Using multi-CSC Firmware with New Android 12
Note: if you are in this list , U can uses this guide.
List of Multi-CSC Firmware Country (Multi-Regional)ACR AFG AFR ARO ATO AUT BGL BNG BRI BTC BTU CAC CAM CHO COO DBT DKR ECT EGY EON ETL EUR GLB ILO INS ITV KSA LAO LUX LYS MID MM1 MWD MYM NEE NPL ORX OWO PAK PHE PHN ROM SEB SEE SEK SER SIN SKZ SLK SMA STH THL THR TMC TPA TPH TTT TUN TUR WTL XEF XEH XEO XEU XEV XFE XME XSG XSP XTC XXV ZTO
On the other hand, the following are the single CSC firmware:
BTC BTU CPW EMP GLB KOO LYS MAT MM1 MTL NZC OPS PAN PNG PRO SIN SMA SMP STH TEB TEL TMC TNZ VAU VFJ VNZ WTL XFA XNF XNX XNZ XSA
- Unlocked bootloader. ****from Stock rom
- Insert SIM ***very important
Change CSC on Samsung Galaxy Devices with *#272*IMEI number# (replace the red text with your device’s IMEI number), not working any more.
(You can change CSC on Root Devices.) NOTE If bootloader modification to Unlocked state does not trip KNOX, U can uses this tutorial to changes CSC .
- Only unlocking the bootloader of your Samsung Galaxy device will not trip the KNOX counter.
- However, flashing a custom binary such as TWRP or Magisk patched AP firmware will trip it. This may have an effect on your device’s official warranty, so make sure that you check with your regional Samsung support if you’re concerned.
- Furthermore, apps like Secure Folder, Samsung Pay, etc rely on KNOX integrity to function. Once KNOX is tripped (that’s after you flash a custom binary), such apps will stop working.
- Samsung Galaxy devices with a Snapdragon chipset that are sold in the USA and Canada come with a non-unlockable bootloader. The only way to unlock the bootloader on US Snapdragon devices is by using a paid service such as UNSAMLOCK.
You should see the “OEM unlocking” option greyed out in an ON position stating – “Bootloader already unlocked”.
Why Should I Change CSC?There are a plethora of reasons why you might need to change your Samsung device’s CSC code. For example, if you have purchased an unlocked (carrier unlocked, not bootloader unlocked!) device from any other country, then it would have the language and device settings for that foreign country. Along the same lines, the APN settings and the pre-installed apps will also be of that region only. To overcome this issue, you could easily change the CSC on your Samsung device and flash the firmware of your home country.
What’s CSC on Samsung?CSC is the abbreviated form of “Consumer Software Customization” or “Country Specific Code“. CSC is an essential component of Samsung firmware binaries and it contains customized settings, system configurations, localizations, and geo-specific things such as the system language, APN settings, and carrier-branding.
How to Check or Find CSC on Samsung DevicesYou can check the CSC of your Galaxy device by dialing a code on your device’s dialer itself. The secret code you need to dial is *#1234#
Look at the line CSC: T225 OLM1 BVGB
it's separated into 3 part. Device model , CSC code , firmware version no.
Since I flashed the CSC code "OLM" (Multi-CSC region XEV "Vietnam") firmware and switched to THL (Thailand) Region CSC, it shows me both the CSCs.
In the 3rd line, you can see the activated CSC, that is THL. This simply means that I’ll keep getting official OTA updates.
Now, let’s come to the 3rd line in the above screenshot: THL(1)/THL(2)/THL(3).
- The first CSC value, that is THL in my case, shows the active CSC. This determines the access to services and updates. You will receive updates on this channel. This is also the country used for Samsung’s Beta programs in case you want to join one.
- The second value "THL” shows that my Galaxy Tab A7 Lite is a One-SIM variant. This value only shows what SIM you have inside, and doesn’t affect any aspect of the experience.
- The 3rd CSC value, that is THL again, shows the country code for which the Samsung device has been manufactured and configured. This one cannot be changed and it doesn’t need to. In case you get the phone from a carrier, this value will have the locked CSC code. In case the other values don’t match, your carrier can refuse warranty service (since warranty goes through the carrier in case you’re on a contract.
Step 2NOW IN THE FIRST STATE OF TEST OTA A12 for Tab A7 lite by Samsung.
Check new Android 12 firmware for downloading.
I have founded For region "Vietnam" , Muti CSC is the same as mine.(OLM)
DOWNLOAD FIRMWARE WITH " Bifrost" and install the firmware using Odin.
Contribute to zacharee/SamloaderKotlin development by creating an account on GitHub.
STEP 3. FLASH FULL FIRMWARE A12
1. Flash the full FW with Odin -BL + AP + CP+ CSC(full data wipe)
( Odin option: default --reboot back to the system )
2. click Start.
( Don't try to root when first changing Android version.)
DON' T FORGET TO DELETE CACHE AFTER INSTALL FIRMWARE.
( WIPE CACHE PARTITION. FROM STOCK RECOVERY MENU )
If not it will. Slow gointo android-os and run optimize app everytime you reboot.
( or may be happened again , that required ota update. )
NOTICE: Bootloader version still U1 then U can downgrade to A11 anytime.
EXAMPLE: EU GROUP HAVE THE SAME CSC ,
ALL COUNTRY CAN USES ANDROID 12 FIRMWARE FROM German plus own sim card.