[UPDATE] Android 5.0 (Lollipop) Support

Search This thread

MARODERKIN

Mar 1, 2013
After payback, while returning back to the list of files, the screen becomes black for a second or more. That's rather annoying! At first I thought, that problem is in lollipop, but other players i've tested are ok.
Found our, that problem is only, when auto brightness is on.
Please, fix!

Nexus 7 2012/ 5.0.2

Last edited:

CDB-Man

May 29, 2013
So I just joined lolipop and the updated mx player (Nexus 4,slimlp) and now there's no ac3 support? Why?
If ac3 isn't supported I can't see mxp lasting much longer, I'm moving on to VLC I guess.
Download the custom codec off this forum. AC3 native support was removed due to licensing.

---------- Post added at 11:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:41 PM ----------

In Lollipop the online videos are played automatically with the browser player.
Is there a way to play them with MX by default?
You will have to reset your android system default allocations.

---------- Post added at 11:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:43 PM ----------

U5vooru.png

Can Mx player have this awesome seek bar?
Make your own feature request thread; this has nothing specifically to do with Lollipop support.

---------- Post added at 11:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:42 PM ----------

================================================
play any files with h/w working but if u drag the seekbar the images will hang & the sound still playing while other vids totally unresponsive. totally unplayable. if change to s/w it works but some vids screen will be orientate potrait or upside down. how to fix this particular issue? thanks.
I have updated my Nexus 7 to 5.0.2. Now when I try to lock the screen (not bring up lock screen, just block the touch controls), Android's lower bar remains on the screen, just without the buttons. This completely blocks subtitles and makes locking the screen unusable with subtitled video. I suffer from phantom touches and use the locked screen mode to prevent jumping around the seek bar and random pauses so I would appreciate any ideas on fixing this.

I'm getting an unsupported error when I try to open the app. I read on here that it supports lollipop but not G3 lollipop 5.1 I guess. Please update. This it the best phone app to watch my anime on. Will have to switch to something else in the mean time but would rather not since this is the 1 I paid for.

After payback, while returning back to the list of files, the screen becomes black for a second or more. That's rather annoying! At first I thought, that problem is in lollipop, but other players i've tested are ok.
Found our, that problem is only, when auto brightness is on.
Please, fix!

Nexus 7 2012/ 5.0.2

Create a new thread on your issue, all 4 of you. Collect the error logs as soon as the crash occurs, and post the logs here. There's a pinned thread with instructions on how to collect a log if you need help.

Last edited:

nilanko

Jun 2, 2014
New Delhi
Mx player latest flawlessly played 1080p vids on kitkat 4.4.4 on moto E. Now on lollipop 5.0.2, it simply won't play 1080p vids. Says H/w/+ not supported. Plays with S/W but too laggy. Need H/w since it could play on 4.4.4. I installed armv7 neon codec as well. Doesn't make a difference.

Any Help will highly be appreciated :)

Last edited:

nilanko

Jun 2, 2014
New Delhi
Never mind, found BSPlayer. A hell lot better than MX Player, there were some 1080p vids that used to lag a bit on MX on KitKat 4.4.4, even those videos run smoothly on BSPlayer, on LP 5.0.2. Wish I had found this player long back. I just use the BSPlayer's H/w decoder v2 and I have NOT pulled down any other setting.

andrevs_ro

Feb 18, 2012
Hello! I have a problem with mx on lollipop running on note 3, with stock firmware: the brightness slide doesn.t work.
I had the same issue on note 2 with stock firmware, but not with cm 12.
Anybody else having this issue? Any solve?

Garfield3333

May 10, 2012
Lollipop 5.1

MX Player didnt work with HW+ DECODER in Dreamdroid app.....maybe bug in APP or Rom ????

Bubble Upnp HW+ DECODER is Working but when i switch forward i have black screen.... bug in APP or Rom ????

Thx

Thirumalai.K

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 14, 2011
MX Player didnt work with HW+ DECODER in Dreamdroid app.....maybe bug in APP or Rom ????
Bubble Upnp HW+ DECODER is Working but when i switch forward i have black screen.... bug in APP or Rom ????
Thx

It's very difficult to say the root cause of the issue.

Kindly collect the logs immediately after reproducing the issue.
It will be helpful to diagnose the issue

k4noe

Mar 7, 2013
chapter reading features ?

and when this "support chapter" little features added ? I think theres many development happening in mx , but when came to chapter features , IMHO, still nil, btw these little feature had been requested looooooong ago..... and theres no answering till now, its just on "post it" high priority #6 or #8 ...but till now theres no glitches that this feature has been implemented. :crying:

are this feature thatttttttt really super advance duper haaard to implemented ?

Thanks and forgive me for my rudeness.

arpanbag1996

Nov 28, 2014
Kolkata
MX player is lagging

After updating my Micromax Canvas A1 (android one) to Lollipop 5.1 , MX player is lagging!! It was working fine on 4.4.4 KitKat. I have all the h/w, s/w accelerations ticked.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    A New update with Android 5.0 (Lollipop) support is released. You can update it from through Google Play. Alternatively, you can download from the the official download page

https://sites.google.com/site/mxvpen/download

Release Notes:

• Supports Android 5.0
    • Added View menu on the media list screen for the selection of view mode, sorting order, display fields.
    • Supports MOD audio files including .mod, .s3m, .xm, .it, and more.
    • Added "Scroll to last played media" option under Settings > List.
    • Added "Toggle playback with play button" under Settings > Player.
    • Audio track can be disabled through the audio track selection box.
    • Sound volume can be changed independently of system volume by checking off Settings > Audio > System volume.
    • Entire files on a folder can be played by long pressing folder item.
    In the latest SDK (if you've downloaded all the available parts via the SDK Manager), there is a large amount of sources under sources/android-21/android, including a boatload of classes that are not public interfaces and only for internal use. In the unlikely event the MX Player authors have not taken a look there yet, then please do, and see if what you need is there.
    New Update is Rolled Out to Google Play.
    OP is updated

A New update with Android 5.0 (Lollipop) support is released. You can update it from through Google Play. Alternatively, you can download from the the official download page

https://sites.google.com/site/mxvpen/download

Release Notes:

• Supports Android 5.0
    • Added View menu on the media list screen for the selection of view mode, sorting order, display fields.
    • Supports MOD audio files including .mod, .s3m, .xm, .it, and more.
    • Added "Scroll to last played media" option under Settings > List.
    • Added "Toggle playback with play button" under Settings > Player.
    • Audio track can be disabled through the audio track selection box.
    • Sound volume can be changed independently of system volume by checking off Settings > Audio > System volume.
    • Entire files on a folder can be played by long pressing folder item.
    Sorry for the OT but @bleu8888, is there a plan of materializing mx player?
    I will check material themes.
    New test build partially supports 5.0 developer preview.
    Visit following link for more information.
    https://sites.google.com/site/mxvpen/translation/test-build