• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[Update 3] ROM:GRI40 (2.3.3) Stock + De-odexed + Rooted + Busybox + Insecure boot

Search This thread

seamonkey420

getting same problem here too.

did all wipes, hardresets, dalvik cache wipes.
tried both full and minimal.

i get access to my market and apps but get that force close message each time i reboot my phone.

i decided to change roms after having this problem, using:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=714184

no problems with force close. has to be something in this rom

More details on my setup:
HTC Nexus One (from google)
Carrier: Tmobile USA

Latest HBOOT
Latest Radio
Latest Clockwork Recovery

Ran the stock gingerbread builds w/o problems and a few of the deoxed gb roms prerooted/busybox/etc.

craigacgomez

Jan 29, 2010
Tustin
OK... I've fixed the Google Service Framework FC... and also the problem with the Location Provider (yes, GPS and WiFi location now work great)... just testing a bit before I put it up here...

rock7632

Jun 12, 2010
Boston
If you make a nandroid backup from recovery before you flash this, then it's as easy as just wipe(all) and then restore the nandroid backup you've made.
No need to reinstall anything, the nandroid is an exact copy of the phone's internal memory(except caches), and includes ROM(CM7 in your case) apps and settings.
So it's very easy to switchs ROM's, as you can make multiple nandroids.

ok. thanks for the reply

craigacgomez

Jan 29, 2010
Tustin
UPDATE 3 UPLOADED...

Changelog
1. Market 2.3.3 included.
2. GMail 2.3.4.1 included (in full build only).
3. Google Service Framework FCs fixed.
4. Location provider fixed. GPS & WiFi location works.

See first post for links...

Reactions: Salah9

rahulmr

Jan 14, 2010
Stops at X after flashing

I was using MIUI rom.
Now that I downloaded the files for the first update which had 2 files one for the insecure which was around a few megabytes and the main NExUS1-GB-GRI40 .
I wiped,deleted almost twice and HBoot flashed to the mentioned version .
The radio is a higher version mentioned in the thread ,so didnt downgrade.
Now flashed the rom and then on flashing the second file (which was option)
got some errors like "something missing from the E:\...."
Rebooted and the screen stucks at X and doesnt proceed further.
Rebooted many times but still the same problem..

If i do flash again with the latest update(3) having only 1 file , and maintaining the radio 32.50.0.32u 5.12.00.08(higher version) will i be at X again ?
Please help me...

optikalsaint

Apr 27, 2006
I love this ROM because its stock and not bloated with a bunch of stuff that I don't need. I do have one request however. Can you add Trackball Alert support? If so that would be awesome.

craigacgomez

Jan 29, 2010
Tustin
dropbox suspended by public links because of "excessive traffic"... reuploading in progress... will post new links in a bit...

EDIT: new links in first post... have fun!!!

Last edited:

julianfong

Nov 1, 2004
HongKong
www.pocketpc.hk
NEXUSONE PVT SHIP S-ON
HBOOT-0.35.0017
RADIO-5.08.00.04
ClockworkMod Recovery v3.0.0.5

Flashing in recovery mode end up the result below
E:error in /sdcard/update.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

I have try using another card, and download the file from 2 mirror place ensure the file is not corrupt during download.

I have tried wipe the Dalvik Cache, and other which can wipe.
Checked the Signature Check is DISABLED

I have also try flashing thry type command with fastboot
One more thing which is strange.

Anyone will give me a help? Thanks so much.
UPDATE

Finally done with "NExUS1-GB-GRI40-StockRootedBusyboxInsecure-Full-Update3.zip"

Last edited:

kfir

Apr 2, 2010
Jerusalem
Hi.

I'm experiencing random shut downs when using the phone while plugged into the charger, also there's a heat in the trackball area,

Did anyone else experience it????

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well, this started of as a very basic attempt to de-odex and root the Gingerbread GRI40 ROM... was pulled together in 10 to 15 mins... but I've refined it and cleaned out some kinks... so here are the specifics...

NOTE: The main idea behind this ROM is "stock". I do not intend to divert from this, and quite frankly, I don't have much time to. You are free to use this as a base to mod it to your liking.

1. Completely stock, based on the GRI40 (Android 2.3.3) system dump (thanks dsixda, Google)
    2. De-odexed using the latest smali/baksmali 1.2.6 (thanks JF).
    3. Rooted with SU app (thanks chainsdd).
    4. Busybox 1.18.3 (thanks stericson) with symlinks.
    5. Insecure boot with adb remount capabilities (you need to flash the separate GB-GRI40-Stock-Kernel-Insecure-signed.zip)
    6. Signed update zips.
    7. Updated market apps which are part of the dump (Twitter, Google Books, Google Goggles, Superuser, Facebook, AmazonMP3, GMail)
    8. Market 2.3.3
    9. Separate Minimal Build without Market Apps.

The updated Update2Fix 1 version now includes the insecure boot image by default... (i.e. ro.secure=0)... so now adb remount works.. and adb shell works as root/su.

The updated Update2Fix 1 version also fixes the issue with the Terminal app FC.

Update 3 now fixes the Google Service Framework FC and the Network Location issue... GPS & WiFi location now works great...

And as always, use this at your own risk...

FYI, the updated version can be flashed over the legacy versions without a wipe.

Instructions:
    1. Flash HBoot 0.35.0017 (http://www.mediafire.com/?q3rcfc6l4r9no8d, link by dsixda)
    Code:
    fastboot flash hboot hboot.img
    2. Flash Radio 5.08.00.04 (http://www.mediafire.com/?rgarixj28mbmhej, link by dsixda)
    Code:
    fastboot flash radio radio.img
    3. Flash one of the ROM zips below using Amon RA or Clockwork recovery.

Toubleshooting:
    If you have issues, please try the following steps...
    1. Try rebooting
    2. Try fix_permissions
    3. Try cleaning dalvik-cache
    4. Try cleaning data & .androidsecure
    5. Try factory reset/wipe
    6. If issues persist, post a logcat and I'll do my best to help you.

Download (Full):
    http://goo.gl/uVmXv

Filename = NExUS1-GB-GRI40-StockRootedBusyboxInsecure-Full-Update3.zip
    MD5Sum = 6f58e489415de8100501589b909c0b3f

Download (Minimal/No market apps version):
    http://goo.gl/Zrqca

Filename = NExUS1-GB-GRI40-StockRootedBusyboxInsecure-Minimal-Update3.zip
    MD5Sum = 71845eb9fbc6680fb2d5b94a240d6a85

NOTE: App2SD (Ext version) will not work on this ROM. I will create an updated boot image which will support this.
    You beat me to it :p I was having trouble deodexing it. Getting errors like crazy. Oh well nice work.

Are you using the latest smali/baksmali 1.2.6?? JF updated it for gingerbread...
    By chance can you post some MD5Sum's for the Rom. Just don't want to chance having a corrupted file. Thanks.

Done... see the original post

BTW... updated version coming soon...
    Update...

Created update zip for insecure boot image... (i.e. ro.secure=0)... so now adb remount works.. and adb shell works as root/su.

This can be used with any GRI40 ROM with the stock kernel... like dsixda's stock and stock de-odexed ROMs, Geo411m's stock deodexed OTA ROM...

See first post for links...
    which link did you download ...seems there are three?? can somen please link me to a rooted version of this stock android 2.3.3 please...thanks

You need to have HBoot and radio updated first.

Download (Recommended):
    http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?b81sw5been3fbdv