layouts:

1) Layout A
- Full version, similar to the original version

*****Bonus Layout as requested by lepsyfou.
********Layout A - Carousel: Similar to Layout A but with all pages shifting from left to right via the left and right gestures. No more looping between pages. Please see this post... http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=2336013&postcount=219

2) Layout B
- Similar to Full Version but with single NowScreen (Choose between Analog and Digital under SPB Settings)

*****Bonus Layout as requested by cincy1020.
********Layout B - Carousel: Similar to Layout B but with all pages shifting from left to right via the left and right gestures. No more looping between pages. Please see this post... http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=2340258&postcount=305

3) Layout C
- Single NowScreen (Choose between Analog and Digital under SPB Settings)
- No MRU
- Single Contacts Page
Note: Gesture left and right to change between pages

*****Bonus Layout as requested by dinoalbert.
********Layout C- 3 Contacts Pages: Similar to Layout C but with 3 Contacts Pages (3 Contacts Pages loops). Please see this post... http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=2335898&postcount=214

4) Layout H
- Similar to C, but replaced Calendar tab with MRU. The Calendar can be accessed by clicking on the large Digital or Analog clock on the NowScreen.

Notes:

1) Download the zip file from the link below. Unzip on your hard drive.

2) Choose a layout and copy the dat files from the appropriate layout folder to your device (\Program Files\SPB Mobile Shell)

2) Copy the dat files from the Optional folder if you would like to use the alternative Icons/Digital Clock/Background images or if you have SPB Phone Suite installed on your device.

3) For SPB Phone Suite users, copy the dat file from the "For SPB Phone Suite Users - Place files in SPB Phone Suite folder" to your SPB Phone Suite directory (\Program Files\SPB Phone SUite)

4) Don't froget to soft-reset your device for the changes to take effect.

*** Download link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=J8IYA6VM

(External link above, Having difficulty attaching files...)

Download mirrors by jarotbudiono: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=2326739&postcount=22

Hi greatbal, first allow me to say this is a superb work. i spent more than 5 days reading about ur theme.
I wonder if someone can help me with this, i want that the e-mail and sms and missed call nitification icons be in white instead of black!!!
maybe someone did it but i couldnt find it. plz can someone help?

one more thing, i read somewhere last time about the shadows around the selection that it was fixed, i cant find it now, plz if u know where was it plz tell me.
thanx again and keep the good work (see the attachement)

Attachments

• Screen001.png
    Screen001.png
    95.6 KB · Views: 34

iKmaw

Feb 1, 2009
HElP!

I just want to know how to get the theme to stay. I mean everytime i press the end key it goes back to the default theme. How do i make the Diamond theme my default theme?
Please HELP!!

oraclegustavo

Mar 12, 2008
I have tried installing many different theme files, one at a time on new installations because of what happens. Basically I copy the files into the root Spb Mobile Shell directory, soft reset and then once it boots back I cant open the spb menu. Every time I try to click on the soft key on the bottom right it does nothing. I try to go into the settings for different parts of spb mobile shell and it just gives me a black screen. I can see the screen is on because I can see the backlight. I then have to restart the device, omnia 910, because I cant do anything else. Driving me crazy because I really like the mobile shell but I dont like the default look of it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have version 2.1.5.

hi2diva

Mar 18, 2009
help me for htc touch

hi friend can i install this theme in my htc touch phone.. if so pl let me kno the instructions..

Brouk Pytlik

Feb 8, 2007
Contacts details

I use this skin, but one thing is missing (for me). Is there way, how to change "outlook" contact details page called from spb contacts to details called from speed dial?

oraclegustavo

Mar 12, 2008
I have tried installing many different theme files, one at a time on new installations because of what happens. Basically I copy the files into the root Spb Mobile Shell directory, soft reset and then once it boots back I cant open the spb menu. Every time I try to click on the soft key on the bottom right it does nothing. I try to go into the settings for different parts of spb mobile shell and it just gives me a black screen. I can see the screen is on because I can see the backlight. I then have to restart the device, omnia 910, because I cant do anything else. Driving me crazy because I really like the mobile shell but I dont like the default look of it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have version 2.1.5.

anyone have any ideas?

erichss

Mar 30, 2008
GreatBal, love your Mobile Shell themes. I used to use the GSmart themes you made, back when I had the regular HTC Touch. Now that I have a Treo Pro, is there any plans for you to make 320x320 sized for the Treo Pro? PM me is so please...thanks.

cguilhim

Jan 11, 2008
Hi.
I did not read all the thread, bur it seems to me that the "X" close button on the right bottom of the original mobile shell screen disappeared, on the modded skins. Is that so? How can we close spb mobile shell when we need a little more memory?
My P535 has only 31Mb available and, most of the times, I need at least 28/29Mb free.
Thanks

poisonspider

May 23, 2007
VGA

Hi all

Does somebody work on a VGA version of greatbal's GSmart themes? This is the best skin for Spb MS (for me) I like it so much coz it is easy and have all what we need and not more! Can I hope for this skin for my Touch Diamond?

Maybe somebody knows more about it.. I hope!

section8magnet

Apr 14, 2009
Hi I feel like there is something giant I am missing. I'm using a treo 800w with spb 2.1 and when i follow the steps and then try to open spb all i get is a black screen that I can do nothing with. help please.

lamborg

Feb 13, 2009
welovemj.co.cc
Is there any way to replace the 2 Contacts pages out of 3 and place a page with something like 'Favourites Program' and in the other page, a tab to open 'Media Player' or something like that?

Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I just downloaded v2.1 and it's doing the same thing v2.0 was doing to me. The aligning is off when I click on something. Can anyone tell me how to fix?

And can I get the fire background from v1.2 on this?

Get back to me ASAP please. I'm getting muy frustrated.

Thanks!!

Oh, and just an FYI... on v2.1 when you're changing the color scheme.. you can't go BACK.. you can only to MORE (colors)

If you are using Mobile Shell ver 2.1.1 (the newest version) that is probably what is wrong. A lot of people are having problems with this skin and the newest version of Mobile Shell. We are trying to work with SPB to find out what is wrong. In the mean time, I would suggest installing Mobile Shell version 2.1.0 which can be found as a link in this thread or I am told you can find it on the SPB website under previous versions.

As far as other backgrounds, some new ones have been posted in this thread that offer landscape support for Diamond v2.1, although I don't know if the one you are requesting is included or not.

I see that these are your first 2 post to XDA so I'll be gentle. When you find something on XDA that you like and want to use, please take the time to read the entire thread where you found it. This problem has been reported several times in this thread already. I know it can take a lot of time to read some of these posts, but you might be surprised at what you can learn and your questions may already be answered.

I hope this helps and you get it working properly, it's a great skin for a great program., and WELCOME to XDA!