Update 535 C00 has been pushed officially

Search This thread

shaglord

Aug 18, 2013
I know. I'm waiting for a good replacement to come out too. Something where the screen is big enough.

About the battery. Just use the ChargeLimit app. You can still charge to 100% if you really need it. It's better if you don't and carry a nice powerbank. I find that with B538 I really don't have to worry about battery much even if I charge to 85%.

I have this powerbank and it's really nice. It supports Huawei 18W charging (2700mA for Note8). It has two 5000mAh 21700 cells inside. Super high density so it's relatively lightweight, and it has a built-in charger. You just flip out the plug. It's cheap too. I paid like 10usd.

Attachments

• 211207070321-d289wt1.jpg
    211207070321-d289wt1.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

shaglord

Aug 18, 2013
With 55W charging I don't need a huge battery.

That's what I learned after I got 2700mA charging to work on the Note8. I don't have to charge at night anymore. I can charge 30 min and get like 50%. It's so nice.

If I need to be away the whole day I bring that small powerbank. I don't think we need huge batteries anymore, if we have fast charging.

I remember before I found that fast charge setting in Mobile, I used to have a bed routine where I always charge. Otherwise the next day would be awful. I'd panic if I forget. Now, it's all different.

I used Mobile for years before I found that setting. I'm like "what does this do?". Here's the thing, it doesn't say it's for charging. It just says "Disable Temperature Monitoring". I'm not a gamer so why do I need it? It was just a coincidence that I noticed the charging speed to be so much faster. I might have missed it otherwise. When I noticed, and realised it was that function that changed it, I was celebrating. Haha, dancing on the bed.

Last edited:

shaglord

Aug 18, 2013
If I can get back to B538, I'd be so happy. I'd like you to try it too. It's similar to B539, but with better battery. At least with Mobile set to balanced. Then it's noticeably much better. Before my battery degraded I remember seeing 9h (!!!) SOT in Accubattery.

That's a big difference. B538 + new original battery = 9h.

B555 + 90% health battery = 4h SOT. WTF?????

I admit B555 feels faster, but 538 isn't THAT much worse. 555 is maybe 100% speed and 538 is maybe 75-80% compared.

The weird thing is I checked the frequencies in 528, 539, 555 and 538 and they all can reach the max 2500MHz and they all use interactive governor. But they still feel different, and have different SOT. So something else is going on.

letschky

Do you have a new original battery or still the old one?

Yes the 555 is not bad but Sot is not so good.

I look times which the Wamei Rom at SOT can.

Have you been able to install the 538 with the HiSuite Proxy? It was canceled for me, but probably because it had a higher version on it

shaglord

Aug 18, 2013
I've had the Wamei Rom on it for 2 days and it feels the fastest for me.
I'm happy you like it. I wish I could offer you B538. Maybe in the next few days. I'm still on B528 + wanmei dirty flash.

I never felt it be the fastest. Maybe it feels that because it got a factory reset?

If you're using the stock launcher, there are other settings in Mobile to speed it up, free up ram, etc. Use another phone with camera+translator and you can understand what all the settings mean.

shaglord

Aug 18, 2013
Do you have a new original battery or still the old one?

Yes the 555 is not bad but Sot is not so good.

I look times which the Wamei Rom at SOT can.
I'm using the battery that came with my phone. I have a second Note8 with a smashed up screen. That battery is the same health as the other battery I have. Both around 90% original capacity.

So it surprises me to hear you say you have degraded an original battery. To me these stay at 90% health forever.

Maybe it's because I use "Battery Charge Limit (Root)".

shaglord

Aug 18, 2013
Have you been able to install the 538 with the HiSuite Proxy? It was canceled for me, but probably because it had a higher version on it
I haven't. I tried it soooo many times in different modes/settings, from different roms.

It requires you to use version 550 of Hisuite. Then you use HP (hisuite proxy) to patch Hisuite. Then you need to set it to V1 firmwares and tick "Old firmware". Then Hisuite shows proper B538 information when upgrading/downgrading.

THEN you need to remove your microSD card, or the update won't start. It says "Update not found" after going into recovery to flash.

But, after doing everything. I can get it to start updating, but it fails after verify, and just when it's about to start to install at 6%. It just says failed.

I check the log in HP and the last file that gets downloaded is actually from Huawei (hicloud.com) and it's some sort of "permission" file. Like recovery needs some sort of permission to install the update. If huawei says this version is Not Supported anymore, maybe that's why it fails. HP seems can't change that.

Here's the thing. In the three ZIP files we have all the B538 images in UPDATE.APP. Those can be extracted. I wonder if we can flash them some other way?

Last edited:

shaglord

Aug 18, 2013
If I can't figure it out I will pay someone to get me back to B538, and I will ask for HOW they did it so I can share with you. But to be honest, I'd rather figure it out.

My chinese isn't so good that I can understand everything on the chinese forums. Maybe the answer is there.

shaglord

Aug 18, 2013
Hey Letschky! I got an idea.

What if we can upgrade to B538 directly from B359? I know it sounds risky but still, hmm. I'm curious if that recovery version will accept the update. (Using Hisuite Proxy)

shaglord

Aug 18, 2013
Good news. I think I found the DLOAD package for B538. I'm downloading it now. (snail speed) I'll let you know tomorrow how it went, and I'll give you a link after I upload it to google drive.

Reactions: letschky

shaglord

Aug 18, 2013
It worked. I'm back on 538. Yesssss!

Now it takes some fiddling with the power saving settings to get max SOT, but it's doable.

shaglord

Aug 18, 2013
Phew, it was the same code as before. Now unlocked again.

It performs a factory level reset after unlocking so just do that right after flashing.

shaglord

Aug 18, 2013
If you ever get a bootloop after flashing Wanmei, or activating ROOT or Xposed, ALWAYS try to erase cache partition before you do anything else. Pwr+VolUp. After that it boots ok!

shaglord

Aug 18, 2013
I'm already at 8+ hours SOT. The difference is night and day.

But remember you need to adjust a few settings to get it.

No, I'm not running any power-save mode. Just balanced + interactive governor. I can still max the CPU.

Top Liked Posts