[UPDATE] Android 5.0 (Lollipop) Support

Search This thread

_A.T.Omix_

Jan 2, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
U5vooru.png

Can Mx player have this awesome seek bar?
How did you get the network speed in your notification bar?

pappucan'tdance

Dec 13, 2011
mxplayer not able to play in Yureka

hi installed mxplayer from playstore to my Yureka mobile after CM12 lollipop update...but mx player is not opening and blank screen for all...not able to open

kiindly suggest what can be done

22sumit

Mar 1, 2014
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
Xiaomi Poco F1
M not able to delete video files from MX Player (version 1.7.36)
Getting error: "Beginning with android 4.4 kitkat, it may not possible to remove or rename files on external storage due to change of android security policy"
I'm on CM12 Lollipop 5.0.2 Android Version
Any work around to resolve this issue?

pappucan'tdance

Dec 13, 2011
i installed the above link mx player and mx player pro in my Yureka phone after lollipop update the mx player is not opening and blank screen was showing...this is log msg i got through mxlog
Manufacturer: YU
Model: AO5510
Brand: YU
Version: 5.0.2 (REL)
Build: YU/YUREKA/YUREKA:5.0.2/LRX22G/YNG1TAS0W0:user/release-keys
Kernel: Linux version 3.10.49-cyanogenmod-g12c35d7 ([email protected]) (gcc version 4.9 20140514 (prerelease) (GCC) ) #1 SMP PREEMPT Mon Apr 6 17:44:05 PDT 2015
CPU: 8 core(s) 1.5 GHz (family:1 features:2047) CPU architecture: 8 (os.arch: aarch64) CPU features: fp asimd aes pmull sha1 sha2 crc32 wp half thumb fastmult vfp edsp neon vfpv3 tlsi vfpv4 idiva idivt Board platform: msm8916 Instruction set: arm64-v8a armeabi-v7a armeabi
Resolution: 720 x 1280
Available screen size (DIP): 360 x 615 (smallest: 360)
Tablet: false
Screen size: Normal
Density: 2.0 (320)
Font scale: 0.90000004
Hardware main button: true
Touch screen: true
TV: false
Locale: en_US
Total memory: 1938864 kB (1938864kB)
Free memory: 141240 kB
=========================
kindly help me how can i make use of mx player

Mihai B

Jul 16, 2014
My Nexus 7 since the upgrade to Android 5.1 is doing the same & stuggles to play most files
I am having the same problems since my nexus 7 2013 was updated to 5.1: unable to seek or slide advance and a laggy playback. Lollipop was always choppy for me, but 5.1 seems even worse. It's strange because, otherwise, 5.1 seems the best Android 5 release so far for my tablet, most of the problems being solved.

aneesh avm

Apr 24, 2015
cant rename and delete files on this version

iam using s5 cant rename and delete files on this version on lolipop 5.0

Last edited:

chr0m

Apr 27, 2011
H/W+ not working in CM12S or CM12.1 nightly on OnePlus One

It used to work fine in CM11S, it stopped working once I updated to the official CM12S OTA.
I then did a wipe and flashed CM12.1 nightly build and it still won't work. H/W works in CM12.1, but even that wouldn't work in CM12S :(

dli7319

Jan 9, 2011
U.S.A.
It used to work fine in CM11S, it stopped working once I updated to the official CM12S OTA.
I then did a wipe and flashed CM12.1 nightly build and it still won't work. H/W works in CM12.1, but even that wouldn't work in CM12S :(

Works fine here with Cyanogen OS 12 on my OnePlus One. Try using HW instead of HW+

---------- Post added at 10:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 PM ----------

iam using s5 cant rename and delete files on this version on lolipop 5.0

Try https://sites.google.com/site/mxvpen/translation/test-build

The_Steph

Mar 20, 2007
Paris
Same for me with my Oppo Find 7a. H/W is OK H/W+ not anymore since my move to LP 5.1.1 (Nameless based on CM 12.1).

chr0m

Apr 27, 2011
H/W+ is working fine for me on my Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1 with CM12.1 nightlies, dunno why it won't work on my OnePlus One.

chr0m

Apr 27, 2011
.mp4? HW+ work. .mkv, .ts only HW

h.264 MKV, the same files I played fine with HW+ on CM11S.

I have another issue. HW+ appeared to be working fine on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 with CM12.1 nightlies, but when I actually tried to watch something the video would freeze after a few seconds but the sound kept going. I switched to HW and the same thing happened, so I can only use SW on my tablet now :(

Will check out some other video players and see if they work. It's a shame because I really like MX Player and even bought the Pro version.

Alexey71

Oct 13, 2012
Russian
OnePlus Nord N10 5G

I have another issue. HW+ appeared to be working fine on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 with CM12.1 nightlies, but when I actually tried to watch something the video would freeze after a few seconds but the sound kept going. I switched to HW and the same thing happened, so I can only use SW on my tablet now :(

Will check out some other video players and see if they work. It's a shame because I really like MX Player and even bought the Pro version.

Yep cm12.x bad work mx player. I back to cm11 hw+ fine

OsitKP

Oct 3, 2008
Novosibirsk

That means the only one thing: your new ROM has poor video codecs. In other words your hardware cannot communicate properly with MX. The simpliest check is to play your video with stock player. If it doesn't play it, MX won't play it too. Only manufacturer can provide correct codecs for his device (maybe СМ team if they do the same version of Android).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    A New update with Android 5.0 (Lollipop) support is released. You can update it from through Google Play. Alternatively, you can download from the the official download page

https://sites.google.com/site/mxvpen/download

Release Notes:

• Supports Android 5.0
    • Added View menu on the media list screen for the selection of view mode, sorting order, display fields.
    • Supports MOD audio files including .mod, .s3m, .xm, .it, and more.
    • Added "Scroll to last played media" option under Settings > List.
    • Added "Toggle playback with play button" under Settings > Player.
    • Audio track can be disabled through the audio track selection box.
    • Sound volume can be changed independently of system volume by checking off Settings > Audio > System volume.
    • Entire files on a folder can be played by long pressing folder item.
    In the latest SDK (if you've downloaded all the available parts via the SDK Manager), there is a large amount of sources under sources/android-21/android, including a boatload of classes that are not public interfaces and only for internal use. In the unlikely event the MX Player authors have not taken a look there yet, then please do, and see if what you need is there.
    New Update is Rolled Out to Google Play.
    OP is updated

A New update with Android 5.0 (Lollipop) support is released. You can update it from through Google Play. Alternatively, you can download from the the official download page

https://sites.google.com/site/mxvpen/download

Release Notes:

• Supports Android 5.0
    • Added View menu on the media list screen for the selection of view mode, sorting order, display fields.
    • Supports MOD audio files including .mod, .s3m, .xm, .it, and more.
    • Added "Scroll to last played media" option under Settings > List.
    • Added "Toggle playback with play button" under Settings > Player.
    • Audio track can be disabled through the audio track selection box.
    • Sound volume can be changed independently of system volume by checking off Settings > Audio > System volume.
    • Entire files on a folder can be played by long pressing folder item.
    Sorry for the OT but @bleu8888, is there a plan of materializing mx player?
    I will check material themes.
    New test build partially supports 5.0 developer preview.
    Visit following link for more information.
    https://sites.google.com/site/mxvpen/translation/test-build