Update android 10

Search This thread

iAlex5

Mar 13, 2020
I have an Asus rog phone 2 tencent version with rom WW-16.0640.1908.12, i can't update to android 10, i don't receive ota update and if i try to install ww-17 rom donwloaded from asus site i receive an error, what can be the problem?
i see that the last ww-16 update on the asus site is WW-16.0631.1910.64, my rom version isn't on the site, is it possible?

Reactions: nigc

bryan1981

Mar 15, 2020
I have exactly the same issue, with same version (I bought it via ebay).
I also tried to update android to 10 manually, but the message is "installation failed".

If you find a solution please share, I'll do the same.

iAlex5

Mar 13, 2020
I have exactly the same issue, with same version (I bought it via ebay).
I also tried to update android to 10 manually, but the message is "installation failed".

If you find a solution please share, I'll do the same.
i bought it via ebay too
i think now the only possibility is to install the update in fastboot mode but I've had some problems in the past with other phones, and I wouldn't want to have any with this too

bryan1981

Mar 15, 2020
Solution

Hi guys,
I solved yesterday this topic and now I run Android 10.
I have followed the tutorial present in xda forum to convert from CN to WW.
Also if the release 16.0631 appear older, after you mount it you will be able to update to Android 10.
Please let me know if you need the links (also YouTube tutorial).

After you complete release installation, go to Asus official site and download the latest official version of v. 16.xxxxx update, locate on internal memory and restart phone. This update will be detected and installed.
After this step, proceed in the same way to download v. 17.xxxx (Android 10) file and install following the same procedure.

Reactions: Nikws

Nikws

Mar 10, 2020
Hi guys,
Also if the release 16.0631 appear older, after you mount it you will be able to update to Android 10.

After you complete release installation, go to Asus official site and download the latest official version of v. 16.xxxxx update, locate on internal memory and restart phone. This update will be detected and installed.
After this step, proceed in the same way to download v. 17.xxxx (Android 10) file and install following the same procedure.

Yes this works also for me

The mistake was trying to update directly to 10

iAlex5

Mar 13, 2020
Hi guys,

can you send me the tutorial link? i tried one guide but don't work for me

bryan1981

Mar 15, 2020
can you send me the tutorial link? i tried one guide but don't work for me

I'm not authorized to post still link.

Go on YouTube, search the video with this name:
"Guide for Asus rog 2 tencent edition to full global rom conversion.....
Duration 24 min and 37 seconds
By: E-Got Tech

adidasp4

Jan 15, 2020

Will you loose data on your phone?
(will it wipe the phone)

Sent from my ASUS_I001DA using Tapatalk

cvelez614

Mar 24, 2020

any luck? im wondering if I should do the same thing I have a tencent version I bought used on amazon running WW_16.0631.1910.44_0
can not figure a single way to update.

robolew

Apr 1, 2020
Yes this works also for me

The mistake was trying to update directly to 10

This also fixed it for me. I updated to 16.0631.1910.64 then to 17.0210.2001.60-1.1.97 and it worked. Trying to update straight to 17.0210.2001.60-1.1.97 did not work (update failed). I have a tencent rog 2 with a WW fingerprint.

ROG2 USER

Apr 1, 2020
Go to latest android 9 THEN android 10

Hi guys,

Thank you very much for this, I couldn't figure out why the update kept failing. I was able to go to the latest WW 9 and now the latest WW 10:good:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have an Asus rog phone 2 tencent version with rom WW-16.0640.1908.12, i can't update to android 10, i don't receive ota update and if i try to install ww-17 rom donwloaded from asus site i receive an error, what can be the problem?
    i see that the last ww-16 update on the asus site is WW-16.0631.1910.64, my rom version isn't on the site, is it possible?
    Solution

Hi guys,