[UPDATE] Android 5.0 (Lollipop) Support

Search This thread

moppix

Jan 21, 2009
h/w+ issues seems to be fixed in latest beta

I use MX Player on my Nexus 5 and had issues with H/W+ since upgrade to Lollipop 5.1. However, I just installed the latest MX Player Beta (dated 13 May 2015) and the issues are no longer present. :)
Can anyone else test and confirm.

k_no

Aug 10, 2007
I have OxygenOS installed on my OnePlus One 64GB. Since I installed MX player on this device, I have found that regardless of what options I select in the Folder settings, none of the videos on my phone show up in the files list. I literally have to locate the file from the built-in file explorer, tap on the file's icon, and then select MX player as the default application. I have tried copying the file straight into the SD Card root, into simply-named folders, all to no avail. I am at my wit's end.

muneerkh

Feb 21, 2009
New version 1.79 not working with live stream getting sw decoder error and even tried with hw and hw+. But it was worked well with old version such as 1.78. Kindly fix it. Thanks

muneerkh

Feb 21, 2009
Hi

kindly find attached files

Attachments

• report_2015-06-08_130208.zip
    11.5 KB · Views: 28
  • report_2015-06-08_130443.zip
    25.4 KB · Views: 18

bleu8888

Mar 24, 2011
Hi

kindly find attached files
Streaming server is returning Http 403 Forbidden error.
It might be due to changed default user-agent value.
In 1.7.39, default user-agent is changed to follow de-factor standard user agent value such as Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 5.1; en-US; Nexus 6 Build/LMY47Z) MXPlayer/1.7.39

In previous version, it was something like MXPlayer/1.7.38
Please try old user-agent form, it can be set on Settings > General > Http User-Agent

Reactions: muneerkh

muneerkh

Feb 21, 2009
Thanks, i tried but not working, but still working with old version. Kindly look on it.

---------- Post added at 02:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:39 AM ----------

Thanks a lot, I tried with this string "MXPlayer/1.7.39" then its worked. No value showing in previous veesion. Anyway thanks a lot.

Reactions: gloopax

Rcmaniac10

Jun 19, 2015
How do i remove blue play button on right bottom corner after launch?

when i open up mx player on the bottom right corner is a blue circle with a white triangle (play) on it. after i press is it starts playing what i was watching last. how do i remove that button?:confused:

I'm glad this was addressed. MXPlayer is probably my most used app on the phone and I don't want to upgrade before knowing whether the player will work or not.

i get graphical glitches on v 1.7.40 pro , im on samsung i9500 lollipop what should i do to fix it??? @ktsamy playback always show glitches and screw up the video playback other apps than mx player is fine

no answer??

Last edited:

lemonade747

Jul 9, 2012
Plz add speed adjusting option, this is 2015 and all video players have this feature, why MX player still doesnt have???

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    A New update with Android 5.0 (Lollipop) support is released. You can update it from through Google Play. Alternatively, you can download from the the official download page

https://sites.google.com/site/mxvpen/download

Release Notes:

• Supports Android 5.0
    • Added View menu on the media list screen for the selection of view mode, sorting order, display fields.
    • Supports MOD audio files including .mod, .s3m, .xm, .it, and more.
    • Added "Scroll to last played media" option under Settings > List.
    • Added "Toggle playback with play button" under Settings > Player.
    • Audio track can be disabled through the audio track selection box.
    • Sound volume can be changed independently of system volume by checking off Settings > Audio > System volume.
    • Entire files on a folder can be played by long pressing folder item.
    In the latest SDK (if you've downloaded all the available parts via the SDK Manager), there is a large amount of sources under sources/android-21/android, including a boatload of classes that are not public interfaces and only for internal use. In the unlikely event the MX Player authors have not taken a look there yet, then please do, and see if what you need is there.
    New Update is Rolled Out to Google Play.
    OP is updated

A New update with Android 5.0 (Lollipop) support is released. You can update it from through Google Play. Alternatively, you can download from the the official download page

https://sites.google.com/site/mxvpen/download

Release Notes:

• Supports Android 5.0
    • Added View menu on the media list screen for the selection of view mode, sorting order, display fields.
    • Supports MOD audio files including .mod, .s3m, .xm, .it, and more.
    • Added "Scroll to last played media" option under Settings > List.
    • Added "Toggle playback with play button" under Settings > Player.
    • Audio track can be disabled through the audio track selection box.
    • Sound volume can be changed independently of system volume by checking off Settings > Audio > System volume.
    • Entire files on a folder can be played by long pressing folder item.
    Sorry for the OT but @bleu8888, is there a plan of materializing mx player?
    I will check material themes.
    New test build partially supports 5.0 developer preview.
    Visit following link for more information.
    https://sites.google.com/site/mxvpen/translation/test-build