[UPDATE] Android 5.0 (Lollipop) Support

Search This thread

maaya1989

Dec 28, 2014
thanks for the newest test update,the new design is sick!!Love the color choice!But I noticed that on my nexus 7,the control buttons (play/pause/lock etc) are noticeably blurry.It could be that the new buttons are not made in high resolution.

coen22

Jan 24, 2011
Maybe it could also use a new material icon

MXPlayer.png

Edit: to catch the colors a little better

btw: the new material design is awesome!

Last edited:

Thirumalai.K

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 14, 2011
thanks for the newest test update,the new design is sick!!Love the color choice!But I noticed that on my nexus 7,the control buttons (play/pause/lock etc) are noticeably blurry.It could be that the new buttons are not made in high resolution.

Have you checked the latest stable build?
It's very sharp now...? ?

CDB-Man

May 29, 2013
Maybe it could also use a new material icon

MXPlayer.png

Edit: to catch the colors a little better

btw: the new material design is awesome!
That material icon is pretty cool. Though, I think the black disc could be lightened a little bit. The one quoted in Aashuk Mehta's post is too light, so darker than that?

coen22

Jan 24, 2011
I still have problems with H/W+ on lolipop
In most cases it doesn't even do anything
I'm running cm12 on my Oneplus One and SlimLP on my Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 (P3110)

Last edited:

nirazo

Mar 3, 2013
Pokhara
Confused where its msg or problem.

I've been using this program since it is very user friendly and i have downloaded and using this new one but I've got this kind of msg whenever I'm going to delete the file which are stored in external storage but not for those which are not stored in internal storage...Is there any solution to get ride of this msg.
cannot delete some files. Please make sure that you storage is not mounted as read-only.
Beginning with Android 4.4 kitkat, it may not possible to remove or rename files on external storage due to change of Android security policy.
Thanks in Advance
I'm using this app in Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime

CDB-Man

May 29, 2013
I've been using this program since it is very user friendly and i have downloaded and using this new one but I've got this kind of msg whenever I'm going to delete the file which are stored in external storage but not for those which are not stored in internal storage...Is there any solution to get ride of this msg.
cannot delete some files. Please make sure that you storage is not mounted as read-only.
Beginning with Android 4.4 kitkat, it may not possible to remove or rename files on external storage due to change of Android security policy.
Thanks in Advance
I'm using this app in Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime
Um... didn't you just answer your own question? Also, you can always use a file manager app like ES File Explorer.

likesatan

Sep 3, 2010
Paris
H/W Problem

Hi,

Thank you very much for your work, the app is wonderfull.

I do report you a problem, while I'm streaming MP4 videos, H/W codec don't work, only black screen music is working. People have to set up his phone in S/W.

My phone is Samsung i9506 - KS01LTE ; App version 1.7.3.5 ; ROM : CM12 4.1 Unofficial version ported by arter97.

Hope this will help,
Regards,
Likesatan

Thirumalai.K

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 14, 2011
Hi,

Thank you very much for your work, the app is wonderfull.

I do report you a problem, while I'm streaming MP4 videos, H/W codec don't work, only black screen music is working. People have to set up his phone in S/W.

My phone is Samsung i9506 - KS01LTE ; App version 1.7.3.5 ; ROM : CM12 4.1 Unofficial version ported by arter97.

Hope this will help,
Regards,
Likesatan

Hmm
video mkv (audio AAC) - HW work, HW+ not support
video mkv (audio AC3) - HW not work, HW+ not support
Custom Codec with DTS & AC3 installed
It might be a liitle bit cm12's fault
I was able to play inception 1080p with HW+
But other movies/series do have problems
Same here. I can only use H/W but not H/W+. I am running CM12 on Z1 Compact.

CM12 is in nightly stage. It's far away from even beta version.

MX Player H/W+ depends on android media work. So, any changes to the framework may lead to issue on H/W+

If something is not working in H/W decoder, test your self with Stock Video Player. H/W uses android's mediaplayer interface. So, most of the issues from H/W decoder are from ROM itself.

likesatan

Sep 3, 2010
Paris
CM12 is in nightly stage. It's far away from even beta version.

MX Player H/W+ depends on android media work. So, any changes to the framework may lead to issue on H/W+

If something is not working in H/W decoder, test your self with Stock Video Player. H/W uses android's mediaplayer interface. So, most of the issues from H/W decoder are from ROM itself.

Understood !
Keep doing it, is there a place to donate ?

Regards,
Likesatan

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    A New update with Android 5.0 (Lollipop) support is released. You can update it from through Google Play. Alternatively, you can download from the the official download page

https://sites.google.com/site/mxvpen/download

Release Notes:

• Supports Android 5.0
    • Added View menu on the media list screen for the selection of view mode, sorting order, display fields.
    • Supports MOD audio files including .mod, .s3m, .xm, .it, and more.
    • Added "Scroll to last played media" option under Settings > List.
    • Added "Toggle playback with play button" under Settings > Player.
    • Audio track can be disabled through the audio track selection box.
    • Sound volume can be changed independently of system volume by checking off Settings > Audio > System volume.
    • Entire files on a folder can be played by long pressing folder item.
    In the latest SDK (if you've downloaded all the available parts via the SDK Manager), there is a large amount of sources under sources/android-21/android, including a boatload of classes that are not public interfaces and only for internal use. In the unlikely event the MX Player authors have not taken a look there yet, then please do, and see if what you need is there.
    New Update is Rolled Out to Google Play.
    OP is updated

A New update with Android 5.0 (Lollipop) support is released. You can update it from through Google Play. Alternatively, you can download from the the official download page

https://sites.google.com/site/mxvpen/download

Release Notes:

• Supports Android 5.0
    • Added View menu on the media list screen for the selection of view mode, sorting order, display fields.
    • Supports MOD audio files including .mod, .s3m, .xm, .it, and more.
    • Added "Scroll to last played media" option under Settings > List.
    • Added "Toggle playback with play button" under Settings > Player.
    • Audio track can be disabled through the audio track selection box.
    • Sound volume can be changed independently of system volume by checking off Settings > Audio > System volume.
    • Entire files on a folder can be played by long pressing folder item.
    Sorry for the OT but @bleu8888, is there a plan of materializing mx player?
    I will check material themes.
    New test build partially supports 5.0 developer preview.
    Visit following link for more information.
    https://sites.google.com/site/mxvpen/translation/test-build